It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Want The Russia Narrative to be True

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I wrote this back in July regarding the Don Trump Jr affair:

“But nothing has given the media more excuses to stop reporting the news fairly, if reporting the news at all. Given the plot-twists and speculations and resultant conspiracy theories, this whole charade turns out to be at best a form of special-interest, bureaucratic piffle, but at worse, a blatant smear campaign concocted by corporate, intelligence, and political operatives in order to dupe the public.

As far as investigations are concerned, at this point it is a fishing expedition: an expensive, time-consuming, and ultimately useless investigation that finds nothing regarding what they were initially tasked with investigating, but no less drags it out long enough for someone to get nailed for something unrelated. For them it doesn’t matter anyways. In the end they get what they always wanted: the chance to smear a political opponent while still maintaining a whiff of credibility in the public eye, no matter the amount of deceit it took to get there. ”

Now that it is November, Mueller has finally laid some charges in the so-called “Russia probe”. The charges, as to be expected, have little if anything to do with Russia, let alone any collusion between that country and president of the United States. As of now it’s a taxpayer funded fishing expedition.

I have to be honest—I hope that the Trump/Russia collusion story is proven to be true. I hope the facts prove that Trump was some Manchurian candidate, that he worked with Putin to hack the election in order to advance Russian interests, to keep his golden shower tape hidden, to advance a global nationalist conspiracy, to spread propaganda, undermining democracy and the political process while doing so. I wish Trump’s presidency turns out to be false and that his “base” was cheated by a Russian plant. I would find comfort in the realization that this whole time I was just a thick-headed partisan for being blind and not believing any of it. That is something I and everyone else can live with. It means that even despite the thick-headedness of the devout, the country prevailed over evil, the entire system of checks and balances, congress, the justice department, the intelligence community and free press, works.

But if not the whole thing proves itself to be no more than deep-state dinner theatre. It means that power is consolidated in the hands of faceless and unelected bureaucrats who would abuse their powers and weaponize the state apparatus against their political opponents. And the intelligence community, the past administration, the press, the courts, the authorities—the whole political facade governing the last free country on Earth—is a bloody sham.

I want the Russia narrative to be true because the opposite is far worse.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:22 PM
link   
well too bad its not

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   
No.

The opposite is a criminal family in the Clintons selling out America to their internal relationships.

Which ever narrative is right, both sides are still in the wrong.

I feel bad for you...

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Elementalist

Which ever narrative is right, both sides are still in the wrong.

That makes zero sense.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
I have to be honest—I hope that the Trump/Russia collusion story is proven to be true. I hope the facts prove that Trump was some Manchurian candidate, that he worked with Putin to hack the election in order to advance Russian interests, to keep his golden shower tape hidden, to advance a global nationalist conspiracy, to spread propaganda, undermining democracy and the political process while doing so. I wish Trump’s presidency turns out to be false and that his “base” was cheated by a Russian plant. I would find comfort in the realization that this whole time I was just a thick-headed partisan for being blind and not believing any of it. That is something I and everyone else can live with. It means that even despite the thick-headedness of the devout, the country prevailed over evil, the entire system of checks and balances, congress, the justice department, the intelligence community and free press, works.

But if not the whole thing proves itself to be no more than deep-state dinner theatre. It means that power is consolidated in the hands of faceless and unelected bureaucrats who would abuse their powers and weaponize the state apparatus against their political opponents. And the intelligence community, the past administration, the press, the courts, the authorities—the whole political facade governing the last free country on Earth—is a bloody sham.

After how they did Ron Paul (twice), Dennis Kucinich, and every third party candidate ever, what we've been seeing (paragraph 2) is precisely what I'd expect assuming Trump truly is an outsider with good intentions.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: LesMisanthrope

Your premise is precisely why so many of our friends are blind to the reality of the monsters at the core of our power centers. Fear of the label "conspiracy theorist" keeps them in check.

I am grateful that we are living in a time when we have been given a chance to see things for what they are. Call them satanic, call them psychopaths, call them the elite, call them whatever you wish, the world they have been building is a prison and we are right at the edge of the cliff of everyone willing jumping off and crying for their cells.

Thank god for the hacktivists that are in our intelligence communities and outside, for there is a collective effort to expose the dark ones for what they are. All it takes is logic to understand this truth.
edit on America/ChicagoMondayAmerica/Chicago10America/Chicago1031pmMonday5 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   

I want every corrupt SOB and organization to be prosecuted, jailed, and their organizations disbanded.

Probably won't happen but it is a pipe dream of mine.

Unlike many of you. I don't care if they have a D or an R behind their name. If they are dirty and corrupt, I have no sympathy.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:45 PM
link   
You could turn the whole media circus off, come back in 6 months and it will still be
russiatrumpelelctionhackcollusionblahblahblah,

without skipping a beat.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

I want every corrupt SOB and organization to be prosecuted, jailed, and their organizations disbanded.

Probably won't happen but it is a pipe dream of mine.

Unlike many of you. I don't care if they have a D or an R behind their name. If they are dirty and corrupt, I have no sympathy.

⬆⬆THIS!⬆⬆

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It's political theatre, bread and circus for the masses. This kind of corruption has been going on for decades, why is it just now coming to light like this being headline news every day? Because it's part of the distraction agenda they have in place in my opinion, nothing will come of this, at least nothing that will change anything. They're simply giving us our daily dose of drama, leaking things and dragging it out for months at a time while they're doing things in places we're not looking.

I hope I am wrong.
edit on 10/30/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Hold your breath! There are 4 more unsealed indictments coming!

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Any idea when? I dont watch the hypnotube or anything.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Jiggly Wow that was very blunt. So do you have fact of this bold claim? Well no you don't so too bad. I am no H supporter by any stratch of the mind. I think she has done many shady things. I also believe the same for Trump. If this case can bring both of the bad apples down then please do. They are both part of the "swamp", if you fail to see that then I feel bad for ya.

edit on 2/19/2013 by Allaroundyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Why would one thing mean the other???

Trump making a deal with Russia wouldn’t be the Manchuria candidate thing to do..

It would be the cut throat buisness an thing to do..

It is a great deal really...

Trade 2 things no Americans actually care about (sanctions/Ukraine) for dropping the private emails of your opponents entire staff on the eve of the election..

Just close enough so it doesn’t matter if they contain any criminal activity.. the damage will all ready be done.

No super secret Russian Plante or mustache twirling villians required.

Just an amoral and opportunistic businessman.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: JoshuaCox You just gave a description of collusion. Idk if you knew that but ya. Maybe reword your post so you don't say you are ok with collusion. Other wise you may have alot of defending to do. Just trying to look out for ya. Even if I don't share your views

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Mueller has finally laid some charges in the so-called “Russia probe”. The charges, as to be expected, have little if anything to do with Russia,

The Papadopoulos indictment and subsequent guilty plea have everything to do with Russia.

Stop deluding yourself.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Even if Trump caught red-handed colluding with Russia.

It's minuscule compared a 40 year career of corruption.

I still back Trump...No matter if he played butt-darts with Putin.

I back Trump...

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Doubtful and there was no undermining of democracy. It would be funny if there were charges against the Dems though.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

The Papadopoulos indictment and subsequent guilty plea have everything to do with Russia.

Stop deluding yourself.

None of his dealings with "Russia" were criminal. Delusion.

posted on Oct, 30 2017 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: whyamIhere Clinton decided not to use the dossier. Trump may have wanted to use the Kremlin to get into power. Tis a bold butt party move but not very noble oh and against the law. So even if everything turns out to be true both parties are screwed and you would still back a impeached leader of the "free world"? Let me know if I missed something?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join