It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brexit - ‘No deal’ planning is well under way, says Minister

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Contingency plans in case the UK has to leave the EU with no deal in place are "well under way", a minister has said. Dominic Raab said while the UK had to "strive for the very best outcome" from Brexit negotiations, it had to "prepare for all eventualities". The Sunday Telegraph claimed there were plans to "unlock" billions of pounds in the new year to prepare for a "no deal" Brexit, if talks make no progress. Six months of Brexit negotiations have not led to a significant breakthrough.

BBC Source

Tbh I saw this coming from the start. Although I hold my hands up and say that we (the UK) have maybe tried for an outcome that was impossible for us to get... I do also think that the EU has acted like a petulant child in these negotiations.

I personally think a clean break will be better in the long run... Yes I am sure there will be hardships along the way but ultimately I voted for Brexit, I don’t particularly want a transitional period (if it can be avoided) and I certainly don’t want to stay in the single market, pay any more money to the EU or be left with a crap deal where we leave the European Union in name only.

I think the negotiations are going to be over very soon

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: fusiondoe

Yes, clean break.

The EU's days are numbered anyways. The UK will get its deal then. Mark my words.

edit on 8-10-2017 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 06:32 PM
link   
They think they can strongarm the UK to scare everyone else into compliance & submission to the oligarchical elites in Brussels.

Not gonna work. A domino effect is coming for the EU, then we'll see how willing they are to "negotiate".

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:06 PM
link   

LMAO

And the problem that the British country has is that a good half of the Tory party wants to go sailing off into the mid-Atlantic with no deal at all...

Who is acting like a petulant child here?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: moebius

LMAO

And the problem that the British country has is that a good half of the Tory party wants to go sailing off into the mid-Atlantic with no deal at all...

Who is acting like a petulant child here?

Ok.. that makes them petulant children how? Forgive me but I don’t understand. Choosing to take no deal over a bad deal is not childish, it’s actually sensible imho

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Sorry, but seriously, are you insane? Do you guys seriously have no idea how catastrophic it will be for the country to have no deal?

It will be Bombardier scale craziness, but on every single good we export.

Do you know what wto rules do to our agricultural sector? They end it. Every farm in the country goes bust.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Honestly the ignorance when it comes to this is outstanding.. There will be serious consequences for a hard brexit..
And I garauntee if the vote was recast.. overwhelming response would be remain this time.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 12:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: fusiondoe
Contingency plans in case the UK has to leave the EU with no deal in place are "well under way", a minister has said. Dominic Raab said while the UK had to "strive for the very best outcome" from Brexit negotiations, it had to "prepare for all eventualities".

OK, so the Government has completely failed to put forward any proposals at all for a Brexit deal; the EU has stated that Britain has no realistic idea what it wants and is not behaving seriously; negotiations stalled weeks ago because there's nothing to discuss; the EU has actually been talking to the UK's Opposition party because it's getting more sense that way...

... but the Government has a secret plan to see us safely through the no-deal "Hard Brexit" that they are creating?

Really?

Right now, I believe more strongly in the Mandela Effect than I do the Government's statements on Brexit. And I don't believe in the Mandela Effect at all.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
OK, so the Government has completely failed to put forward any proposals at all for a Brexit deal;

On the contrary, the UK has put forward a number of proposals across a range of topic areas... These are all publicly available should you care to look... Papers

The problem is we don't actually know whet the EU want. Every UK proposal is dismissed as "not good enough" or "no quite there", but no-one actually knows what the EU want out of this. Oh, we know the EU want to extract a colossal punitive "fine" from the UK, but that's about it.

I think the EU want their cake, and they want to eat it. They may be sad to see the UK leaving, but they are not making an amicable divorce easy. In fact, the evidence is that they are just turning up at the meetings and not negotiating at all.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:04 AM
link   
They just want our money, we don't need Europe.

