It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Billionaire Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal arrested in corruption crackdown: Reports

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Alwaleed Bin Talal, a member of the Saudi royal family, was reportedly detained on Saturday.

Saudi Arabia's royal family ousted key officials and arrested others in a sweeping anti-corruption drive.

Bin Talal is a very prominent investor with stakes in companies like Citigroup, Apple and Twitter, just to name a few.

Billionaire Saudi Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal arrested in corruption crackdown: Reports

I'm looking for flying pigs between all these corruption investigations.

Saudi Arabia's Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal, a prominent member of the county's royal family and a wealthy investor, was arrested on Saturday in connection with a wide-ranging anti-corruption initiative, according to local reports.

Interesting enough

edition.cnn.com...

The donations to the William J. Clinton Foundation include amounts of $10 million to $25 million from the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia

Then the tweet from Trump today,Interesting timing?

Twitter

Would very much appreciate Saudi Arabia doing their IPO of Aramco with the New York Stock Exchange. Important to the United States!

5:49 AM - 4 Nov 2017

edit on 111130America/ChicagoSat, 04 Nov 2017 20:11:39 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

Beat me to it. This looks juicy. Talal owns the 4 Seasons in Las Vegas (top four floors of the Mandalay Bay). Does this have anything to do with some (or 1) potential indictments that may be announced on Monday? Hope i'm not jumping the gun....

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Dopey Prince @Alwaleed_Talal wants to control our U.S. politicians with daddy’s money. Can’t do it when I get elected. #Trump2016 7:53 PM - 11 Dec 2015

twitter

interesting.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
drain the swamp, and excavate the desert

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Rikku
Twitter

Interesting timing?

Would very much appreciate Saudi Arabia doing their IPO of Aramco with the New York Stock Exchange. Important to the United States!

5:49 AM - 4 Nov 2017

edit on 081130America/ChicagoSat, 04 Nov 2017 20:08:54 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:12 PM
link   

O_O

Supposedly 11 princes & dozens of other officials have been arrested so far. From Al-Arabiya:

Eleven princes, four sitting ministers and ‘tens’ of former ministers have been arrested on orders from the new anti-corruption committee headed by Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman on Saturday evening according to sources.

The committee announced that it is reopening the file of the 2009 Jeddah floods and investigating the Corona virus issue also known as the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome (MERS) virus.

Princes and former ministers detained in corruption probe

For those who don't know, this specific prince is one of the wealthiest men in the entire Middle East. He's the one who used to own a significant portion of Fox News' parent company News Corp until 2015. He's a major institutional investor and his ex-wife, the gorgeous Princess Ameerah, is a huge women's rights activist.

For people who don't follow Saudi Arabian news, there's much more going on than this. The current Crown Prince (who's next in line to be King) has been making some dramatic changes there over the past 12 months or so, including a lot of women's rights related changes. The rumors are that he's basically initiated a soft coup, since the current King is mostly incapacitated and seems to heavily rely on the Crown Prince's judgment for most of their policies.

The Crown Prince is also incredibly young (only 32), which completely destroyed their tradition of picking from among the elders. To put this into perspective, their last 2 Kings (including the current King) were 80 and 79 when they became King. And the previous 2 were in their 60s. This Crown Prince is the same guy who's credited with planning Saudi Arabia's current economic diversification plan.

In short, I've been eagerly awaiting to see what's really going on there. Part of me suspects that this is actually a move to consolidate power for the upcoming throne wars. And another part of me is hoping that this guy can finally free Saudi Arabia of the Wahhabi's grip. (But don't your hopes up too much. I'm pretty sure this Crown Prince is also the same guy who was behind the current Yemen War. If I'm thinking about the correct prince, the Yemen War was supposed to be his "launching pad" to succession. But I admittedly get some of these prince's confused so it may be a different one behind the Yemen War though I'm pretty sure it's this guy).
edit on 4-11-2017 by enlightenedservant because: typos

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Great post and information.

Hard to say what in the world is going on at the moment. It does look there are some big power shifts happening. Cant say if it will really effect us peons in the end , but definitely some changes are happing in the background.
edit on 171130America/ChicagoSat, 04 Nov 2017 20:17:53 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Mohammed bin Salman is in his 30's, wonder why they chose this particular young Prince to "clean house"?
I think there is an older brother in charge of the Saudi oil industry.
Oh well, All the worlds a stage.
edit on 4-11-2017 by Cauliflower because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Only reply to this is..

