It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Be Very Careful About What Kind of Music You Consume!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus
a reply to: Liquesence

No wonder why you're so messed up.

I am? I thought that was because of the wine, but I always knew there was a reason, just not the one I thought or expected.

Maybe I should listen to some hard core hip hop and balance things out.

edit on 21-9-2017 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

I usually go with Mexican Gangster Rap.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I usually go with Mexican Gangster Rap.

Yeah, I don't need any more scars.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:20 PM
link   

That makes one of us.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:24 PM
link   

That makes one of us.

It's gonna make 2, ese, you don't calm down holmes.

Damn, I need to turn that MexiGangRap off. It's influencing me. OP was right.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Chulo.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Chulo.

Pinche pendejo.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 06:42 PM
link   

You know me well, poppi.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 07:17 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Graci.

posted on Sep, 21 2017 @ 11:18 PM
link   
welll surprised no one had spoken about

Backward Music aka . BackMasking

My Favorites

Led Zeppelin ( unintentional ) Very Creepy! even too the Band itself ..

Beatles ( intentional ) mostly of the tale of Paul Is Dead ( Joke )

Black Sabbath ( Both )

ELO ! aka Electric Light Orchestra ( Both )

and Pink Floyd! ( Both )

even though Some were intent , some were not,

Music Reversals
reversespeech.com...

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 12:38 AM
link   
a reply to: sekerofknowlege

Good thread post. I'm familiar with Blavstsky and theosophical teachings. I'm also very familiar with the use of the spoken word. In both the Bible and the Vedas it states that the word is God/Brahman and God/Brahman said "let there be light"!
edit on 22-9-2017 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Be careful not to listen to ICP or else you'll be labeled a gang member like me. Hey that rhymed.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 01:52 AM
link   
this is a very shallow and unrealistic opinion on hip-hop and the music industry. the words you listen to will affect you of course, especially when you add the effect of melody which helps your brain remember and replay the message. but this thread is trash

first of all it's nearing the final stages of 2017. major labels have very little impact on what people hear. they can get their artists on the radio but people don't play radio. they can get their artists on a spotify playlist. they can provide a push for a record or a project that's gathering steam organically but they cannot setup hits like they used to be able to. what they can do is not adapt to change fast enough like most other industries with big players i.e auto industry

"There's not one artist that has made it big in any genre of music that hasn't agreed to the rules of the ones calling the shots (so called illuminati)"

this is nonsense, we live in the future and anyone can create a following for themselves via the internet without any intervention at all i.e Lil B. In this case, Lil B, an unsigned artist, was and is so widely recognized and appreciated that the current generation of rappers style and strategy is solely attributed to his come up

before that even, let's introduce another rapper. Kid Cudi. Imagine if a Kid Cudi never existed. Imagine a generation of kids never got to hear his story. Imagine if a Kanye West never existed. Imagine the feeling of confidence he imbues in you through your speakers did not exist. What if Chance The Rapper (an unsigned artist) didn't win 3 grammies one night and had the music played on him while he was thanking God on stage. What if there was no Drake? What if NWA never happened. Eminem? Don't get me started. When you really get down to it, since the 80's, hip hop artists have brought so much to culture and have impacted culture far more than any other genre existing in its time. As someone who also was mainly brought up on hip hop music as well and has branched out into all different sorts of genres in my teenage years, the sounds and stories I heard from hip hop and the colours, vibrations and melodies helped play my life out as a movie, perfectly

so maybe for you hip hop was a regret for you but for a lot of people it's everything, and your description of it is very naive and typical of someone that's looking at hip hop from the outside in, which I don't believe you are because you said you grew up on it. yes a lot of hip hop is trash recycled ideas and thoughts, but a lot of it isn't. It's up to you to decipher and choose what you listen to

so be careful what you listen to, but also be careful of what you say

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:10 AM
link   

It sounds to me like a rapper put his finger in your girlfriends cookie jar and you didnt take to kindly to it.
The same can be said about Rock, Metal, Alternative, Country and so on. There is bs in all popular music and each one has its share of crappy people promoting drugs, sexual promiscuity, suicide, death, the occult and Satan worship. Yes, Hip hop is a major culprit in today's music as was rock/metal in the 80-90s and so on. That being said, which genres actually had/has more listeners globally, that actually listen to 'said lyrics' rather than just a good beat or hook and has reached a far greater audience with it's bs messages and subliminal mind control etc. (cough). Maybe you would know this if you would have actually done some research first rather than coming in here just to bash hip hop and Islam and approached this topic from a researched viewpoint just because it doesn't fit in with your superficial reality doesn't negate all other people's negative bs throughout music.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 02:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wolfenz
welll surprised no one had spoken about

Backward Music aka . BackMasking

My Favorites

Led Zeppelin ( unintentional ) Very Creepy! even too the Band itself ..

