It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Teenager 'thrown out of school' for sitting during Pledge of Allegiance

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Bone75

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: Deaf Alien
a reply to: Liquesence

There are rituals for many things, and it is a form of protest, if it's willful.

And if nobody cares or knows why then it is really a protest? Which goes all the way back to the original point.

If you yourself care, then yes, otherwise why do it?

Have you never personally protested something but no one knows? Even out of personal principle?

I've been secretly protesting sex ever since I joined this site.

At least that's what I tell myself.

I've heard some say God is most happy when one pleases—er, protests—oneself.

I don't know, but I'm damn near blind now if that helps complete the picture for ya.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:55 PM
link   

edit on 8-10-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: Aww when someone posts right after me and my post will never be seen because it was at the bottom of page frickin' six

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: NarcolepticBuddha

Your edit... I wouldn't want to be under me right now either.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:08 PM
link   
This may be lost in the comments but I was a bit south of Denver , around centennial area! a reply to: lightedhype

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bone75

Your edit... I wouldn't want to be under me right now either.

Lol.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Soooo understand your edit. Wrote a thread about "ninjas" who wait for it, actually.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Abysha

It's enough to make one take up thread necromancy.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:33 PM
link   

It's enough to make one take up thread necromancy.

Don't knock necromancy, babe. But threads? Yeah, knock those all you want.

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Don't you dare infringe on my right to dig up old, forgotten threads and re-animate them. Is there something you're hiding? Something you don't want to be remembered?

Just make sure you kneel or do yoga poses in protest when I find it!

edit on 8-10-2017 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:51 PM
link   

They would have thrown you out for being yourself if it was today?

posted on Oct, 8 2017 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deaf Alien

They would have thrown you out for being yourself if it was today?

Know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em.

A smart kid knows which battles to fight and which ones to sit out. And in skool, a good student knows how to blame others and talk themselves out of trouble.

I don't understand kids today.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 01:42 AM
link   
LOL - the more things change the more things stay the same.

I got thrown out of my homeroom for not saying the Pledge of Allegiance.

I was sent to Bugle Corp which didn't say the pledge as they were busy raising the flag.

My folks weren't please but understood as it had been a dinner conversation (that is was a new thing in the 50s) with my conservative parents and they understood.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 02:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Bone75

Does it work? If so, I'll try it...

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   
a reply to: knowledgehunter0986

High school lately is a joke,part of schooling is learning to respect others,I remember those who acted out in high school,this isn't new,and now years later they became,drop outs drug addicts or criminals,end up with their rad buds in jail,it's learning respect not thinking about yourself

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:27 AM
link   

High school lately is a joke,part of schooling is learning to respect others,I remember those who acted out in high school,this isn't new,and now years later they became,drop outs drug addicts or criminals,end up with their rad buds in jail,it's learning respect not thinking about yourself

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 03:54 AM
link   
"Muh America Freedom"

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:19 AM
link   

This must be absolutely and broadly understood.

A school does not have the right to:

Force its political agenda on a student who does not wish to participate in it

Dictate that only its brand of faux patriotism is acceptable

Refuse an individual an education based on some perceived, but entirely non existent slight to the nation, the flag, the anthem of a country, or the establishment

To shape or influence, without the permission of the student themselves or the greater body thereof, the philosophy of students attending it

A school has the right to insist on minimum standards of behaviour when it comes to interpersonal relations between students, to refuse to accept violent or aggressive behaviour, to refuse to accept behaviour which entirely prevents classes being delivered and information being received by students (such as letting off smoke bombs, or bringing a loudhailer to school and using it to drown out teachers or speakers), behaviour which causes damage to the physical property of the school and other students...

But it does not have the right to insist on something that not even the government has the legal right to force a person into doing. No authority of government, no agency within it, no branch, segment or appendage that exists, certainly within the U.S. government, has permission, either given by the constitution or by any other law, to force a citizen to treat with any special consideration, any pledge, anthem, object, phrase, utterance, any holy book, nor any other facet of a nations propagandist underpinnings.

The U.S. government does have entire offices and think tanks, and offices within its intelligence agencies which are devoted to the sort of propaganda which might suggest otherwise, but with regard to the school involved with this incident, they have overstepped the mark, and their principle, perhaps the entire staff, need to be sent back to school to study the constitution under which they are all living, which specifically guarantees the freedom of will and the liberty necessary to choose for ones self, how one will respond during a pledge or any other expression of patriotism.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:29 AM
link   

Will say though that one issue with "BLM", as righteous as it may proclaim to be, somehow, it's effects, negative effects on youth, are somehow completely a non issue. It's a battle between adults, and the kids are ignored...or the adults are kids and the kids are just.....lol.

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   
I think it was already referenced in this thread but there was a very important supreme court decision in 1943 on this, what is interesting is that it reversed it's own decision only 3 years prior in 1940, which is pretty unique, the case is
" West Virginia State Board of Education v. Barnette"
Court Case

What is interesting is there is a difference of opinion on these three topics:

Idolizing the flag
Respecting the flag
Disrespecting the flag

I think what is important to remember is that groups wouldn't perform what is perceived to be idolatry based on religious grounds but they also respect it in that they would never burn it, trample it, or perform a physical act that purposefully antagonized others. They would respect that others hold that dear and it is important to them.

There was actually case in the 80's where a teacher asked a student to spit on the flag who didn't sing the anthem or stand for it, they refused saying no we respect the flag. They then asked a student that did stand and sing the anthem to spit on the flag, and they did spit on it because they had no critical thinking skills and were scared and did exactly what the teacher said to do. The teacher then told the whole class what happened, praising the person who refused the order out of respect for the flag.

edit on 9-10-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 9 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

To my dying day, she'll remain the best teacher I ever had. She taught us to think, not to parrot.

Isn't it interesting , the teachers lesson that stuck wth us is about self determination, instead of just going along with the 'program'.

Edit: Getting harder to remember that today, we are told what to think instead of being asked to make up our own minds.
edit on 9-10-2017 by intrptr because: Edit:

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join