It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Stand You Kneel

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: underwerks
Keep wishing.

more of a prediction than a wish. maybe i should put it in a different forum

Considering your predilection for insulting people, I'd say that's a good idea.

The mud pit is over there.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I stand you kneel
I'm a banana you peel?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Hollywood is dead

Was it ever real? I'm pretty sure it's still grinding out their version of reality as always.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

No one cares what the players do or their political stance. It's all about Trump like everything else. That is what people are rejecting, not the right or merit of opinions of some brain damaged wife beater. I read what they said and watched interviews, and we all agree. It would be ignorant to keep using the NFL as a proxy.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus

originally posted by: Templeton
a reply to: underwerks

It's obviously not about the players. Everyone basically agrees on all points by both sides as I think OP is pointing out. It's about the left ruining everything. Media is dead, Hollywood is dead, music is dead, now football.

They also are forcing their agenda on video games.

The Left likes to ruin everything with politics.

Which video games?

Which video game developers and publishers?

You do realize that video games are fictional, right?

Which games, though? Deus Ex? Always been political. Point of the game.

Far Cry 5? Bit of controversy over that title. Nothing new, though, Far Cry 2 and 4 also were controversial.

Overwatch? People consider it "feminist propaganda," because out of the four new characters added three are females (one of the "females," is a four legged robot).

Battlefield 1? People were upset over the cover art using a black soldier.

CoD WWII? Taking some heat for allowing black females as playable characters in the multiplayer, as well as removing swastikas from the multiplayer.

Which video games, and video game developers, are "ruining everything with leftist politics," because I've been playing video games for over twenty years and I really don't see a good example of this happening.

Mortal Kombat X? Took QUITE a bit of heat for being overly violent and gory.

Grand Theft Auto V? Took heat for, well, being Grand Theft Auto (is also the best selling video game of all time).

Fallout? Elder Scrolls?

I mean, which video games (and their respective developers, and publishers) are we discussing here?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Kali74
If I break the rules my employer sets down for his
workplace and I refuse to follow them?

I'm FIRED! From a job I most likely don't love and may
not provide enough.

Football players playing for the NFL should follow the rules.

Your employer cannot put provisions in an employment contract that take away your Constitutional rights or force you to commit a crime. For example, your employer cannot give you a contract that says that you must give him a hummer every morning as part of your job. He also cannot require that you pledge allegiance to the flag or recite the Lord's Prayer. These players are not stopping play to protest. Their actions are not affecting their work performance. And please tell me, what 'rules' are they not following?

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   

People have the freedom to kneel during the Anthem, however, I don't have to reward their negative behavior. I don't see a problem here as everyone is getting their free speech.

Freedom to kneel...freedom to boycott...freedom working as intended.

^^^ This is a balanced, fair-minded post and you've got one lonely star for it. Your next post went partisan and racked up six times more stars. Balance to partisan star ratio 1:6.

Kali's poem and your post highlight how people seem to prefer conflict and division instead of finding common ground. I haven't starred your post so I can make this point.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire
Look away from AAA. Indy devs have been spitting out political tripe for years. Games have most definitely been used for culture shaping. Most AAA games are actually garbage these days anyway. Check these out if you can. If not just do some searching for propaganda in video games.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

Keep wishing.

more of a prediction than a wish. maybe i should put it in a different forum

Considering your predilection for insulting people, I'd say that's a good idea.

The mud pit is over there.

please accept my apology, because my brain was not awake and i literally did not even understand the meme you posted. i'm docking myself 500 ATS points for being an idiot.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

This is a rule.

The specific rule pertaining to the national anthem is found on pages A62-63 of the NFL League Rulebook. It states:

‘The National Anthem must be played prior to every NFL game, and all players must be on the sideline for the National Anthem. During the National Anthem, players on the field and bench area should stand at attention, face the flag, hold helmets in their left hand, and refrain from talking. The home team should ensure that the American flag is in good condition … It should be pointed out to players and coaches that we continue to be judged by the public in this area of respect for the flag and our country. Failure to be on the field by the start of the National Anthem may result in discipline, such as fines, suspensions, and/or the forfeiture of draft choice(s) for violations of the above, including first offenses.’
source
edit on Rpm92917v25201700000021 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   

It's about the left ruining everything. Media is dead, Hollywood is dead, music is dead, now football.

