It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Callous Congress Forgot To Renew CHIP - 9 Million Children Could Lose Healthcare.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Why would the minority bring it up for a vote?

Lol this is hilarious watching Republicans trying to govern without a democrat to blame.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy
Look it up yourself.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
Look it up yourself.

You made the claim.

Back it up.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:37 AM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Why would the minority bring it up for a vote? Lol this is hilarious watching Republicans trying to govern without a democrat to blame.

i can't believe you just asked that. it's their job to have the best interest of their constituents come first.to let political infighting over a issue that's been going on for years, take place over other programs that have been established and benefits said constituents lapse because they don't want to let the issue die, is repugnant and they are not looking out for them. just how they look.

edit on 30-9-2017 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

So how is that suppose to work. The minority can introduce a vote all on their own, force the speaker of house and the majority to vote, that's how it works? Because the Republicans forgot? LOL!

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hounddoghowlie

Why would the minority bring it up for a vote? Lol this is hilarious watching Republicans trying to govern without a democrat to blame.

i can't believe you just asked that. it's their job to have the best interest of their constituents come first.to let political infighting over a issue that's been going on for years, take place over other programs that have been established and benefits said constituents lapse because they don't want to let the issue die, is repugnant and they are not looking out for them. just how they look.

Some people want this to be about party vs party, ideology vs idealogy. They don;t actually care about childrens health or anything else, only the opportunity to blame... must think that the govt is run by Kings and Queens and not elected officials.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

As a Mason I am willing to step in and help fill the void left by our inept Congress. Any of you parents why want your children chipped, just send me a PM.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Would it matter and sway your heart?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:51 AM
link   

been a long time sense i've studied congressional procedure, but if i recall correctly the committees that are in charge of spending have both dems and repubs on them. they are suppose to review expenditures and call for a vote then bring it to the floor.

ETA: hence if both parties missed the expenditures or forgot to vote the blame falls to both.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Would it matter and sway your heart?

It might validate any claim you made.

But if you desire just to make things up to be partisan, then please continue.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

i know they do, sometimes i think that common sense has just flown out the window.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Makes one wonder how they "forgot" if they were doing their jobs. The minority party can't introduce a bill for vote under the Hastert rule.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
If any politician of any party actually gave a damn, then it's as easy as calling a press conference.

But not a single word.

I mean, it'd be a great coup against republicans if a democrat did it.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   

but it's not the minorities that would be calling for the vote on the floor it 's the committees, which have both.

plus the budget is voted on every year, all spending is suppose to be on that budget. if not then someone is hiding it.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   

The majority party appoints who heads the committees and makes the decision what bills go to speaker.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:23 AM
link   
it's pretty sick when you consider the fact just how much time congress has spent talking about their "great" healthcare plans, which, if passed would have removed how many people from insurance??
you really think that they cared about how many kids would lose out from chips being dropped?
no, they just care about how much money they can sponge out of the spending side of the budget to help offset those great tax breaks that most of us won't see any advantage from, especially if you consider all the costly side effects people will be seeing from their sponging!

ya know, I've been the one on here year after year saying just how unconstitutional it is for our gov't to pick and choose who deserves to get the gov't help and who can be left out in the cold, and chips is a great example of this...
how if they can't help everyone then they should just pull the money out of our economy...
but, that money is like heroine now to our economy, every segment just about is dependent on our gov't's handouts..
if you start recklessly pulling money out of any part of it, be it chips, or food stamps, or obamacare, or whatever...
well, have you ever seen a heroine addict going cold turkey???
dc cowboy is right, no one is gonna turn away a sick child, regardless of weather or not they have an insurance card.
that doesn't mean that the care providers necessarily can cover the cost of every sick child who loses their insurance though does it? so, parents who can't pay bills go bankrupt, not only on the medical bills, but all bills, houses go back to the banks, ect.. and they also cut their spending down to the bare minimum. doctors and hospitals can't cover their costs, pay their bills, same thing happens.. people are laid off, can't pay their bills, cut their spending down to the bare minimum, might go bankrupt, more loses to the bank. and the addict's spasm continues outward throughout the entire economy!!!

it took us decades to get to this point, it's not gonna be solved with a one or two laws that are passed just to save some money so the richest can have their massive tax cuts!!!

link   

if the program was thrown out/ ignored, forgotten or what have you by a repub after a dem brought it up, your can bet your a@@ that a dem would have said something. after all it's for the children and that would play in their favor.

link   

a reply to: butcherguy

So where is the perfect Republican plan?

Obamacare saved a lot of lives with early detection of cancer. And more children than ever could see a doctor in an office instead of ER.

I would like to see a perfect plan period.
We know that can't happen.

But you have to admit that Obamacare left poor defenseless children without healthcare.

That would be a major flaw in my opinion.

Democrats didn't care about the poor, or they would have made sure that the poor were covered.
Remember, they had nothing standing in their way when Obamacare was passed.
They passed a law that benefited the health insurance companies.... not the poor.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   

plus it's a not like they weren't told.

from the OP,

Minnesota Human Services Commissioner Emily Piper warned her congressional delegation on Sept. 13 that the state’s $115-million allotment for CHIP would run out this weekend, throwing healthcare for low-income children, infants and pregnant women into chaos. The only way to save their care, even temporarily, would be through an intricate series of funding shifts it took Piper two densely worded paragraphs to explain.

twice,

To avoid the chaos, the Medicaid and CHIP Payment and Access Commission (MACPAC), a nonpartisan congressional advisory body, recommended in January that CHIP be extended by five years to 2022, the better to inoculate the program from “heightened … uncertainty about the stability of the exchange market” and proposals to “change the structure and financing of the Medicaid program.” MACPAC also recommended extending the 23-point funding bump to 2022 and eliminating a six-month waiting period imposed on children who lose employer-sponsored insurance.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:32 AM
link   

I hear that today's Yom Kippur preparations got in the way. A weak excuse.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join