It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Raiders (NFL) Threw Game For Political Reasons !!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I could care less about football and more importantly the industry...these guys get paid way too much money when 1st responders such as EMT's are licky to break 50,000.00 a year.

Talk about the misdirection of priorities.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

originally posted by: Gryphon66

originally posted by: Blue_Jay33

originally posted by: SR1TX

How old are you that you are still watching this as an adult?

I never saw the game, just listened to that youtube show I posted, sounds like for at least half the game the Raiders were not playing at there fullest abilities, that much is clear.

It's a bit of a conspiracy if it is being claimed they threw the game out of pure spite, your a bit of ATS Newb and that's the type of thing we post here at ATS.

Speaking of "newbs" since when is watching a video on Youtube considered a reasonable replacement for actually observing the topic you're posting about?

Empty accusations with zero basis in fact do not rise to the level of "conspiracies" that we used to investigate on ATS.

Your know where there is smoke there is usually a fire, this quote reflects the overall sentiments of the Oakland team that day.

“He wants to stand alone, he can stand alone on the field,” one of the teams offensive lineman said, according to the shows source.

Platitudes?

Sure, why not.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   
The NFL needs owners with balls, fire the SOBs, it is against the NFL's own rules to not stand for the anthem.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Here is one Raiders fan take on it

It came from us having a bad game. There had to be some other explanation other than we were out-played, out-schemed, out-coached, and did not adjust. We are a superbowl contender......

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:39 AM
link   
a reply to: TinfoilTP

The owners have gigantic balls, they get citizen fools to build them billion dollar facilities while they sit on their own billions and will uproot franchises, leaving fans high and dry, when they don't get what they want.

That is the real conspiracy, not this whole manufactured anthem back and forth.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The owners have gigantic balls, they get citizen fools to build them billion dollar facilities while they sit on their own billions and will uproot franchises, leaving fans high and dry, when they don't get what they want.

That is another angle, the owners shatting on the public yet again.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinfoilTP
That is another angle, the owners shatting on the public yet again.

This is a business and they will do whatever they want to make as much money as they want. Standing. Kneeling. Moving. Kicking you in the nuts.

The NFL doesn't care about you, never did and never will, not in the least.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
It pains me because I have not watched a single game of my beloved Dallas Cowboys or any other team. My own protest.
If anyone is capable of this it is the Raiders. They are the gang banger team from O town and if you see a homie in the hood with a Raiders hat, he's going to have miles of attitude. First hand knowledge!
If the line did this, they should all be smashed in the groin with a bat and fired. Give them every penny of their retirement too, because they will blow through it and be broke as hell in 2 or 3 years.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

originally posted by: TDawg61

originally posted by: pheonix358
What the hell is a sack?

P

When the team on defense manages to tackle the quarterback before he is able to make a pass.
Maybe some Raiders fans can give their opinions on how their team played that day?

Weird. From the OP I was under the assumption he got fired. Strange terminology.

to 'get the sack' usually means someone was terminated.

"How's work, bob?"
"Ehh, I got the sack."
"Oh dude, I told you drinking half a bottle of vodka before work was a bad idea..."

I realize our European friends here may not be familiar with American football terminology just as I would be lost in a soccer or cricket conversation.
And we also use"sack"As a job firing,lol.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Considering that the Raiders just invested a hell of a lot of money in Derek Carr, their QB, if this were true, which I seriously doubt, the Raiders owners would be taking appropriate actions to protect their investment.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TexasTruth

If anyone is capable of this it is the Raiders. They are the gang banger team from O town and if you see a homie in the hood with a Raiders hat, he's going to have miles of attitude. First hand knowledge!

Are you aware the fans don't actually play on the field and only one of the players is from Oakland?

edit on 30-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Truth. And even that's just the tip of the NFL iceberg and their game...

I logged in just to star your comment -- and to quote it. This bears repeating.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
Truth. And even that's just the tip of the NFL iceberg and their game...

I logged in just to star your comment -- and to quote it. This bears repeating.

The fans are distracted and running around yelling 'muh football!' and meanwhile they get hosed on a daily basis by a multi-billion dollar business that couldn't care less about them.

edit on 30-9-2017 by AugustusMasonicus because: I ♥ cheese pizza.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   

A new report from The Armstrong and Getty Radio Show has sent shock waves throughout the sports world after it was claimed that members of the NFL’s Oakland Raiders may have purposefully allowed their star quarterback to get sacked multiple times after he refused to kneel during the National Anthem.

That's quite an accusation to make... especially with absolutely no proof. Even including the alleged comment from the unnamed team member that he could "stand alone on the field" too. If someone heard a player say that, then name and shame that player. If the one making such a claim didn't hear it personally, then it's hearsay.

Seems to me that those players have a darn good case for defamation of character, slander (verbal) and libel (written). The players don't have to prove the charges false... it's up to the accusers to prove the charges true. And if they could have, they would have.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'm not a football fan, and I've never understood the football fan mindset (including my husband's!), and this is all rather bemusing to me. I do not understand the outrage over members kneeling, but crickets over the use of taxpayer funds for their stadiums, political displays, and the NFL's former non-profit status, and on and on and on...

It's symbolism (a silent kneeling protest) over substance (real government propaganda and crony capitalism at the taxpayer's expense).

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Fascist.

But I see you're parroting what Trump said pretty well. Is that intentional?
edit on 9/30/2017 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

The Romans (and others) mastered this a long time ago. Bread and circuses.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
a reply to: Throes

But but muh politics in sports! They threw da game for politics! It's obvious, you just don't wanna see it! You're so ignorant!

I hate politics in sports, though. It was a place to escape and unify everyone from different walks of life to entertain.

Now it's a s show.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
This just shows how much a team these people really are. The vast majority are in it for the fortune.

The NATIONAL football league should be required to show respect for the NATIONAL anthem.

NASCAR gets it...

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 10:51 AM
link   
a reply to: Throes

Thank Trump for that, he's the one who put politics front and center in sports.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join