Must be terrible believing that narrative is reality.

I've heard is said that reality is what refuses to go away when you stop believing in it. I forget where. People don't believe politics should infect every aspect of our culture yet it has and it resulted in Trump. Trump being president is reality.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

People have the freedom to kneel during the Anthem, however, I don't have to reward their negative behavior.

I agree with your overall sentiment re:

However, why is exercising this freedom of kneeling in protest to bring attention to social injustice(s) perceived as *negative behaviour* within your mind?

Your avatar pic is the late great MLK Jr. who was the first to take a knee in protest of social injustice. He took a knee in 1965 in protest and prayer before being taken to jail for marching for the right to vote.

I don't see a problem here as everyone is getting their free speech.

The issue goes beyond the right to free speech. Yes, free speech has been used as a tool to bring about social change by highlighting social injustice(s), and this is exactly what athletes and others kneeling in protest intentions ARE. In fact, the purpose and/or original intention of the #righttokneel campaign has been overshadowed by this free speech debate.

Secondly, what did you mean by: having to *reward* this behaviour?

Kneeling has long been used as a form of non-violent protest in the US. The *reward* in doing so has paved the road for much positive social change for ALL people despite all the bumps and potholes getting to that point.

People didn't approve of the way my father protested injustice either; said he was causing trouble [negative behaviour,] called him an "outside agitator." — Bernice King

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Templeton

Virtue signalling mumbo jumbo

There aren't many things that are better examples of "virtue signaling" than using the term "virtue signaling" to signal your virtues to your peers.
edit on 2017-9-29 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 04:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

People have the freedom to kneel during the Anthem, however, I don't have to reward their negative behavior. I don't see a problem here as everyone is getting their free speech.

^^^ This is a balanced, fair-minded post and you've got one lonely star for it. Your next post went partisan and racked up six times more stars. Balance to partisan star ratio 1:6.

Kali's poem and your post highlight how people seem to prefer conflict and division instead of finding common ground. I haven't starred your post so I can make this point.

Great point and the second line of my second post wasn't really needed. LIke many others here on ATS; I am frustrated by politics infecting every aspect of our lives.

edit on 2017/9/29 by Metallicus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kandinsky

Great point and the second line of my second post wasn't really needed. LIke many others here on ATS; I am frustrated by politics infecting every aspect of our lives.

Imagine if we all 'took a knee' for a weekend and avoided political posts.

We can get along in the BTS threads and forget the differences.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Incenting the RIGHT is the will and the game
To deny their place is your claim to fame.
It's IMPOTENT arms HUGGED once before,but THEN it turned out to be a communists whore.
Those who GET my word of wit .NEED not EAT this manufactured P.C.S#IT.
By the EVER pragmatic wings of HISTORY we attempted to mitigate what we could ,of MISERY,only denied by lawyer and suits.
USUALLY by money ,the liars and coups.
ADD A COMMUNIST nazi paying for it all!
When those who 've SEEN it, await the 2ND Hippie fall.

I paint better but POETRY is cake.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

It's about the left ruining everything. Media is dead, Hollywood is dead, music is dead, now football.

I've heard is said that reality is what refuses to go away when you stop believing in it. I forget where. People don't believe politics should infect every aspect of our culture yet it has and it resulted in Trump. Trump being president is reality.

Trump is the reason politics have infected our reality, not the symptom.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Templeton

Virtue signalling mumbo jumbo

There aren't many things that are better examples of "virtue signaling" than using the term "virtue signaling" to signal your virtues to your peers.

In a world where derogatory ad hominems are considered virtuous you might be right.
edit on 29-9-2017 by Templeton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Trump is the reason politics have infected our reality, not the symptom.

And that refusal to accept the reality of the situation is why Trump keeps winning.

posted on Sep, 29 2017 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: kelbtalfenek

My father wore his uniform during three wars (WW2, Korea, and Vietnam) for the same reason.

No one is wrong here. They, both the kneelers and the non, are partaking in the most sacred of American rights--the right to disagree, and make that disagreement heard/seen.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join