It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Raiders (NFL) Threw Game For Political Reasons !!!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

...and there you have it.

Sounds like you've already made up your mind. Forget the fact that a backup caused 3 out of the 4 sacks and the fact that 4 sack games are pretty common, we have to look for any and every reason possible to feel like our side is being attacked or treated unfairly.

This is just dumb and reeks of confirmation bias.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Does anyone remember when Kerry Collins used a racial slur against one of his offensive linemen?

Shortly afterwards, the line tended to crumble, letting Collins get sacked.... resulting in a broken jaw for him. He apologized to the team soon afterwards.
I think he was playing for the Carolina Panthers at rhe time.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Relax bruh, Jesus.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The only thing worse than politics and sports is mixing them together.

But thats how they sucker you into hearing politics.

This message has been brought to you by our sponsor, the US gubment.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: sputniksteve

I am, I just find it ridiculous that everything is politicized these days.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

The Raiders haven't been real men since Tom Madden was da coach.

RIP Tom Madden

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Politics have been in sports from the first day they started singing the national anthem at games.

And for people who don't get sports, wether you like it or not it's a multi billion dollar industry highly ingrained in our human social culture. Sports represent a lot about culture and humanity in general so you can't discount it because it's not your thing. Also, when that much money is involved you can't discount its influence on almost everything we do. people want their entertainment to exist in a vacuum and with anything humans do, it ain't gonna happen.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Didn't he play in Tommy Boy and Black Sheep with David Spade? He was a funny guy.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61

originally posted by: pheonix358
What the hell is a sack?

P

When the team on defense manages to tackle the quarterback before he is able to make a pass.
Maybe some Raiders fans can give their opinions on how their team played that day?

Weird. From the OP I was under the assumption he got fired. Strange terminology.

to 'get the sack' usually means someone was terminated.

"How's work, bob?"
"Ehh, I got the sack."
"Oh dude, I told you drinking half a bottle of vodka before work was a bad idea..."

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What the hell is a sack?

P

If you need to ask you are in the wrong post...

Oh right.. The flurf doinked the nargle post.

Slardle flurfs...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:39 AM
link   
How do we know it was about the whole anthem thing? Maybe they just threw the game because they feel bad that the owner turned them into a bunch of carpetbagging money grubbers by agreeing to move to Vegas and abandoning their fans.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

RIP Tom Madden

HA. I just woke up and that was teh best!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

Getting sacked/the sack is British slang, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Getting sacked/the sack is British slang, isn't it?

Could be. Can anyone really understand them?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: SR1TX

How old are you that you are still watching this as an adult?

I never saw the game, just listened to that youtube show I posted, sounds like for at least half the game the Raiders were not playing at there fullest abilities, that much is clear.

It's a bit of a conspiracy if it is being claimed they threw the game out of pure spite, your a bit of an ATS Newb and that's the type of thing we post here at ATS.
edit on 30-9-2017 by Blue_Jay33 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: Xtrozero

What the hell is a sack?

P

If you need to ask you are in the wrong post...

Oh right.. The flurf doinked the nargle post.

Slardle flurfs...

The Greemley was in it's 5th quarter, so crayons get the skin.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

I never saw the game, just listened to that youtube show I posted, sounds like for at least half the game the Raiders were not playing at there fullest abilities, that much is clear.

It's a bit of a conspiracy if it is being claimed they threw the game out of pure spite, your a bit of ATS Newb and that's the type of thing we post here at ATS.

Speaking of "newbs" since when is watching a video on Youtube considered a reasonable replacement for actually observing the topic you're posting about?

Empty accusations with zero basis in fact do not rise to the level of "conspiracies" that we used to investigate on ATS.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheScale
a reply to: UKTruth

fine by me at this point. they havent been playing football for years now. easy way to find out though is watch the next few games and see what happens. if he keeps getting sacked and u see blatant holes open up or people just flopping to the ground on the defense then yeah probly are. personally i could care less, they are men and they will handle it

Oh, I see what you're doing. You're trying to trick me into getting back to watching NFL games. Do you know this boycott includes a case of withdrawal symptoms? Just one excuse and I'm going to fall off the wagon. Good thing I'm not a Raiders fan.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   
That is a lot of sacks.
In other words he got tea bagged.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

It's a bit of a conspiracy if it is being claimed they threw the game out of pure spite, your a bit of ATS Newb and that's the type of thing we post here at ATS.

Speaking of "newbs" since when is watching a video on Youtube considered a reasonable replacement for actually observing the topic you're posting about?

Empty accusations with zero basis in fact do not rise to the level of "conspiracies" that we used to investigate on ATS.

Your know where there is smoke there is usually a fire, this quote reflects the overall sentiments of the Oakland team that day.

“He wants to stand alone, he can stand alone on the field,” one of the teams offensive lineman said, according to the shows source.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join