It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal arrested in corruption crackdown: Reports

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Mike.Ockizard

interesting . Also interesting that Jared traveled to Saudi a few weeks back and wouldn't disclose who they met with. I think I have an idea , lol

The White House official would not say who Kushner and the other officials met with while in Saudi Arabia.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well, Twitter is blowing up about this. A lot of people think this could be going down.

If it's really all this connected (Hillary, Podesta, KSA Princes, Cheese Pizza), I could see why everything and everyone has been against Trump.

FFS, if he brought down something THIS big he WOULD be the messiah.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter
Well, Twitter is blowing up about this. A lot of people think this could be going down.

If it's really all this connected (Hillary, Podesta, KSA Princes, Cheese Pizza), I could see why everything and everyone has been against Trump.

FFS, if he brought down something THIS big he WOULD be the messiah.

if this goes down under trumps watch i would even go vote for the orange renegade next election cycle. Asumming he doesnt go down on the ship ,lol

edit on 051130America/ChicagoSat, 04 Nov 2017 23:05:50 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I just have a hard time believing big fish will really be cooked here. Too much power. It'd be too big of a deal.

Don't get me wrong, I hope anyone guilty is held to account. I just don't see it happening. Way too many things have been just buried before for me to believe they'll finally move to clean it up.
edit on 4-11-2017 by RadioRobert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
That Deplorable Media on Twitter who published that multi-point tweet has an interesting sub-tweet mentioning the donations from the now arrested KSA Prince werent campaign contributions but rather purchase money for children.

Really? That sounds far fetched to me, duh. For that to be true the Clinton Foundation would have to be running a slaver operation.

It's more likely Trump is drying up some Dem funding than anything else, if he were to be proved to be influential in the jailing of these family heads.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

I am hopeful too.I will gladly accept baby steps.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
So, adding on, if Trump DID pull off a deal to jail those princes or whoever and brought that business to market he would effectively be pulling off a coup de gras.

Think about it. If this were true he will have taken the bad money coming into our country from KSA, at least part of it (Dem funding of Hillary) and then turned around and brought in GOOD, REALLY GOOD money by getting this company to list on the equity market. Wouldn't that kind of be a pretty HUUUUUGE win? An amazing stroke from a master swordsman kind of deal?
edit on 5-11-2017 by Tempter because: Pn

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

Ok so we are now up to 12 sealed indictments, to go along with these arrests.

I am starting to think this q anon on pol is not a larper. But if what he is saying about obama is true- the implications are terrifying.
edit on 5-11-2017 by proximo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 12:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

The Saudis have been planning this since at least June of 2016. It's part of the diversification plan that I briefly mentioned in my first post. That plan involves them lessening their dependence on fossil fuels, and selling off a portion of Aramco will help them raise more money. They're rumored to be looking at making around $2 trillion from the sale (and it's only selling a small portion of the company, if I'm not mistaken).

Here's an older article about it (HERE); here's the official Saudi website for the plan (called the National Transformation Program/Vision 2030 plan); and here's the 57 page pdf of it (HERE).

I'm pointing this out because I think people are going overboard with the fake conspiracies here. Particularly because there are plenty of real conspiracy angles to this story. Whichever country's bankers get to handle this IPO will make a killing from it. And since the IPO is being targeted for next year, that still leaves plenty of time for the Saudis to place significant conditions on our govts if they want a piece of the action.

Remember when we decided to allow the Saudis to be sued for 9/11 and how they threatened to sell off their assets here in response? And remember how we stepped back from our potential war with Iran? Now our leaders are going to have to decide which one's more important: making Wall Street & the Saudis happy or making American activists & conservatives happy. Then again, I have no clue what the Crown Prince's end game is, so maybe the demands will be completely different?
edit on 5-11-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-11-2017 by enlightenedservant because: thought about it and changed the dilemma in the last paragraph

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 05:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

originally posted by: Cauliflower
One of the princes to be removed Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal is the largest stock holder of CITI.
Maybe there is something a little deeper going on here?
Found this image of Al-Waleed bin Talal's wife.

HELLOOOOO Princess!!!!

The CITI never sleeps

I was replying to a post in another thread, that ear candy looks like an Ankh.
She is definitely an alien, probably from the resonant colony.
And thanks to the other posters for linking Trump and the Vegas shooter.

From what I can tell, that was pretty much a publicity stunt to promote their new "modernization" image.

