It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada's Being TAXED Out Of Existence! - Trudeau Raises Taxes AGAIN!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Looks like airhead Trudeau is once again decimating the country by raising taxes, this time, on small businesses.

It seems like his millionaire donors and lobbyists of large companies are wanting to take out smaller businesses.

Tax is not bad if the government uses it wisely and charges but, but going after entrepreneurs and start ups is just a plain joke.!

+1 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   
a reply to: Skywatcher2011

Ummm...you gotta hand it to leftist utopias...their motto should be..."You'll get nothing...and like it"...

YouSir
edit on 12-9-2017 by YouSir because: point added...

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Trudeau, Macron, Merkel, all globalist scum who are allowing nefarious groups to usurp sovereign nations.

I laugh at all these liberal idiots on social media praising Trudeau because he is so "dreamy and handsome and level-headed", all while crying about Trump and the yuuuuge Nazi problem in America.

I hope Canadians kick Trudeau to the curb

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Stop complaining, you still get "free" healthcare.

On topic,,,
I saw this earlier. He's really kicking small businesses in the butt with this one.

www.torontosun.com...
edit on 12-9-2017 by Bluntone22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:15 AM
link   
*Ahem* I hate to interrupt another fixated rant about the evils of taxation, but you might like to look at how the Canadian economy is performing.

Annualised GDP growth rate of 4.5 per cent. As one economist put it: "Wow. There seems to be no stopping Canada of late."

So, not only is Canada not being "taxed out of existence", it is outperforming the USA, whose most recent GDP growth was 3.0 per cent.

So even with higher taxes Canada's growth is 150% of the USA's, in case this needs spelling out. It's almost as if fairly-distributed taxation, used wisely, can improve the economy of an entire nation... nah, forget I said that, it's clearly not true at all.
edit on 12-9-2017 by audubon because: typo as usual

edit on 12-9-2017 by audubon because: et encore

edit on 12-9-2017 by audubon because: FFS!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:16 AM
link   

It doesn't matter what you pay in taxes. What DOES matter is the purchasing power of your take home pay.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
Ummm...you gotta hand it to leftist utopias...their motto should be..."You'll get nothing...and like it...

You REALLY have to hand it to the Ayn Rand laissez faire capitalist scum who brain wash the masses in accepting insane levels of wealth inequality.

"You'll get nothing...and like it...but blame in on the left"

edit on 12-9-2017 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
*Ahem* I hate to interrupt another fixated rant about the evils of taxation, but you might like to look at how the Canadian economy is performing.

Annualised GDP growth rate of 4.5 per cent. As one economist put it: "Wow. There seems to be no stopping Canada of late."

So, not only is Canada not being "taxed out of existence", it is outperforming the USA, whose most recent GDP growth was 3.0 per cent.

So even with higher taxes Canada's growth is 150% of the USA's, in case this needs spelling out. It's almost as if fairly-distributed taxation, used wisely, can improve the economy of an entire nation... nah, forget I said that, it's clearly not true at all.

And somehow we manage to maintain a civil society with benefits such as Universal Health Care, and I can't seem to find anybody who wants us to become the 51'st state. Our standard of living is good. That's why conservatives tend to have to shriek to get paid any attention.

And one really needs to consider the sources of such whinging and clutching of pearls...the Toronto Sun is stupid news for stupid people, and rarely is the front page anything other than a boldfaced, ever-changing variation of "Are You Still Beating Your Wife?".

edit on 12-9-2017 by JohnnyCanuck because: Yup!

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:30 AM
link   
There was a thread on this last week. Damned if I can find it. Basically he's closing loopholes that enable successful businesses to "hide" income from taxation. Like transferring profits to a relative with minimal income. It's actually a win for the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Taxed out of existence? Really bruh?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:31 PM
link   
It's more a case that when the economy is booming, the corporations started having a shortage of managers. They put ads in newspapers, hire headhunters, but still they can't find anyone. If they try and promote people internally, sometimes those people just leave and set up their own businesses or leave and return as a contractor (selling their knowledge but staying out of the management hierarchy). So they and the government try and make this tricky. In the UK, we have IR35 legislation aimed at the self employed.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Did you know that there are people in this country who want the USA to be more like Canada?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

Did you know that there are people in this country who want the USA to be more like Canada?

Curling loving hosers?

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Ya, it's a real hellhole

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Utopia is easy

You need high taxes on the middle class and lower class and tons of immigrants bypassing all immigration laws and language police to make sure your citizens follow you moral code

Trudeau will be a prime example of progressive policies imploding a country.

But hey he sure is handsome spending other people's money

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

I do like fries and gravy.

Canada does have some very good traits. I for one would love to have their immigration policy.
But having a population smaller than California might make some things easier and some things harder.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: JDmOKI

When the country doesnt implode ?

Trudeau is not doing anything ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

Growth rate cannot be compared. Canada's economy is essentially a 'developing nation' compared to the USA. The population is less than that of California.

Rates level off, diminishing returns exist. 3% usa gdp is better than 4.5 canadian IMO

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: chadderson
Canada's economy is essentially a 'developing nation' compared to the USA.

I'm curious. How so?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join