It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congress warned North Korean EMP attack would kill '90% of all Americans'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   
A haunting warning from experts on the what they call is a real threat to the US, an EMP from our friends the North Koreans.

Congress was warned Thursday that North Korea is capable of attacking the U.S. today with a nuclear EMP bomb that could indefinitely shut down the electric power grid and kill 90 percent of "all Americans" within a year.

At a House hearing, experts said that North Korea could easily employ the "doomsday scenario" to turn parts of the U.S. to ashes.
www.washingtonexaminer.com...

William R. Graham, chairman of the former EMP commission (that was shut down) has pretty striking insights to the dangers of the N Korean threat. His warning include lots more nuclear weapons than thought just 6 months ago, NK's ICBM were thought to be fake and 6 months ago it was thought that NK could not miniaturize nukes. Also bad marks (again) for the failure of intelligence agencies about H-bombs, number of bombs and so much more. Terrible situation if true.

Just six months ago, most experts thought North Korea's nuclear arsenal was primitive, some academics claiming it had as few as 6 A-Bombs. Now the intelligence community reportedly estimates North Korea has 60 nuclear weapons.

Just six months ago, most experts thought North Korea's ICBMs were fake, or if real could not strike the U.S. mainland. Now the intelligence community reportedly estimates North Korea's ICBMs can strike Denver and Chicago, and perhaps the entire United States.

Just six months ago, most experts thought North Korea was many years away from an H-Bomb. Now it appears North Korea has H-Bombs comparable to sophisticated U.S. two-stage thermonuclear weapons.

Just six months ago, most experts claimed North Korean ICBMs could not miniaturize an A-Bomb or design a reentry vehicle for missile delivery. Now the intelligence community reportedly assesses North Korea has miniaturized nuclear weapons, and has developed reentry vehicles for missile delivery, including by ICBMs that can strike the U.S.

After massive intelligence failures grossly underestimating North Korea's long-range missile capabilities, number of nuclear weapons, warhead miniaturization, and proximity to an H-Bomb, the biggest North Korean threat to the U.S. remains unacknowledged—nuclear EMP attack.

edit on 12-10-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:00 PM
link   
The EMP wouldn't kill everyone, nope not even starvation. First thing you wouldn't see cats around, then wouldnt hear dogs barking. You would hear about all the suicides. And then everyone would start killing each other. Lots of meat, very well marbled meat (lots of toxins thou) and enough left over fat to make biodiesel aplenty.

It'd be mostly suicides probably though really.

+11 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal
While I'm skeptical of that 90% claim (it is pretty much pure speculation), "our" own Jim Oberg's writing was included on the record.

Former NASA rocket scientist James Oberg visited North Korea’s Sohae space launch base, witnessed elaborate measures undertaken to conceal space launch payloads, and concludes in a 2017 article that the EMP threat from North Korea’s satellites should be taken seriously:

...there have been fears expressed that North Korea might use a satellite to carry a small nuclear warhead into orbit and then detonate it over the United States for an EMP strike. These concerns seem extreme and require an astronomical scale of irrationality on the part of the regime. The most frightening aspect, I’ve come to realize, is that exactly such a scale of insanity is now evident in the rest of their ‘space program.” That dooms day scenario, it now seems, has been plausible enough to compel the United States to take active measures to insure that no North Korean satellite, unless thoroughly inspected before launch, be allowed to reach orbit and ever overfly the United States.

docs.house.gov...

edit on 10/12/2017 by Phage because: (no reason given)

+17 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Any congressman who believes that must be by far the stupidest one in the building. Which is really saying something.

EMPs don't work quite the way they do in films.

+14 more 
posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I guess it's a good thing I live in the middle of corn fields.

So the 90% deal is city folk right. You know the ones against the second amendment. Or is it wrong of me to assume that?

But isn't this whole article, story, warning an assumption?

