It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Stand You Kneel

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

NO .
the LAWYERS are PISSED we threw a WILD card at them that they can't manipulate,THEY already have media strength from legally authorized propaganda BY OBAMA and many of the tech ,educational and social programs in our higher learning were infiltrated by hippies who are driving the latest Marxist movement. Those programmed use the same attacks ,language and methods of debate perfected by Alinsky so it was figured in the 60s if one is well read enough.
Unfortunately all the ethnic degrees won't make cash in the world and the world NEVER really had FREEBIES for babies ,JUST a WHOLE lot of directed hostility ,social shunning and eventual abandonment of the movement for SILLY habits like warmth and FOOD.
How we feel is laughed at by reality it isn't very nice,future movements will see YOU changing with ME, if we SILL have a non balkanized country, that the GLOBALISTS are using Progs to make happen
ADD to that the RINO efforts to attack and remove so I CAN SEE who they are ,and I COULDN'T be much happier...perhaps if Trump could JUST SHUT TFU!
edit on 29-9-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
perhaps if Trump could JUST SHUT TFU!

Good luck with that. That's probably one of the few things we agree on.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
a reply to: RomeByFire
Look away from AAA. Indy devs have been spitting out political tripe for years. Games have most definitely been used for culture shaping. Most AAA games are actually garbage these days anyway. Check these out if you can. If not just do some searching for propaganda in video games.

You're actually not helping your point, independent developers don't garner as much attention as "Triple A," games, mainly because (a decent amount) of indi. developers don't have the money, or pull, for advertising campaigns (as opposed to Destiny 2 or Call of Duty for instance).

Which ones are more "in your face," about it?

Besides, independent developers are free to create what they want - we live in a free society, and it is a form of expression. I've seen many people say that "stop shoving it in our faces! Go make your own product with your own bias," so people go and do that, but are then also criticized for doing so.

I do understand your point, though, and many games are political.

BioShock - PHENOMENAL story and was very political. And yes, it did cause "outrage," at one point or another in its life cycle. I remember when Remember Me had been announced and it was being trashed for "feminist propaganda," when in reality, it was just a dreadfully boring, visually impressive, mediocre title.

There's propaganda in video games, sure, but a well written script evokes one to project real-life scenarios and compare/contrast what a FICTIONAL video game's story is telling.

Besides, for all the games that may have some sort of political undertone (Metal Gear Solid, Deus Ex) there are DOZENS that don't. Minecraft, fighting games, sports games, etc but I do not deny that video games have used politics as a plot-device before.

As a gamer, I just find it frustrating when the claims of "propaganda being shoved down our throats in the form of video games by the Hollywood left...," are not backed up with empirical evidence of said claim.

DICE, a Swedish developer who created the Battlefield series, was accused of "towing the line for the BLM movement with a black soldier as the cover art." They're a Swedish developer....

Also worth noting... no one makes one play, nor watch, video games. How is that "being shoved down your throat?"

Here's how far these ignorant comments have reached.

www.infowars.com... s-in-upcoming-video-game-are-white-christian-right-wing-extremists-from-montana/

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 06:41 PM
link   

PERHAPS after you hit 40...

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Colin Kaepernick started this as he was an ineffectual quarterback that took his team from 1st to worst. Now , the 49ers cant get shed of him or replace him (although when Hoyer enters the game , the 49ers are a much better team) . If they did , guess what Colin would claim ? Doesn't take a bleedin genius to figure that out...
JOB SECURITY to the Nth degree

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

PERHAPS after you hit 40...

Star for that. We'll see.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

OOOOH I am SOOOO sorry for the AGING thing.
THE MUSIC bites,popular culture whips out the most OBNOXIOUS crap, not really caring about OLDERS and to make matters worse SOME want you dead at 70...
The ONLY answer..A GUN ..JUST in case, DISASSEMBLED, buried and never spoken of is fine...

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

I Stand You Kneel

To kneel or not to kneel. This is the big question.

Just don't say it on Park Ave.

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   
My point in posting the poem was to ask a question. If both sides feel their action or opinion of the actions of others is rooted in their patriotism, why can't we respect that?

posted on Sep, 30 2017 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

Can't think of a single reason, frankly.

Agree to disagree seems applicable...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join