It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump deletes tweets backing Alabama primary loser Luther Strange

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Trump's endorsing Luther Strange never made much sense to begin with. Strange is the establishment favorite, which pretty much by definition makes him a swamp creature. Roy Moore is the guy Trump's supporters favored all along.

My read is, Trump was pushed to support Luther by Senate Republicans. He started backing off toward the end.

I think Trump made some deals with McConnell around the time of the first repeal bill, to support Strange. I don't know if Moore was a serious contender back then.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: TDawg61
So when Trump tweets people freak out.When he removes tweets they freak out worse?
You people are a pschiatrist's wet dream.

pssst its the content of the tweets and the fact that the POTUS comes off as a bitter child.

How are you not getting this?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:15 AM
link   
I'm just finding it funny that Moore appears to be more in line with the type of politician Trump needs in Congress to move his agenda forward, yet everyone on the left side of the aisle considers this a loss for Trump.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

I'ts a loss for Trump because Strange was his preferred candidate.
"ALABAMA, get out and vote for Luther Strange - he has proven to me that he will never let you down! #MAGA"

Which is why he deleted the tweets.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

On the contrary, when I said "we" I meant basically everyone besides you guys (Team Democrat Talking Points). Do realize there are people other than democrats and republicans.

Ergo I had no idea the election was happening, no idea who this strange person he backed was, that he was backing them, that there was a tweet, the twists and turns in said election, that the strange one lost... to even know that there ever was a tweet to be deleted let alone that it had.

That its a "story", and the impression theres outrage to be found in it, thats all on you guys, and therefore I'm just here to look inside the petri dish that the thread is, and its inhabitants with a particular emphasis on its creators (which happens to be you guys).

The effects of social media on society, and our effects on it, thats the wavelength I'm on herein. We humans have failed with social media in this grand experiment which is the uncharted territory of 'the future' we dwell in for the first time in history. The implications ever more insurmountably alarming. Instead of go partisan hostile bicker on me you might actually hear what I'm saying and reflect on it.

edit on 28-9-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:25 AM
link   
oh FFS people

it was a republican primary

yes - trump backed strange - so what ??

really - so what ????????????????

are people actually implying that trump cannot shift his backing to the person who will actually be on the ballot in the public election ???????????????

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 06:37 AM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The implications ever more insurmountably alarming. Instead of go partisan hostile bicker on me you might actually hear what I'm saying and reflect on it.

Wasn't aware that I had gone partisan hostile on you , I thought I'd just responded to what you wrote in the post I replied to.
Trump deleting his tweets wasn't a troll it was Trump acting to form , but for good reason.

To you it's a non story and that's fine but dig a little deeper and there is more to it than just deleting tweets.

I was asked a while ago by a member here if I actually conspiracy , I would ask the same question to members here supporting Trump without seeing the bigger picture and the possible conspiracy at hand.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The jokes on all of us though — of the two, Strange was almost certainly the lesser of two evils and it's near impossible to believe that whoever won the runoff isn't going to beat the Democrat.

Trump let his staff/cabinet/etc back Moore though. The strange part was that Trump backed Strange at all, he was acting on some odd advice.

Either way, Trump can't really lose in the short term with either one winning. I don't see the Democrat beating either come 2018. Though, with Moore in office... maybe he can be thrown out for ethics violations for a third time.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The jokes on all of us though — of the two, Strange was almost certainly the lesser of two evils and it's near impossible to believe that whoever won the runoff isn't going to beat the Democrat.

Yeah. The winner basically gave a "return America to Christian roots" sermon as his victory speech. He is probably more terrifying than Trump. At least Trump isn't too religious.

Moore wants Sharia Law in the US, as long as the Christians are in control of it. He's part of the American Taliban.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: queenofswords
Haven't any of you ever deleted a tweet or FB post, or heck...even an ATS post?!

DT is going to put his all into backing Moore now. That couple of tweets for Strange's support should be removed now. Kind of simple really.

No. I've edited out a couple of double posts, but I have never deleted my words from the internet. On any forum or social media.

A real adult isn't ashamed of what they've said, and isn't afraid to let their words stand forever.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: jonnywhite
This is my impression of him. I realize he's owned a lot of real estate--some of the tallest buildings in the world. Maybe he's confused appearance with success in business, when it's only one small part.

No, that's all it is with Trump. All style, no substance. This is a man who has his elevators skip ~15 floors per building so that he can claim his buildings are taller than they are.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
It really is something peoples obsession with his tweets. A most fascinating living social psychological case study of the modern civilian here in the United States of Social Media. Rock on!

Agreed. The obsession is pretty funny. Slow news day...lets write about Trumps Tweets....or deleted tweets....great reporting and journalism....hard to believe any self respecting journalist would even give thought to the idea of writing about a tweet.

Yeah who writes threads revolving around tweets and Trump...

No one self respecting that’s for sure...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh...
Well this is awkward, is it not?

Not awkward at all....Im not a journalist.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: RazorV66

Going out of your way to delete your Tweets is not moving on. It's covering your tracks.

Yeah because clicking a button is going out of your way.

I went extra out of my way to post this, I had to click 3 times. I'm exhausted.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Luther Strange has been shooting up in the Alabama polls since my endorsement.

Of all people, you’d expect President Trump to know the polls are very fake news.

Buffoon.

I wonder if his endorsement caused the true silent majority to actually get out and vote.

No Haz, Strange wasn't horrible enough. They voted for someone more horrible. Trump apparently didn't realize how horrible Moore is, or he would have endorsed him.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

It was an odd campaign. The main point of contention between the two was that even though Trump endorsed Strange, and Strange was in 100% support of Trumps agenda, Moore said that Strange didn't love Trump and support him enough, and that he would.

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
are people actually implying that trump cannot shift his backing to the person who will actually be on the ballot in the public election ???????????????

of course he can. but why delete his tweets about the previous candidate?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

Must of been a slow news day

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 12:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

It could of easily been a "so what" but no, Trump is so narcissistic and insecure(great traits in a world leader) he deleted "official statements" isn't that what his tweets are now?

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: RazorV66

originally posted by: Xcalibur254
a reply to: RazorV66

Going out of your way to delete your Tweets is not moving on. It's covering your tracks.

Covering his tracks?
For what purpose would he need to cover his tracks?
They were out there....everyone saw them.

LOL...Reality has never got in the way of Trump or his supporters in the past.
Muslims cheering in NJ during 9-11 anyone? Biggest inaugural crowd in history!..eff..the list is endless.

He deleted the tweets because reality and history is whatever lie he decides works for him...and his supporters back him in that gross, self-serving, fundamentally corrupt and dishonest attitude. It always seems like a mildly sadomasochistic exercise to me, where supporters aren't just tolerant of being lied to like they are useful idiots, but derive pleasure from the treatment.

edit on 28-9-2017 by soberbacchus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 28 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: angeldoll

Luther Strange has been shooting up in the Alabama polls since my endorsement.

Of all people, you’d expect President Trump to know the polls are very fake news.

Buffoon.

I wonder if his endorsement caused the true silent majority to actually get out and vote.

No Haz, Strange wasn't horrible enough. They voted for someone more horrible. Trump apparently didn't realize how horrible Moore is, or he would have endorsed him.

Straight up?

Trump didn't care about either of them. It was a D&*^ swinging contest between him and Bannon who backed Moore.
Trump wanted to show up Bannon and Bannon wanted to let Donnie know he could take away his toys anytime he felt like it. Donnie then threw a tantrum.

talkingpointsmemo.com...

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join