It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The gun confiscation redux: law makers caught on hot mic.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Do you even hear yourself type?

*click,click,click,click,fart,click,click.....

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

I feel like thats one of the key goals along with simulating and preparing our nations police for civillian combat in that event.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

I heard that.

link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

I heard that.

At least you didn't need to smell it!

link   
dp.

Why does this keep happening.
edit on 6-10-2017 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

You really couldn't sound any more ignorant here...I think its time to back away from the keyboard lol.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

You really couldn't sound any more ignorant here...I think its time to back away from the keyboard lol.

I think its time you lot considered if your constitutionally gauranteed penis enlargements are really worth so many deaths each year?

"My wife and daughter just died at a music concert....well at least I have my shiny AR-15".

Its pathetic.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:07 PM
link   

That was a very ignorant statement.

I had typed more, but backspaced it out. No need to be insulting.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf

Does anyone else think that giving a whole load of military grade weapons to the same people who voted for George Bush (twice!) and Trump are probably not the best idea?

Its a bit like letting a wife beater work in a women's refuge.

Sorry but I have to be honest and stand by my convictions on this one.

You lot having carte blanche to own pretty much any killing tool you want with very little in the way of restoration or regulation is dumber than two planks of woods.

Your whole concept of a second amendment is broken, the founding fathers would be rolling in their graves to see the horrible situation your obsession with these tools of death has caused. Over 600 kids killed or injured last year thanks to guns, 600, thats mental! All because the you guys have this irrational fear that the redcoats are going to turn up and ensalve you all or your government is going to turn against you all.

If there were not so many people dying form it, it would be hilarious!

What military grade weapons made it into the hands of Citizens?

I have popped off an M107.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jefferton

If they wanted to take your guns why did they not do it after Sandy Hook???

Shhhh. That *logic* has no place in an irrational conversation.

Yeah..... "Logic" indeed.

Second.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:09 PM
link   

The AR-15 is not military grade.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: caterpillage

Assuming this came to pass, I think it would depend how the order came down. If it's a buyback type of program, there's not much to do with it.

If it's a "go door to door and search/confiscate" I think there'd be a ton of blowback. I'm sure there are guys that would be willing to do it, but I think there's a lot more that wouldn't be willing to do it. Not even touching on the Constitutional rights portion, that would basically be a situation where you're expecting a lethal force encounter every time. Yes, there's the mentality of "be ready for anything" but that's not what I mean. Going door to door to collect guns from people, many of whom at least claim to be willing to die to protect that right, I think you're going to need a good supply of body bags.

link   

How come the most strict gun law areas have the worst crime rates?

Anti 2nd amendment people keep talking about logic logic logic and none of your arguments have any solutions based on any data or facts except that guns can kill people.

Logic tells me that criminals don't wanna go through background checks. I also see a mental health issue in this country.

I'm willing to fully compromise on this issue but I'm not sacrificing my rights to an emotional opportunist liberal agenda.

link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The AR-15 is not military grade.

Never said it was....

but ok.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: RickyD

I think its time you lot considered if your constitutionally gauranteed penis enlargements are really worth so many deaths each year?

"My wife and daughter just died at a music concert....well at least I have my shiny AR-15".

Its pathetic.

Your insane hyperboles are noted.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   

You're the one talking about military grade weapons, but the one you cite is the AR-15.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

How come the most strict gun law areas have the worst crime rates?

With our without gun laws that won't change.

Whats funny is when people say point out Chicago as a example, strict gun laws high gun crime, as if that somehow means we shouldn't have gun laws.

Its like saying a area has a high rate of narcotic related deaths so we just shouldn't have drugs laws.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Chicago is mentioned as a counter argument because you're basically disarming people who have no intention to kill people but to defend themselves.

Also Chicago politicians have failed their people and I wouldnt wait on law enforcement to arrive if I was in a bad situation especially in Chicago.

posted on Oct, 6 2017 @ 12:21 PM
link   
You are no doubt aware that most people who make the argument for strict gun control (gun confiscation/bans) are also all in favor of drug legalization/ending the "war on drugs"?

Right?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join