Maybe the Princess is wearing a LEO internet mesh outfit?
Its ET whatever it is..
edit on 5-11-2017 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: St Udio
the reports are thin & sparse... but I think the Wahabbi 'Rulers' who allow the Monarchy operation charade to play out are purging the extreme elements who are too 'westernized' and involved with the wrong 'terrorists' as opposed to True Jihadists

I gotta see more to come to a prognosis

Actually, it looks like the opposite. The Crown Prince is all about modernization while the Wahhabis are ultra-conservatives. Like I mentioned earlier, he's the one behind their current economic diversification plans & their many recent women's rights reforms. Though to be fair, part of the women's rights reforms seem to be aimed at getting more women into the workforce and involved in the economy. Well, the Crown Prince was just appointed the head of the committee that's arrested all of the people in this thread.

And remember how Saudi Arabia just gave citizenship to that robot? From what I can tell, that was pretty much a publicity stunt to promote their new "modernization" image.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: proximo

will see with the upcoming arrest i guess.
certainly wouldnt ne surprising to many here.
edit on 131130America/ChicagoSun, 05 Nov 2017 08:13:20 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   

i have a hard time expecting anything good coming from any of these super powerful ,wealthy and corrupted familes. It would appear that the kids are raised in an eviroment of entitlement that lacks empathy or lacks the understanding of unconditional relationship or doing what is right.

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Interesting

Reports suggested those detained were being held at the Ritz Carlton in Riyadh

apnews.com...

If they are being held in the Ritz Carlton It would suggest they are negotiating some terms.

I wonder how much it might take Alwaleed Bin Talal to save himself and his families life and what other conditions will be required?

I can't imagine them arresting Alwaleed Bin Talal while letting his family stay in Saudi and keeping his money? Money = power and if the family keeps the money its a risk for revenge or coup down the road.

Cant image the complete shock that him and his family will have if they cant have servants?
edit on 531130America/ChicagoSun, 05 Nov 2017 09:53:29 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 10:43 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

I can't imagine them arresting Alwaleed Bin Talal while letting his family stay in Saudi and keeping his money? Money = power and if the family keeps the money its a risk for revenge or coup down the road.

Cant image the complete shock that him and his family will have if they cant have servants?

Uhh, you know they're all family, right? The House of Saud has something like 15,000 members and all of the arrested princes are Sauds. Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal's full name is something like "Al-Waleed bin Talal bin Abdulaziz al Saud". For what it's worth, "Saudi Arabia" pretty much means "The House of Saud's Arab Land/Kingdom".

posted on Nov, 5 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

right, but there is Family then there is family especially as dispersed and powerful as their family .

Alwaleed Bin Talal has been in the forefront for a long time with lots of money,connections, and power. It will be interesting to see how this pans out with someone who has lived such a powerful and lavish lifestyle go from rags to riches or from the forefront to the background.

Assuming he gets jail and loses his money ofcourse versus those below him being charged.

posted on Nov, 7 2017 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Saudi Arabia announced the arrest on Saturday night of the prominent billionaire investor Prince Alwaleed bin Talal, plus at least 10 other princes, four ministers and tens of former ministers.
He controls the investment firm Kingdom Holding and is one of the world’s richest men, owning or having owned major stakes in 21st Century Fox, Citigroup, Apple, Twitter and many other well-known companies [Lyft]. The prince also controls satellite television networks watched across the Arab world.

The sweeping campaign of arrests appears to be the latest move to consolidate the power of Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman, the favorite son and top adviser of King Salman.

NYTimes.com, Saudi Arabia Arrests 11 Princes, Including Billionaire Alwaleed bin Talal.

He has been arrested. Forbes, watching the money side, said dropped from 13th richest in the world last month, to 80-something, his billions nearly cut in half.

Over in the tin-foil hat club, it is more than just a passing note that this guy is a major supporter of Rupert Murdoch's 21st Century Fox. They are getting set to meet next week. Word around the campfire is that Murdoch may be "taken down" by a cadre in the company that do not how he has been running it. With the Prince's support in question can Rupert avoid a coup?

Or it could be just a shoring up of power in Saudi Arabia like NYT says... okay(/sarc).

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Update:

Names are coming out among the the detained/arrested people & 2 of them are massive. As you may know, Prince Alwaleed Talal from the OP is the richest man in Saudi Arabia. Well, the 2nd and 5th richest men in Saudi Arabia are also among the arrested. (ETA: I'm talking about the richest individuals, not the richest families, which is different.)

