It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump deletes tweets backing Alabama primary loser Luther Strange

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:36 PM
link   
After backing Luther Strange to the hilt via twitter the President has NOW deleted his supportive tweets following Luther Strange 's defeat yesterday in the Alabama primary.
"Big election tomorrow in the Great State of Alabama. Vote for Senator Luther Strange, tough on crime & border - will never let you down!"...Gone
"Luther Strange has been shooting up in the Alabama polls since my endorsement," ... Gone
"ALABAMA, get out and vote for Luther Strange - he has proven to me that he will never let you down! #MAGA"... Gone

After enthusiastically endorsing an Alabama senator’s campaign for re-election, President Trump distanced himself on Tuesday night from the candidate’s loss in the most Trumpian way possible: He deleted his supportive tweets.
Hours after Senator Luther Strange, a Republican from Alabama, lost in Tuesday’s primary runoff, Mr. Trump excised at least three favorable Twitter posts, including one sent Tuesday morning. In that tweet, posted as the polls in Alabama opened, the president boasted that Mr. Strange “has been shooting up in the Alabama polls since my endorsement.”
www.nytimes.com...

edit on 27-9-2017 by gortex because: (no reason given)

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:40 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Luther Strange has been shooting up in the Alabama polls since my endorsement.

Of all people, you’d expect President Trump to know the polls are very fake news.

Buffoon.

I wonder if his endorsement caused the true silent majority to actually get out and vote.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Dotard Trump is so caught up in appearances, and having to be seen as having been the one who always backs winners, he can't even say he stood on principle in his support for Strange and regrets that the best man for the job didn't win!

edit on 27-9-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Who is he looser than?

+1 more 
link   
Haven't people learned that you will draw more attention to yourself by deleting tweets and social media posts, than you would if you just let them be?

+3 more 
link   

The jokes on all of us though — of the two, Strange was almost certainly the lesser of two evils and it's near impossible to believe that whoever won the runoff isn't going to beat the Democrat.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:49 PM
link   
typical narcissistic behavior from our unhinged egomaniac in chief...

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:53 PM
link   
It really is something peoples obsession with his tweets. A most fascinating living social psychological case study of the modern civilian here in the United States of Social Media. Rock on!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

The way I understand it he confused his core supporters by backing Strange who I believe is considered a swamp dweller , I think the negative reaction from Republicans and Trump's former inner circle member Steve Bannon and others reflected that.

a reply to: windword
Yeah , he's trying to rewrite history , The Donald only backs winners because he's a winner so backing a loser is a bit inconvenient.

"Trumpian way"

edit on 27-9-2017 by gortex because: Damn Pixies

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Trump believes he can create his own revisionist history. He has never backed a loser. Nope. Not at all. He has a pristine, unaltered Twitter feed to prove it!

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
It really is something peoples obsession with his tweets. A most fascinating living social psychological case study of the modern civilian here in the United States of Social Media. Rock on!

Agreed. The obsession is pretty funny. Slow news day...lets write about Trumps Tweets....or deleted tweets....great reporting and journalism....hard to believe any self respecting journalist would even give thought to the idea of writing about a tweet.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Really ?
The President of the United States had a bit of an Ooops moment and instead of doing what any honorable person would do and accept it happened and move on he deletes the evidence .... like no one would notice.

Pretty shady action but I'm not surprised some will defend him regardless.

+2 more 
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Agreed. The obsession is pretty funny. Slow news day...lets write about Trumps Tweets....or deleted tweets....great reporting and journalism....hard to believe any self respecting journalist would even give thought to the idea of writing about a tweet.

What?! His tweets have escalated the NK situation and made the number of kneelers soar from a paltry dozen to hundreds.

link   
Trump's endorsing Luther Strange never made much sense to begin with. Strange is the establishment favorite, which pretty much by definition makes him a swamp creature. Roy Moore is the guy Trump's supporters favored all along.

My read is, Trump was pushed to support Luther by Senate Republicans. He started backing off toward the end.
edit on 27-9-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

Yeah who writes threads revolving around tweets and Trump...

No one self respecting that’s for sure...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh...
Well this is awkward, is it not?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Deleting tweets 🤣
Its like a 16 year old school girl being in charge

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
Trump's endorsing Luther Strange never made much sense to begin with. Strange is the establishment favorite, which pretty much by definition makes him a swamp creature. Roy Moore is the guy Trump's supporters favored all along.

My read is, Trump was pushed to support Luther by Senate Republicans. He started backing off toward the end.

Apparently his daughter and Kushner was the push for him to support Strange!

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It's absolutely amazing (read: saddening) that Trump's supporters cannot recognize that he is an immature, egocentric, man-child. And I'm using egocentric in the official capacity. As in the stage of childhood development, that most move past in infancy, where the individual is unable to recognize the world exists beyond their perception.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Joke didn't work.
edit on 27-9-2017 by intrepid because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

This is the equivalent of a little boy sneaking a cookie, breaking the cookie jar by mistake, and then duct-taping it back together.

When the mother notices and points it out, all of you say "Why is his mother so obsessed about cookies"?!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join