On the other hand, I guess the Amish will be just fine.

link   
a reply to: Phage

Your colleague there, what does he think about our hostile posture against Planet Earth, NASA being a de facto dept. of the Pentagon, and there being no international oversight of our militarization of space activities in light of this notion that other hostile states aren't allowed to have nukes / missiles / a space program / etc.

link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
The EMP wouldn't kill everyone, nope not even starvation. First thing you wouldn't see cats around, then wouldnt hear dogs barking. You would hear about all the suicides. And then everyone would start killing each other. Lots of meat, very well marbled meat (lots of toxins thou) and enough left over fat to make biodiesel aplenty.

Again, are you okay? You're exhibiting nihilistic traits. I'm concerned.

link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

marbled meat.
i love it

i think we would see a lot of people eating people

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Give it 3 days and all in the big cities will be cannibals...lol

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Your colleague there, what does he think about our hostile posture against Planet Earth, NASA being a de facto dept. of the Pentagon, and there being no international oversight of our militarization of space activities in light of this notion that other hostile states aren't allowed to have nukes / missiles / a space program / etc.

I'll take a ranch dressing with that salad, thanks.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: liejunkie01

I would think it would have affect you and all of us in ways that would be (unpleasantly) surprising.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Your colleague there, what does he think about our hostile posture against Planet Earth

What would that be?

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I love all the "experts" voicing their "opinions" in this thread....

I believe that one EMP, would seriously cramp our style, folks. 90% casualties or not.

Not to mention, one EMP gets launched, and that's it kids. WWIII.

Ciao, chiquitos!!!!

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Maybe the prophesised King of the north is in fact Kim. Maybe he has the weapon of indignation.

I hope not. America cannot be allowed to fall. I've always said that if the US falls, we all fall.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   
An EMP would turn almost nothing into ash
Which one is it ? An EMP or nuclear weapons ?
Would I make it in the 10% ?
"I can skin a buck ,and run a trot line.."
"A country boy can survive" - Hank Williams Jr.

edit on 10/12/17 by Gothmog because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Again, are you okay? You're exhibiting nihilistic traits. I'm concerned.

It's hard not to when human nature is whats wrong with the world. It isnt the world that needs saving its us from our own knee jerk nature. And this in my experience is the very last thing anyone is interested in discussing, thinking about, brainstorming how to evolve beyond.

So its hard not to be tempted by nihilism, but to deal with it dark humor is my wonderwall; my champagne supernova; my dragula.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:22 PM
link   
These guys....90%?
That's some fear mongering there.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:23 PM
link   

The 90% figure has been batted around for some time now.. It is based off of a year without electricity and no delivery trucks or rail shipments.. I doubt that the US military would be sitting idle during such a crisis for there will be some things that should still work depending on their distance from the most severe effects of the EMP..

Needless to say a real one or two EMPS placed optimally would be a bad day for all in any first world country..

The aftermath of such an event.... we can only guess what would happen.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

Ever heard of American Imperialism. They'll never say the word in the supposedly 'liberal' MSM, Obama never said it, no POTUS ever has to my knowledge (I keep an eye out for these sorts of things), but hell there's a rich wikipedia page on it, for starters. Hundreds of documentaries touch on it, although most would ever air on TV.

Here you go its pretty comprehensive although not 'complete':
en.wikipedia.org...

In case you though it was a so called 'benevolent empire', well nope:
America's death toll on the world: 27,000,000++
That's from 2007. There's some more entries I could add, that was what I could gather in one evening I think it was, and that's before Obama and Hillary imploded the Middle East.

posted on Oct, 12 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
OK, so in this scenario I'm expected to believe that NK has launched an ICBM and will detonate it ABOVE some area or city?

I'm supposed to believe that after all of this work to develop an intercontinental delivery system that they wouldn't hit ground?

What are we doing the whole time this missile is in flight? Twiddling our thumbs?

No! We'd have already STRUCK NK with our missile boats close off their shore.

Also, the radius of an air detonation, while clearly bigger than a ground strike, wouldn't be a large enough EMP blast to even take out one major city in entirety.

This whole thing is fear mongering coming from our own elected idiots.

THAT worries more than this claim.

edit on 12-10-2017 by Tempter because: Sp

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join