It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jerry Jones: Cowboys will bench any player who 'disrespects' flag

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: CriticalStinker
a reply to: Metallicus

I'm sorry that spoiled rich people offended you, your country and your military.

Damn shame it is.

Why are you sorry? How are you responsible?

I am not asking you to do anything.

Also, over 50% of Americans agree that this is disrespectful behavior.

It isn't just me.

Hopefully if they're all adults they can get over it.

There are real issues and policies voting Americans can put their care and attention to rather than drama faux outrage.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz

originally posted by: ZombieZygote

We finally have an NFL owner who 'gets it' regarding the flag protests. The NFL can fine players for wearing the wrong clothes, celebrating on the field and even hitting someone wrong, but apparently they lack the balls to force players to stand for the Anthem. As employers the NFL has the absolute right to require certain behavior of employees that affects their public facing product.

I know some people say they aren't disrespecting the flag, but they ARE. Regardless of WHY they think they are doing it they ARE doing it and pissing off a lot of people in the process.

Anyway, it is good to see at least one owner has had enough of their childish behavior. If it isn't about disrespecting the flag then why not kneel during the two minute warning or some other time during the game?

Exactly, it IS about disrespecting the flag and the men and women who fought for the U.S.

ARLINGTON, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys owner and general manager Jerry Jones said emphatically his players will stand for the national anthem and not disrespect the flag, and if they do, then the player or players will not play.

"If there's anything that is disrespectful to the flag, then we will not play," Jones said after the Cowboys' 35-31 loss to the Green Bay Packers. "Understand? We will not ... if we are disrespecting the flag, then we will not play. Period."

Source

I typically agree with you, but even if they were intending to "disrespect the flag and what it stands for", which they have repeatedly explained otherwise, the flag stands for the right to display this exact behavior. Whether you agree with it or not. They are hurting nothing but perhaps feelings. Oh well.

It is irrelevant what they intended since they actually are perceived to be disrespecting the Anthem, the Flag and the military. What they should do is apologize for their screw up and say we will promote our cause in an inclusive way that won't affect our employer's public facing product.

They screwed up and people are boycotting and their message is completely lost because they are pissing off half the country. Perception IS reality here and they need to find a better way to bring attention to their agenda.

in what fhucking court of law in this country where you are guilty of perception...

so it doesn't matter what they're doing, what matters is what other people think about it?

what tosser would agree to that system

If twelve jurors perceive you as guilty then you are guilty.

Even if you didn't commit the crime.

edit on 2017/10/8 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

I'm sorry that spoiled rich people offended you, your country and your military.

Damn shame it is.

It isn't just me.

Hopefully if they're all adults they can get over it.

There are real issues and policies voting Americans can put their care and attention to rather than drama faux outrage.

I was hoping the same thing when it came to people opposed to Trump, however, I am still waiting for them to get over it...I guess it is harder than it looks.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:19 PM
link   

Damn shame it is.

It isn't just me.

I wasn't aware that the country was given a survey based on how hard they cried over this inconsequential display of dissatisfaction with the murderous status quo of the United States police state.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Damn shame it is.

I am not the only person it offends and what do YOU need to apologize for?

I wasn't really apologizing. I have faith any adult can get over hearing something they don't like.

That you have faith that any adult can get over hearing something they don't like is not very well founded.
Haven't you been watching for the last 10 months?
There are literally millions of deranged Leftists that can't get over hearing a lot of different sh!t.
Their temper tantrums and hissy fits about something that triggered them are a daily occurrence.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:22 PM
link   

We finally have an NFL owner who 'gets it' regarding the flag protests.

I see that as "we finally have an NFL owner who "puts politics in front of sports during sports" regarding the flag protests".

What a snowflake.

edit on 8-10-2017 by Abysha because: NOT ENOUGH QOUTATIONS RAAAABLE RAAAAABLE RAAAAAAAAAABLE!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:23 PM
link   

For sure.

Both sides want there to be "justice" for opposing views. Both act high and mighty.

And yet here we are, a country full of offended "adults".

Damn shame, I'm young, but "back in my day" people could say things you didn't agree with.

Oh, the good ol'days.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

I see that as "we finally have an NFL owner who "puts politics in front of sports during sports" regarding the flag protests.