Beatles ( intentional ) mostly of the tale of Paul Is Dead ( Joke )

Black Sabbath ( Both )

ELO ! aka Electric Light Orchestra ( Both )

and Pink Floyd! ( Both )

even though Some were intent , some were not,

Music Reversals
reversespeech.com...

Surprise, Surprise @ sekerofknowlege...no hip hop mentioned here. B..b..but hip hop...evil...satan. Pshh.

edit on 8/12/2015 by MasterMind007 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/12/2015 by MasterMind007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 03:14 AM
link   
Sadly life now is based on being as controversial as possible, every thing is an extreme and normally in an extreme to offend. Kids idolising people who make music (I'm being kind there) about killing Police, beating women, sex of every kind and basic violence, what could go wrong.....Yeah, I think you know what I mean..

My next door neighbours have an ADHD small child and to supposedly calm him down they play gangsta rap to him, seriously, they do, so he runs about the house making OCD based outages of 'f*ck the Police', 'bitch' and numerous other words unsuitable for anyone let alone a 4yr old. The two females (mum and granny) who look after him clearly don't care about what they do so I complain to the council.

I also have numerous drug dealing gangs that wander past my window and guess what rubbish they listen to, yep the same utter nonsense, its like its been brainwashed in to them to do it and its mostly black youth both dealing and listening to this garbage. We do have a lone white dealer and he also listens to the same crap so its a lifestyle choice.

The trouble is that the so called stars in the industry aspire to be seen as illuminati, often making the signs regardless of if they are in it and those that seem to be revel in the ability to taint youth AND get handsomely paid for it. But here's the rub, do you ban all this garbage music as hate speech, what will happen then, yup, it will carry on even more dedicated to their cause underground and prove twice as popular. DO we allow it under freedom of speech or do we try and over turn it.

Personally I cannot say what is the right way but I do know morals are now almost lost, respect is now cheap and we truly seem to be ushering in the end of times, not the biblical bit, just us as people becoming feral slowly. It really cannot end well at this pace, look at the world, its war and destruction every where, religion in its various guises seems to be more of a destructive path than a so called saviour, all we seem to see is corruption, greed and killing as the norm.

If you bother to look at the world you notice there's a constant flight from the horrors, people trying to get to where its not happening but those places are becoming smaller and smaller while the social unrest becomes more and more evident. Then you look at the media, playing every one against the rest, music calling for killing, groups doing the same, religion also doing the same..

I really don't think we can reverse all this, people like me who were brought up with kindness, respect and morals are becoming the dying old guard, we are getting to old to fight and what I see before me isn't going to do any changes for good, left wingers bowing to destructive elements in some strange prostrating ideal that doing that will make the destructive elements look after us, look at what happened to the slaves bowing to their masters, it was not good.

The good fight is almost dead, again, not the religious version, just the normal decent people fight, constantly being made to conform with the bad.

Can't end well...

Paul...One of the last of the old warriors...

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 06:07 AM
link   

It undeniably influenced my lifestyle as a youth in terms in slang, drugs, rebelliousness, although I would probably deny it at the time. Although I have no regrets in life, the music probably damaged me and my spiritual aura in uncountable ways.

No, it didn't.

On some level, most youth are 'rebellious', talk 'slang', experiment with cigarettes and alcohol (both are drugs, too). Part of growing up.

You're worst 'crime' was hip hop music?

Mine was rock and roll, concerts , debauchery... what memories.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Since you brought up Blavatsky and hip hop, here is a song for you

m.youtube.com...
edit on 22-9-2017 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 07:59 AM
link   
This is why I listen to Death Grips.

posted on Sep, 22 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: 4003fireglo

originally posted by: Bluntone22

Music today is so morally corrupt it's almost unbelievable.
Katy perry sings about three ways and being to drunk to remember last night.
Hate to think of the bugs she brought home.
Rappers are singing about bitches and hoes, like heroes...

Music used to be a little tongue in cheek.

It may have been tongue in cheek, but sometimes it was still about threesomes and other such things.

Brown Sugar was a song about Jagger going down on young black girls. The name of the album was Sticky Fingers

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join