It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Homeland Security to Monitor All Immigrants' Social Media, Search Histories

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: rickymouse

I'd like to get a look at it. My initial search turned up fruitless.

thehill.com...

abcnews.go.com...

www.msnbc.com...

I am not sure who was behind this suppression, but some sources say Obama's administration was in favor of not using social media to vet visas.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: pirhanna

No vote, no redress, just secured funding and off they go. Invasive and..oh, legal.

No, it's not legal, it's all unconstitutional but nobody seems to care in government about that.
Once we get accustomed to lawless behavior we just sigh and throw our hands up, I mean the options left are quite limited.
In truth Jefferson had it right.
Any government left unchecked for too long will accrue too much power.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Well they already monitor all us citizens so... Whatever I guess? Been doing that at least since the advent of echelon, later total information awareness. Those chips in credit cards, the post office workers watcher forms... Name it. We are unfortunately far past where people seem to think we are.

What a great attitude. You're such a good little citizen.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: JinMI

This is the real damage done as of 911, get Americans to trade freedom for security , and there isn't one party at least major ones you can turn to as an alternative.
Terrorist seemed to have won or winning, no mass invasion needed.

Or... The authoritarians in our country are winning & they simply use terrorism & immigration as pretexts to implement a police state.

Put it like this, let's pretend that all immigrants left America and all terrorists turned themselves in. Would our govt stop using these types of programs? I think they'd just change the justification and point to another bogeyman that they need to "protect" us from with these programs.

Truth well spoken brother..truth well spoken..excuses for repression.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Well they already monitor all us citizens so... Whatever I guess? Been doing that at least since the advent of echelon, later total information awareness. Those chips in credit cards, the post office workers watcher forms... Name it. We are unfortunately far past where people seem to think we are.

You are correct sir. As I have stated many times, assume every keystroke is logged and will be used against you in a court of law.

Since the late 90's at least.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

The Patriot Act

By slipping that term 'terrorism' in there, laws need not apply.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879
a reply to: JinMI

This is the real damage done as of 911, get Americans to trade freedom for security , and there isn't one party at least major ones you can turn to as an alternative.
Terrorist seemed to have won or winning, no mass invasion needed.

I would surely agree except that terrorism hasn't won. What's being defined as terrorism is growing. Definitions broadened.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join