It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Game Warden Tells Stories of Big Foot...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I literally stumbled upon this audio interview last night. Put it on in the background and listen to this one warden's account of his cryptid encounters.

The guy hosting the interview isn't the best interviewer but he means well. The game warden (who remains anonymous for obvious reasons) tells some very revealing stories of his encounters. In my relatively well educated opinion with regards to deception detection the interviewee is telling the truth. In all of his recollections I did not hear either a tone inference or a sentence structure that leads me to believe he is being deceptive.

Do yourself a favor and skip to the 4 minute mark. The interviewer rambles quite a bit before he gets to the interview with the game warden.

EDIT: As an aside at a couple of points during the interview the interviewer references an area I am familiar with called Land Between the Lakes. I have visited there many times but not specifically the northern area of Land Between the Lakes. I recall many people whom some I knew while others I did not who all said to never go camping in that area.

The game warden, however, is specifically referencing an area he works in the north west of the US.

edit on 25-9-2017 by Outlier13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Outlier13

I listened to this before. Really interesting. The interviewer does get some good guests but he's hard to swallow for me. Especially when he gets into all of the Christian stuff. It just puts me off. No one really knows what these things are but he can be very dogmatic when it comes to his belief system.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
cool, ya know I was out by Seattle ...gonna be real brave and get some exploring of different places...hail man...I was loaded for bear with special hardened ammo in 3006 and my 44 mag 6 inch Smith Wesson

when I had finished my first calling, then go away then come back 45 minutes later trick, I was brave for about 5 good seconds, then my mind started imagining how badass it is to toss a bulldozer down the scree field hitting the 5 foot diameter redwoods and spruce.....and it just kept going too long and seemed impossible....bouncing off and ringing the trees.....seemed a mile down the muntain.....time to haul azz

then I hauled azz on my trailbike...screaming like a sissy told myself i'd never go back without ten people...it coulda had me....no match, threw a bulldozer....

state hwy 18 and I-90...then south by southeast 4 miles....look the hail out
edit on 25-9-2017 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

This is the first and only one I've listened to from this YT account. If you have a recommendation of some other interviews he's done I would be interested.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Let me preface by saying that I want to believe. I like the whole bigfoot idea and wouldn't be super surprised to see proof.

That said: guy claims he is ex military and a game warden. At around 9 minutes he begins recounting an event with a bigfoot. Claims it begins to come at him and he fires at it... FROM 200 YDS AWAY. No game warden is going to shoot a bear that is 200 yds away, unless under orders to kill a specific bear for a particular reason.

Even 100 yds. Not gonna shoot. 50 yds? If it seems extremely aggresive and charging, then possibly. However, most will not shoot until that thing is about to pounce on them.

I'll keep listening, but something smells....

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
I like brenton sawin. He interviews fine. I enjoy his stuff cause hes down to earth and is willing to interview people with some very out there stories.

Bear and coonbo are fun to although i have issues with their stance on bigfoot raping livestock and i call BS on bears microphone diaphragm physically picking up infransound. But other than that i think their good fun.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Most of brenton sawins guests are interesting. Id say about 75 percent of his uploads are good listens.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Thanks for the insight. Lucky I stumbled upon his channel.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Ive even sent him a few of my experiences although he opted not to run with em. Brentons a good guy who you can share with on a confidential level without having to worry about being judged. Hes had some crazy experiences himself.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

He said he first fired 2 shots at what he thought was a bear in an attempt to scare it away. He didn't actually fire at the animal until it started towards him down the hill. At this point he decided to put two rounds on target.

200 yrds may sound like a long way if you aren't familiar with hunting or taking long range shots. I don't know if you are or aren't but to be honest 200 yds isn't far for a seasoned or well trained marksman.

I've never hunted bear. Only deer. I have encountered plenty of bear though. You would be shocked at how quickly they cover ground. Taking a shot at 50 yards ensures your death if you don't stone it on the first shot. Taking a shot at 200 yds gives you much more time to range the target and get rounds on it.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

Im not a seasoned marksman but with my 308 i can hit phonebook targets at 200 yards from a standing position rifle in high ready with about 1.5 to 3 seconds prep time. 200 yards is nothing it gets trickier at about 400

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

I took out a charging 250lb boar at 85 yards a few years back. It was a lucky shot and thank god cause if i had missed it would run up on me and gored me to death with no problems. Its hard to explain to those who havent experienced it just how fast angry animals can cover ground. I still think about sometimes how F'd id be if i had missed that shot.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Yes, sir, i am an avid outdoorsmen and hunter/marksman. Even got my NRA distinguished expert ranking

I was not questioning his ABILITY to fire and hit it at 200 yds. I am asking why?

A game warden does not want to shoot ANYTHING. It is a last resort. 200 yards is not a last resort.

Also, Ive shot plenty of bear within 50 yards and I'm still typing.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:11 PM
link   

My shortest range boar shot was 100M. Never wanted to let one get closer than that. This was in Texas a few years back and they were some of the most aggressive animals I've ever hunted.

I've never hunted exotic big game. Not much of a fan of trophy hunting. Everything we hunted we used and consumed. I don't believe in killing such a majestic animal such as a lion. Not saying I think differently of boars but they destroy the land our horses graze on and they can injure them as well so they are a PIA nuisance animal.

Anyway...I have seen some of the lion hunts. That's a whole different level of hunting I never want to encounter.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:15 PM
link   

This pig was mucking up a farm so it had to go.

But it came out of the treeline sniffed and shnortled. Picked up my scent although i tried my best to mask it and just strait bolted for my location with murder in its body language. Aimed just infront of its snout tagged it behind the ear. Was the first time my bad habit of too heavy a trigger pull actually worked in my favor. Very lucky shot. My hands shook for a while after that. I kinda just had to take a few minutes to compose myself.
edit on 25-9-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-9-2017 by BASSPLYR because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: seaswine

Ok, I misunderstood what you were saying. But he did not take the initial two shots at what he thought was a bear to hit him. Just to scare him. It was only after he realized what he was looking at wasn't a bear did he decide to put 2 rounds in him.

As a fellow hunter are you telling me you wouldn't take a shot at this animal at 200 yds once you realized it was coming at you after you tried to scare it off? I mean think about that for a second. He fired two warning shots. The thing turned, growled, and then began coming aggressively towards him. I'll take those shots all day.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Makes you wish your rifle was a semi and not bolt action.

Imagine other than a headshot what kinda round it would take to drop immediatly a pissed off 800lb sasquatch.

308 30-60 maybe. 270 F no. Id prefere 300winmag and nothing less in that situation.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:22 PM
link   

I bet those few seconds felt like a lifetime didn't they? That's a sign of composure. Your training takes over and time seems to stand still. That's when we are most alive. Right when we are on the edge of potential death.

Aiming at the snout and hitting behind the ear is a pretty damn good shot for something wanting to gore you to death.

posted on Sep, 25 2017 @ 10:24 PM
link   

It was a lucky shot.

Tachypsychia for sure. I remembered the smallest details. I get tachypsychia often in duress.

posted on Sep, 26 2017 @ 04:15 AM
link   

I agree,he isn't arrogant when doing his interviews like others,he is more laid back and believable

top topics

<<   2 >>

join