# them .

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli

# them .

This ^

That’s why they don’t shut up about the divorce bill, the top eu dictators are scared that the gravy train may be coming to an end.

All this fear mongering about the UK’s impending extinction if we take a no deal approach is such rubbish. EU countries such as Germany rely on exporting to us a lot more then we do importing to them.

Also there is a big world outside Europe. Like I said, maybe a few years of hardship but we will be ok in the end. I am sure people forget that once upon a time we wasn’t in the EU and we functioned perfectly fine.

Also

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:32 AM
link   

# them .

This ^

That’s why they don’t shut up about the divorce bill, the top eu dictators are scared that the gravy train may be coming to an end.

All this fear mongering about the UK’s impending extinction if we take a no deal approach is such rubbish. EU countries such as Germany rely on exporting to us a lot more then we do importing to them.

Also there is a big world outside Europe. Like I said, maybe a few years of hardship but we will be ok in the end. I am sure people forget that once upon a time we wasn’t in the EU and we functioned perfectly fine.

Also

Our share of all the EU,S buildings and collateral , should cover it seen as we probably paid more into building all of it anyway.

We don't need Europe one bit .

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:38 AM
link   
The sooner we leave the EU club the better. Now they are trying to interfere in UK politics which will backfire as will their hard bitch approach.

The story continues

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 9-10-2017 by RP2SticksOfDynamite because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:42 AM
link   
What the UK wants is a better deal than the members of the club it just left. Never going to happen. The EU's hands are tied. Britain will get the #iest deal ever. The contingency plan is to wing it and hope the damage is recoverable, Nothing more nothing less.

If you thought these past 9 years have been bad then you aint seen nothing yet. Britain is screwed and it's all down to the idiots who voted to leave.

If anyone acted like the petulant child it was those who voted Leave.

Does anyone really expect the EU to give the UK even one favourable condition that the other members of the EU dont have...Dream on.

Well done, Britain now has zero leverage and no trade deals with anyone, And if you beleive the US is going to bail us out then think again, Donald will take the UK for everything in Americas favour. The rest of the world has nothing we cant produce ourselves.

#ing Idiots.
edit on 9-10-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:51 AM
link   

# them .

Do you have any idea how much the EU bounces back into the UK's economy. All those new built houses and industrial estates that say ''In partnership with the EU' are gone, Farmers subsidies are gone. Free movement withing the EU is gone, Free health care within the EU is gone, and do you really expect the rest of the EU to bend over backwards to pass on information on terrorism to the UK after this.....Jesus wept.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Soloprotocol
What the UK wants is a better deal than the members of the club it just left. Never going to happen. The EU's hands are tied. Britain will get the #iest deal ever. The contingency plan is to wing it and hope the damage is recoverable, Nothing more nothing less.

If you thought these past 9 years have been bad then you aint seen nothing yet. Britain is screwed and it's all down to the idiots who voted to leave.

If anyone acted like the petulant child it was those who voted Leave.

Does anyone really expect the EU to give the UK even one favourable condition that the other members of the EU dont have...Dream on.

Well done, Britain now has zero leverage and no trade deals with anyone, And if you beleive the US is going to bail us out then think again, Donald will take the UK for everything in Americas favour. The rest of the world has nothing we cant produce ourselves.

#ing Idiots.

A typical remoaner reply! We are petulant children because we voted leave, a democratic decision.

Hate to break it to you but the majority of us are educated and have lived in this country for quite some years. We are more then knowledgable enough to have decided leaving was the best option.

I don’t expect to get favourable terms with the EU at all and never did, the EU care for nothing but money any way. Hence why I am quite happy if they go down the route of no deal.

