It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Horse meat for dinner if U.S. House gets its way

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
I've tried it, the Dutch eat it, and my wifes family is Dutch, they eat a sandwich meat that I know how to pronounce but not spell. It's quite good.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:38 PM
link   
the house also let the "CHIP" program expire on sept. 30th....it helped feed 9 million children from the poorest families in the U.S......but hey, trump, republicans in congress, and the wealthy need their tax breaks, so screw those children, they need to go find a job.
edit on 2-10-2017 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 02:44 PM
link   
also.....93,000,000 dollars cut from the FDA for food safety inspectors.....nothing like trimming the "fat" out of the budget, right?

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx
the house also let the "CHIP" program expire on sept. 30th....it helped feed 9 million children from the poorest families in the U.S.......

CHIP was a health insurance program, dealing with medical insurance... it didn't "feed" any child. Jesus Christ, man, you don't even know what you're outraged about, only that you're supposed to be outraged.

posted on Oct, 2 2017 @ 03:32 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I read that too and was like what the ??????

Insurance not FOOD!!!

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:20 AM
link   
We've got enough suffering as it is with 10 billion animals slaughtered every year mostly done in horrific manners, if you understand the fact that animals are conscious and experience live through their own eyes like us it becomes criminal and is a holocaust. Adding horses to the menu is just extending that ignorance further.

Disgusting imo. Just because animals don't go to work, dress, look in the mirror at themselves doesn't make it ok. If anything its more disgraceful because they actually appreciate the environment and Earth as it is whereas we are stuck in a narcissistic rat race, plundering the Earth and making an absolute mess, making each other miserable with material goods, status, wealth etc.

edit on 3-10-2017 by jonnyc55 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jonnyc55

The slaughterhouse ban was the cause of terrible suffering for many many horses.

People who actually work with and love these animals know this.
Humaine and effective slaughter methods are necessary to avoid suffering, and those can only be controlled and regulated if slaughter is legal.

I am more concerned about the experience and suffering of living beings, then whether dead meat is burned, buried, or eaten. That goes for my own being as well!

posted on Oct, 3 2017 @ 05:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
a reply to: burdman30ott6

I read that too and was like what the ??????

Insurance not FOOD!!!

But....but...chips...? Kids have the right to eat chips too, no?

I know nothing about that program, so I'm glad this was pointed out. I really was thinking about chips- preferably sour cream and onion flavored...

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join