It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia Conducts Test Launch of Satan 2 Intercontinental Ballistic Missile

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Russia has successfully conducted a test launch of its Satan 2 ballistic intercontinental ballistic missile. The missile is said to be 'capable of carrying 12 nuclear warheads and could wipe out a whole country with a single strike'.

The RS-28 Sarmat missile, dubbed Satan 2 by Nato, has a top speed of 4.3 miles (7km) per second and has been designed to outfox anti-missile shield systems. The missile could deliver warheads of 40 megatons - 2,000 times as powerful as the atom bombs dropped on Hiroshima and Nagasaki in 1945.

Satan 2: Russia Test Fires Ballistic Missile That Could Wipe Out Entire Countries

[...] Three ballistic missiles were also fired from nuclear submarines as part of the drills to test Russia's nuclear arsenal. The Kremlin said President Vladimir Putin took part in the exercise and personally launched four ballistic missiles.

A statement from the defence ministry said they had "carried out an exercise to manage its strategic forces".

It added: "All objectives of the training have been successfully completed," .

RS-28 Sarmat missile, dubbed Satan 2 by Nato

If a Sarmat missile were fired at London it would wipe out most of Britain, as well as northern France, Belgium and the Netherlands

Source for above images - P utin's Greatest Warning To The West Yet

My sincere apologies if this has been posted already, I did a search beforehand and couldn't find anything recent.

What a crazy, crazy world we live in, we have all this potential and yet this is the path we choose.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
a reply to: MerkabaTribeEntity

The Kremlin said President Vladimir Putin took part in the exercise and personally launched four ballistic missiles.

Wonder if he tossed them like a caber ? , it's Vlad after all.

Thanks for the heads up , time to move to Scotland I think.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:23 PM
link   
strange the US is staying mum on this... could it be because its not a smaller, less capable country, i. e. someone their own size..

maybe we should invade Russia and take down putin... where are the 'sanctions'? why do we never invade or go to wars with countries not 1/32nd our size.... odd coincidence.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
strange the US is staying mum on this... could it be because its not a smaller, less capable country, i. e. someone their own size..

maybe we should invade Russia and take down putin... where are the 'sanctions'? why do we never invade or go to wars with countries not 1/32nd our size.... odd coincidence.

Right?

I haven't even heard Trump come up with a funny nickname for Putin on twitter yet..
edit on 27-10-2017 by Jefferton because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   
This to me is even more frightening than NK's posturing.

I am also puzzled as to the silence from the White House. A payload that makes the Hiroshima bombing look like child's play is not sidebar news. That's heavy stuff. Given the back and forth about Russia, collusion, secret deals, etc., this almost sounds like a warning to back off.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:36 PM
link   
They test their new missiles from time to time. It's very routine. Often the tests are done alongside regular military exercises.

I imagine America, Europe, China, India etc. were all informed ahead of time of the test.

Gotta know that they work.

Otherwise they'd look very foolish in a nuclear war. For the 30 minutes they have left anyway.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Chances are that Faslane might be a target.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

Right?

I haven't even heard Trump come up with a funny nickname for Putin on twitter yet..

because he's seen what happens to those who speak against the man, let alone ridicule him.

we should go show 'force' near their borders and see what happens
edit on 27-10-2017 by odzeandennz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   
a reply to: midicon

Oh Nuts !
Head between the knees then.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Subrosabelow

They tested 16 missiles last year. This missile is fairly far along in its development.

As for the warheads, almost all ICBMs are MIRV capable. We decided to limit ours to one or three warheads, but they are capable of carrying 12-15 warheads with the original bus.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
We need to build better relations with the country's that really can set off an apocalypse. If we don't and things get out of hand our world's Will end. Only the tribes in forests will survive and restart humanity. Don't let it happen again

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Why call it satan

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Our Trident II SLBMs carry 8 475kt warheads, but are capable of 12 (limited by the START treaty).

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: Subrosabelow

They tested 16 missiles last year. This missile is fairly far along in its development.

As for the warheads, almost all ICBMs are MIRV capable. We decided to limit ours to one or three warheads, but they are capable of carrying 12-15 warheads with the original bus.

Thanks for that Zaph

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

They didn't, NATO did. It'll do a pretty good impression of hell on earth if it's ever used.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 01:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: antar
Why call it satan

It's not. That's the NATO name.

The Russian name is RS-28 Sarmat

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Ohanka

WOW OMG thats even worse imho. You have probably heard or read me state at some point my first CTer back in the day said watch for the blue helmets... I have ever since and have to say they are satan when they go into countries to help... I think of the terrible things they get away with and am fearful of their intrusion in America.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Crazy anyone wants to pick fights in this era.

Utterly insane actually.

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I live on the very edge of that little red circle.
Not funny :-(

posted on Oct, 27 2017 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Daalder

You should move

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join