We will survive, we always have. Also I repeat my first point in the OP that the majority of countries such as Germany rely heavily on exporting to us. There will be some form of a deal with or without the EU’s blessing

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:58 AM
link   

# them .

Do you have any idea how much the EU bounces back into the UK's economy. All those new built houses and industrial estates that say ''In partnership with the EU' are gone, Farmers subsidies are gone. Free movement withing the EU is gone, Free health care within the EU is gone, and do you really expect the rest of the EU to bend over backwards to pass on information on terrorism to the UK after this.....Jesus wept.

Just a question, are you a labour or Lib Dem voter? I can just tell you have that ‘give me’ attitude. Do you work for the council? Or on the tube by any chance? I bet your a member of the union.

Yay... No more EU signs on housing estates
Yay... No more free movement thank god
We got by without subsidies many years ago, we will again
Oh dear looks like we will have to pay like the rest of the world does, a small sacrifice in my opinion, you can’t have it all.
Yes they will, because terrorism is often linked to their countries also, terrorism is a worldwide problem and without all intelligence services working together it will never be dealt with

What a terrible disgrace that we will have to pay for things now like the rest of the world.

Next
edit on 9/10/2017 by fusiondoe because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: paraphi

originally posted by: audubon
OK, so the Government has completely failed to put forward any proposals at all for a Brexit deal;

On the contrary, the UK has put forward a number of proposals across a range of topic areas... These are all publicly available should you care to look... Papers

Let's take just one of those, chosen at random, shall we?

"Collaboration on science and Innovation - a future partnership paper" (published 6 September 2017)

Here's the executive summary:

In preparing to leave the EU, one of the UK’s core objectives is to “seek agreement to continue to collaborate with European partners on major science, research, and technology initiatives”. It is the UK’s ambition to build on its unique relationship with the EU to ensure that together we remain at the forefront of collective endeavours to improve the world in which we live. The UK believes this is in the joint interest of the UK and EU, and would welcome discussion on how best to shape our future partnership in this area.

See that bolded bit?

This isn't a proposal. It's not even the beginnings of a proposal. It's a note identifying a subject the Government would like to talk about.

The EU would probably like to talk about it too, but the UK hasn't yet agreed how much it's going to pay to "settle the bill". The EU was adamant from the start that trade negotiations would not take place until the UK's financial settlement was finalised.

Britain hasn't put forward proposals. It hasn't even fulfilled the requirements to start discussing proposals.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   
For clarity, here's a Twitter thread posted this morning by the leader of the "Leave Alliance."

So it looks like one of the most prominent people in the Brexit movement agrees. The Government is screwing this up spectacularly and claiming it's being sabotaged by the EU. Perhaps he knows something you don't, eh.

You know that three-panel cartoon meme where someone falls off their bike because they've put a stick through the spokes of their own front wheel?

Well, that.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:48 AM
link   

# them .

Just a question, are you a labour or Lib Dem voter? I can just tell you have that ‘give me’ attitude. Do you work for the council? Or on the tube by any chance? I bet your a member of the union.

Yay... No more EU signs on housing estates
Yay... No more free movement thank god
We got by without subsidies many years ago, we will again
Oh dear looks like we will have to pay like the rest of the world does, a small sacrifice in my opinion, you can’t have it all.
Yes they will, because terrorism is often linked to their countries also, terrorism is a worldwide problem and without all intelligence services working together it will never be dealt with

What a terrible disgrace that we will have to pay for things now like the rest of the world.

Next

Pay for things like the rest of the world?, We've been paying through the nose for as long as i can remember more than the rest of the world for everything. We have some of the worst pensions in the world and for the 5th richest country in the world it is a #ing disgrace, just have a look at the retirement age for those of us who dont have a nice public sector job.

As for your union question,

Well what have the Unions ever done for us eh..Well apart from the 40 hour week, the health and safety, ppe, the legal age to start work, No kids up chimney's, 5 day week, 5/6 weeks holiday a year, maternity leave with pay, bereavement leave with pay, lunch breaks, protection from discrimination and harrassement in the work place.. etc etc...# all.
edit on 9-10-2017 by Soloprotocol because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join