It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Raiders (NFL) Threw Game For Political Reasons !!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Throes

Thank Trump for that, he's the one who put politics front and center in sports.

Lol, Kaep and the media storm brought it. Its been polarized ever since.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

D'oh! Yes, indeed they did. Shame on me for not recognizing the oh-so-obvious... and thanks for the cyber-smack upside the head!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

But who kicked it into high gear? It was almost an afterthought until Trump said something, now the lemmings have jumped over the cliff with it.
edit on 9/30/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
D'oh! Yes, indeed they did. Shame on me for not recognizing the oh-so-obvious... and thanks for the cyber-smack upside the head!

No worries, distracting people with banality is how it's supposed to work because it works.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:11 AM
link   

But who kicked it into high gear? It was almost an afterthought until Trump said something, now the lemmings have jumped over the cliff with it.

I have to ask, how much do you follow sports?

If not, you shouldn't really speak like you do. It's been the forefront of the NFL season even before Trump. Patriots pointed out who was kneeling through their speaker system week 1 vs KC. There were furries of tweets and articles every game..

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Having played football from 8 years old, all the way up through a few years in college, I find this hard to believe.

Individual players I have known over the years have despised one another off the field, but when on it, would do anything to back their teammate.

That said, the political climate is unlike anything I have seen in my 41 years on this planet.....so who knows. So, it would surprise me if true, but not that much.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Lemmings are involved alright - but they are the ones seen on their knees.

link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist
Having played football from 8 years old, all the way up through a few years in college, I find this hard to believe.

Individual players I have known over the years have despised one another off the field, but when on it, would do anything to back their teammate.

That said, the political climate is unlike anything I have seen in my 41 years on this planet.....so who knows. So, it would surprise me if true, but not that much.

A backup lineman entered the game and whiffed blocks all over the field. Go read the game summary. If you know the NFL you know the drop off of talent from starters to backups is significant. It's why Kaep will never find a job asking for starter money. He isn't worth it.

link   
I seriously doubt there is anything to this "claim". In the NFL performance = dollars. You're going to sabotage your future income for a political point? Not to mention the disdain from teammates both black and white? Hardly.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

A backup lineman entered the game and whiffed blocks all over the field. Go read the game summary. If you know the NFL you know the drop off of talent from starters to backups is significant. It's why Kaep will never find a job asking for starter money. He isn't worth it.

If it was a back up lineman getting beat, that isn't surprising. The o-line is meant to function as one cohesive unit. If someone misses assignments or is a step slow, the whole thing could get ugly quick.

See Big Ben getting the crap beat out of him early in his career.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Regardless of throwing game charges,a serious thing to fans here,it will be interesting to see what happens on game day tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Throes

If it was a back up lineman getting beat, that isn't surprising. The o-line is meant to function as one cohesive unit. If someone misses assignments or is a step slow, the whole thing could get ugly quick.

See Big Ben getting the crap beat out of him early in his career.

Exactly. The Eagles have a problem at left gaurd this year. The o line is only as strong as it's weakest link.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthulhuMythos
That was thoughtless and unkind, not what I would expect from the ATS community.

It was being a little snarky... Seems offending someone is easy these days...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

Oh right.. The flurf doinked the nargle post.

Slardle flurfs...

You see excellent example of a post I would not get involved in...hehe all so I do not want to talk about small animals screwing nargles..

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

It's frightening how many black supremacists have came out of the woodwork since Obama got elected.

You can look back through the last 40 years of black media and see that the black supremacy has always been very prevalent and in your face but the amount of every day black folks that have bought into black supremacy is frightening.

edit on 30-9-2017 by DrStevenBrule because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
Regardless of throwing game charges,a serious thing to fans here,it will be interesting to see what happens on game day tomorrow.

We won't see it. The networks aren't going to show the anthem pregame from what I understand.
Then you'll only get reports from the stadium. I doubt anyone mentioned the huge USA chant after the anthem in Philly..
edit on 30-9-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:42 AM
link   

So when did it become a 24/7 headline? Are you saying that Trump's comments didn't start the media firestorm it has become?
edit on 9/30/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:43 AM
link   
They have center stage and owners are not touching this at all. It will be interesting in how many watch tomorrow. I betting the numbers will be down a little more from last weeks decline, but then people might just watch to see what will happen...hehe all like a soap opera.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The games will become nothing but mafia-gangland-racial-thuggery now....you will be with us or we will be against you, and you will pay the price. A few sacks this game, a few more next. Take a knee or take a hit.

It's over, imo. With the constant disrespect by players of the referees, disrespect for the country, political grandstanding, and now payback for not taking a knee with the rest of the mob, it is doomed. Sickening.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:47 AM
link   

So when did it become a 24/7 headline? Are you saying that Trump's comments didn't start the media firestorm it has become?

His comments enhanced it, sure, but it wasn't fading or fizzling. It was still a strong story every week. Pretty much the most talked about topic in the media all year long since Preseason Week 1 in the NFL..
edit on 30-9-2017 by Throes because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join