What a snowflake.

WHY are they kneeling during the Anthem and not any other time during the game if they aren't trying to disrespect the Flag? If it isn't about the Flag then they should be able to kneel any time...problem solved.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:26 PM
link   

For sure.

Both sides want there to be "justice" for opposing views. Both act high and mighty.

And yet here we are, a country full of offended "adults".

Damn shame, I'm young, but "back in my day" people could say things you didn't agree with.

Oh, the good ol'days.

They can say whatever they want and I am free to boycott them for doing it and everyone is granted their freedom. No one says they aren't free to kneel.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Well, hopefully our president addresses this. Foremost priority is spoiled people must respect the flag.

Healthcare, hemorrhaging money in wars where no government attacked us and debt will come after we get these rich people in line.

Drain the swamp! Extra rules!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:29 PM
link   

I see that as "we finally have an NFL owner who "puts politics in front of sports during sports" regarding the flag protests.

What a snowflake.

WHY are they kneeling during the Anthem and not any other time during the game if they aren't trying to disrespect the Flag? If it isn't about the Flag then they should be able to kneel any time...problem solved.

Why do you think it's about the flag?!

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Well, hopefully our president addresses this. Foremost priority is spoiled people must respect the flag.

Healthcare, hemorrhaging money in wars where no government attacked us and debt will come after we get these rich people in line.

It isn't Trump's fault that Healthcare is screwed up it is Obama's fault with a side or Republican Senators without the balls to fix it after they had the chance.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Lol... holy crap.

What a summary your one post could serve as the epitome of this last year in American conservative politics...

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   

What a snowflake.

Why do you think it's about the flag?!

Because THAT is when they are kneeling...if it wasn't about the Flag they would choose any other time during the game that wouldn't make people annoyed.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Who cares? Since when did we care what celebrities did?

By the way, the players coming out for it is only 2009 thanks to DoD grants for patriotism(nationalism).

For the record, it's poor taste in protest in my opinion. That being said, they're rich and famous playing a sport I don't care about.

Maybe we should focus on the DoD successfully taking over the NFL for wars no one supports. Or not, whats the difference at this point.

Interesting it started about 8 years ago.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Lol... holy crap.

What a summary your one post could serve as the epitome of this last year in American conservative politics...

While I enjoy your enthusiasm, I am in no way directing this in only one direction.

Both sides have really been getting to me.

Both seem so high and mighty, getting their grubby fingers in the last hold outs of society, privacy, and civility.

I have a strong dislike for all fallacy.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Who cares? Since when did we care what celebrities did?

By the way, the players coming out for it is only 2009 thanks to DoD grants for patriotism(nationalism).

For the record, it's poor taste in protest in my opinion. That being said, they're rich and famous playing a sport I don't care about.

Maybe we should focus on the DoD successfully taking over the NFL for wars no one supports. Or not, whats the difference at this point.

Interesting it started about 8 years ago.

Interesting partisan politics keep like minded people divided for the agenda of people far outside their lifestyle.

Interesting these "extreme" opponents further the same agenda.
edit on 8-10-2017 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Lol... holy crap.

While I enjoy your enthusiasm, I am in no way directing this in only one direction.

Both sides have really been getting to me.

Both seem so high and mighty, getting their grubby fingers in the last hold outs of society, privacy, and civility.

I have a strong dislike for all fallacy.

If by "sides", you mean democrat and republican, I agree.

But I was referring to this past year and you quote of "Drain the swamp! Extra rules!" fits perfectly.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

I'm as thrilled with the last year as I have been with the lifetime of presidencies I've lived through.

I want both ideologies to be healthy and succeed in their own ways. We need some healthy citizens humoring all issues as they go and come in context.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: odzeandennz
in what fhucking court of law in this country where you are guilty of perception...

so it doesn't matter what they're doing, what matters is what other people think about it?

what tosser would agree to that system

No court of law. The court of public opinion.

NFL owners, managers, and players are selling a product ( entertainment ). In order to turn a profit, they need the public to purchase tickets and merchandise. If they make their customer base mad to the point of a boycott, they stand to lose money.

They don't have to agree to the system, it's the market at work.

The players are free to express themselves as they see fit, but they are NOT free to choose the consequences.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join