Oh my... thighs!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

Off the top of my head, I think the current Crown Prince is the son of the current King. Before him, they would pick from the surviving brothers of Saudi Arabia's founder (Ibn Saud) and then from the sons of that generation (which is why they were all old). I haven't looked into the details so I could be wrong though.

ETA: Or he might be a grandson. Either way, I think they skipped a generation with him, which was controversial (too lazy to look it up lol).

ETA2: Ok. I don't like peddling false info so I looked it up. He's the son of the current King from his 3rd wife. The current King is a son of Ibn Saud.

So Ibn and his brothers are the first generation of Kings and potential King successors. The current King, his brothers, and his 1st cousins are the second generation of Kings and potential King successors. And the current Crown Prince is from the 3rd generation, even though there are still plenty of 2nd generation candidates.

edit on 4-11-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

edit on 4-11-2017 by enlightenedservant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   
One of the princes to be removed Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal is the largest stock holder of CITI.
Maybe there is something a little deeper going on here?
Found this image of Al-Waleed bin Talal's wife.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:51 PM
link   

الوليد بن طلال ✔@Alwaleed_Talal .@realDonaldTrump You are a disgrace not only to the GOP but to all America. Withdraw from the U.S presidential race as you will never win. 8:02 PM - Dec 11, 2015

Dopey Prince @Alwaleed_Talal wants to control our U.S. politicians with daddy’s money. Can’t do it when I get elected. #Trump2016

الوليد بن طلال ✔@Alwaleed_Talal President elect @realDonaldTrump whatever the past differences, America has spoken, congratulations & best wishes for your presidency.

Nice try, not forgotten. The Trump curse is real.

Whooohahahaha

edit on 4-11-2017 by EartOccupant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:55 PM
link   
The SA thing his is all about the takedown of the NWO going on now. Why do you think POTUS is out of the country. This SA thing is all about oblama and Clinton who is wearing a ankle tracking bracelet under her cast/boot right now . Tony Podesta has been arrested and John is scheduled to turn himself in as well. Q anon on 4 c h and gulp working together to spill the beans. Thought I would pop over to ATS to give you the heads up. It's on via Chess master Trump !!!

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: EartOccupant

From what it looks like trump is also friendly with the new replacement Mohammed bin Salman.

FWIW
Apparently doing some quick searches on him and trump, neither appear to be liked by the press and Salman is referred to as hothead,impulsiveness, aggression and poor judgement .

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Trump is friendly by nature.

But strikes back with trice the force when attacked.

And being liked by the press..... Then you know you are on the wrong side of history in the being...

hahahahaaa Wake up

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: dntwastetime
The SA thing his is all about the takedown of the NWO going on now. Why do you think POTUS is out of the country. This SA thing is all about oblama and Clinton who is wearing a ankle tracking bracelet under her cast/boot right now . Tony Podesta has been arrested and John is scheduled to turn himself in as well. Q anon on 4 c h and gulp working together to spill the beans. Thought I would pop over to ATS to give you the heads up. It's on via Chess master Trump !!!

I've been following the 4chan thread as well. Not sold on it but a lot of dots are being connected for sure. Definitely an interesting read (sifting through the typical nonsense, anyway).

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Cauliflower

No need to look for mere images. lol Like I said earlier, she's a big women's rights activist. So there are plenty of youtube videos of her giving interviews. She's been big against the women's driving ban, which is coincidentally being overturned as we speak.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: EartOccupant

And being liked by the press..... Then you know you are on the wrong side of history in the being...

hahahahaaa Wake up

who said its a good thing to be liked by the press? i was just pointing out an observation.

i didnt vote for either gop or dnc candidate this election but one of the few things i liked about trump was that neither hollywood, the press, ,the dnc, nor the gop liked him.

edit on 121130America/ChicagoSat, 04 Nov 2017 21:12:39 -0500000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

With that we are on the same page.

posted on Nov, 4 2017 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Looks like Crown Prince Mohammad is consolidating his power.

When the senile, demented 81 year old King Salman dies Mohammad will likely be the next King. Good idea for him to remove any rivals now while he has the chance.

A lot of reforms currently ongoing in Saudi Arabia can probably be traced back to Muhammad. It's more about his own power than anything else. His power base lies outside of the Wahhabi clerical circles the House of Saud has traditionally drawn much of it's support form.
edit on -050009pm11kpm by Ohanka because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join