Mohammed al-Amoudi, the half Saudi & half Ethiopian billionaire, was also arrested. His net worth is around $10 billion and he's another major global investor. I only knew of him from his massive undertakings in Ethiopia (he's basically the backer of their govt), but apparently he's also one of the biggest private investors in Sweden, too.

One of the biggest private foreign investors and real estate owners in Sweden, Mohammed Al-Amoudi, is among the people arrested in Saudi Arabia this weekend in what the government explained as a crackdown on corruption.

Al-Amoudi, who is of Ethiopian-Saudi origin, owns the Swedish petrol chain Preem. The company’s communications director in Sweden, Helene Samuelsson, has confirmed Al-Amoudi’s arrest to Swedish business daily Dagens Industri.

One of Sweden’s biggest private investors has been arrested in Saudi Arabia's purge

Assets include Sweden’s largest oil refiner, Preem AB, real estate and numerous contracting businesses. In Ethiopia, where he’s said to be the biggest private investor, he owns hotels and a gold mine, and has invested hundreds of millions of dollars in large-scale farms growing coffee and rice.

Saudi Corruption Purge Snares $33 Billion of Net Worth

The other big name to come out so far is Saleh Kamel (worth $3.7 billion). You can read his section in the last article I linked to learn more about him. But basically, he was one of the pioneers of the modern Islamic banking system (so he's a major banker), as well as being a major investor in countless other companies.

One more name that will surely catch people's attention is Bakr Binladin. He's the current Chairman of the Saudi BinLadin Group, which is a mega construction conglomerate. As a refresher, Mohammed Binladin was the right hand man of Saudi Arabia's founder King Ibn Saud, and his construction firm was by far the major firm that built modern Saudi Arabia. So calling the Saudi Binladin Group a "conglomerate" is an understatement. Anyway, its current Chairman Bakr (the guy who's been detained) is also Osama Bin Ladin's brother. Yeah...

In short, this crackdown is way bigger than I imagined. It seems like the Crown Prince is either doing this to make sure the other powerbrokers in the kingdom are obedient to him, or he's simply going to co-opt their assets. I'm even more perplexed now than I originally was, especially because of the detainment of Al-Amoudi. That guy's pretty much untouchable in Ethiopia.
edit on 8-11-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Hmm very interesting tnx.

A quick remark.. Largest investor in Sweden... Sweden is having a more then fair share of immigration problems... Could it be that obvious (now)? A Pattern?

What is one of Etheopia's main policies that differ from normal behavior? Do you see there a linked agenda too?
edit on 8-11-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2017 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

It's hard to tell with Ethiopia. They had major political turmoil over the last year or so from the Muslim Oromo population which caused to a State of Emergency. But that's largely over now. Hmm... I'll need to explain it better.

Ethiopia's provinces (called regions) are based on ethnic groups. So the Somali region is Somalian majority, the Amhara region is Amharic majority, the Oromo region is Oromo majority, etc. Their govt is controlled by a political coalition from the Tigray region, while the national capital (Addis Ababa) is located in the Oromo region. This isn't normally a problem since it was Tigray liberation groups that overthrew the communist govt that had deposed Emperor Haile Salassie.

Do you remember that Ethiopia's building a major dam on the Nile (the Great Ethiopian Resistance Dam)? Well, several years ago, Egypt started trying to get the Muslims in the Oromo region to rise up against the Christian majority govt. (ETA: they wanted this because they're completely dependent on the Nile and won't allow anyone to reduce their share of its water. So they intended to stir up turmoil in Ethiopia in order to stop the govt from completing the dam.) Anyway, this wasn't too successful, but in either 2015 or 2016, Ethiopia's federal govt released a new development plan which kept seizing Oromo land for the federal govt's usage. This set off a long series of protests in the Oromo region which swept into another region (I think the Amharic region). Hence the roughly yearlong state of emergency.

I don't know if the billionaire Al-Amoudi had anything to with that, though I suspect some of the land seizures & development deals would've benefited him. (ETA: Then again, most Arab countries were supportive of Egypt's position in regards to the Nile and the Ethiopian Dam. I have no clue how Al-Amoudi felt about it, though.) I mainly only knew of him because his businesses and his cronies kept buying/leasing large swaths of land for new development projects. But he seemed so untouchable that I didn't even bother looking into it too much. (Remember, we're talking about a $10 billion man in a country where their entry level workers might make $40 a month. He might as well be a monarch.)
edit on 8-11-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join