It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feedback from NFL fans on facebook, etc..

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+4 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll
a reply to: butcherguy

Trump is taking this personally. That's the only reason he's involved himself.

Yes he is. SO ARE WE!

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   
a reply to: nwtrucker

Awestruck?

I am not awestruck at what is going on with the NFL. I am awestruck that they decided to protest during the National Anthem. They wanted Trump to get involved, because ultimately that is what the protest was really about.
Trump keeps winning though. I think they wished they had made a better plan about when to protest. Why don't they just take a knee at the end of the game? That would have been better received by the fans and would have helped them better achieve their goal.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   

And?
You said it was a non issue before Trump became involved.
It was an issue a year ago.... to the tune of decreases in viewership of approximately 25% for some games.
Trump made an observation on a problem that is getting worse.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Dudemo5
You mean conservative old men are pissed off about something?

I can't believe it. That's outrageous.

Sarcasm acknowledged.

Just a whole bunch more of them than before.....

+15 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

This was a non-issue until Pwesident Tweet turned it into one.

He's given the Russians an "assist" with turning us against each other.

False.

Myself and many others were already boycotting the NFL.

No. It's true. That's not surprising about you. Not sure about the "many others".

I think the issue didn't become important to you until it became more of an anti-Trump message. The disrespecting of the flag was a big deal to conservatives before Trump became involved.

I suppose it is all about individual priorities.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's a mad world.

People these days if they can't find something to gripe about, will just make it up.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Who. The hell. Cares.?

Damn straight ill still be watching my team on Sunday's. I mean for christ's sake, to the 'boycotters', talk about 'triggered' much???

Letting some non issue bs effect a pleasant hobby in your own personal life because you are buying into manufactured hype from the same MSM you 'ignore.' More power to you i suppose. I honestly hope you all make an impact in ratings or whatever. I do.

I just personally find it silly. We even have had multiple soldiers and vets post right here on ATS, that they could care less, and support plus fought for just these rights to actions such as this 'protest.' And yet, a bunch of civillians are still crapping their pants over the whole ordeal because the nationalist propoganda indoctrination runs that deep among some and 'respect.' Even though this entire site used to # on the corrupt government daily.

Ignore my rant.
Regardless,

I swear this entire administration and the associated designed social outrage is like watching the worlds biggest psyop experiment play out so well it is exceeding all expectations.
edit on 29-9-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype
Who. The hell. Cares.?

Damn straight ill still be watching my team on Sunday's. I mean for christ's sake, to the 'boycotters', talk about 'triggered' much???

Letting some non issue bs effect a pleasant hobby in your own personal life because you are buying into manufactured hype from the same MSM you 'ignore.' More power to you i suppose. I honestly hope you all make an impact in ratings or whatever. I do.

Regardless,

I swear this entire administration and the associated designed social outrage is like watching the worlds biggest psyop experiment play out so well it is exceeding all expectations.

I would reverse your claim. I suggest it's you and your ilk that have been bought the psyop of being placid into a mellow apathy.

As far as watching your game and supporting your team, I completely understand and do NOT hold that against you, whatsoever. That's your call and choice. Please allow us the same.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:11 PM
link   

So what was your position every time Obama weighed in on something like the cause of Beer Summit where the police "acted stupidly" and other events like it?

Was he or was he not taking it personally too?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:19 PM
link   
OK now, everybody nibble at the carrot dangling before you

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So what was your position every time Obama weighed in on something like the cause of Beer Summit where the police "acted stupidly" and other events like it?

Was he or was he not taking it personally too?

Yeah. Because Obama was an attention seeking bigot trying to start a race war.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:23 PM
link   

I can respect that as well. You get to make your own calls as do i.

Sigh. That is the beauty of this psyop though isnt it? That I am considered part of an ilk and so could you. The fact that there appears to be 'two sides.' That is the underlying goal of the psyop come to fruition. And this is why the common citizen will never gain anything against those in control.

It is beautiful really. They are testing every type of manipulation imaginable for effectiveness, logging exactly which type of propoganda works on whom, only it is more terrifying because now the entire country is taking part in the study for the most part. And social media has now made obtaining the results on nearly everybody fully attainable like never before.

It provides distraction for the masses while laying the groundwork for tptb endgame all at the same time. Beautifully effective and sad at the same time that is.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: lightedhype

I can respect that as well. You get to make your own calls as do i.

Sigh. That is the beauty of this psyop though isnt it? That I am considered part of an ilk and so could you. The fact that there appears to be 'two sides.' That is the underlying goal of the psyop come to fruition. And this is why the common citizen will never gain anything against those in control.

It is beautifully sad really.

I get you. I really don't think this is where that pysop is being applied. I see that 'op' as the degradation of our original culture, morays and institutions. All under the guise of 'progress'. I see this as unexpected and unpredicted pushback. None of which was likely to occur in any organized way without the catalyst and conduit that Trump represents.

I see the pysop in our education system. Bottom on up through our legal profession, our political science crowd, our communications courses.

We went from taking a knee to Michael Bennett pumping a black panther fist in the air after a tackle during the last game.

The slippery slope is steep these days. The pushback will match it.

No. It won't be beautiful either.
edit on 29-9-2017 by nwtrucker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: 3daysgone

The idea is resistance of the people who aren't the same faction.
THE MOST important thing to traditional America is our flag .
LOW HANGING fruit for the world's most SHALLOW people.
edit on 29-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Fair enough argument. In my opinion, with Trump they have simply found a way to get the 'alt' and majority of the conspiracy minded crowd on board without them even realizing it.

On board with the government again I mean. Supporting the corruption by extension again.

I wont say onboard with "the degradation of our original culture, morays and institutions" because i can see and admit there are simply different opinions and schools of thought naturally regarding those matters.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
My thoughts

Sports should not be political. Consider the Olympics where countries with differing politics and governments get together regardless their politics. Why do we have to put politics in sports here?

It is my understanding that the protest is about police targeting African American citizens. So go to police departments and take a knee there.

For myself, I only watch my local team when they are doing good. I don't need the let down of losing let alone protests about something the team has nothing to do with.

There is a time and place and when all come together to root for a team outside politics. No one cares. There is a reason Kaepernick was not rehired.

While I understand the reasons for these wars are mostly false flags, the men who fought and died did not know. They deserve our respect.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: 3daysgone

The idea is resistance of the people who aren't the same faction.
THE MOST important thing to traditional America is our flag .
LOW HANGING fruit for the world's most SHALLOW people.

It is not the Flag, at least in my opinion, it is what it stands for, and that is not low hanging fruit at all.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: ADSE255
a reply to: Bluntone22

It's a mad world.

People these days if they can't find something to gripe about, will just make it up.

Pretty much what started the whole thing...

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Like I said before, Fans goes to stadiums to watch their favorite teams entertaining them, no to hear complains or protest on the nations anthem base on politics

To watch a game is to forget about all those things and enjoy the moment.

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Liberals can’t help but politicize everything...

Communists seek to control every aspect of life...that’s the irony of their protestations...they hate our freedom loving constitution unless it suits their narrative...if any situation is contrary to a progressive ideal then trot out that the Founders were slave owners blah blah

-Chris

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join