It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Ancient Humans Coexisted with Dinosaurs?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:05 PM
link   
a reply to: StephenLeClaire

You can doubt my scientific credentials neighbbour (oh and hint there are a couple of us on this thread).

You are skipping the comment about the dinosaurs evolving. They did. We live with them. They don't look like dinosaurs. This thread is one step away from creationist young earther jerk fests

Oh and I'm a Pagan as well as a Scientist neigbour. Mull that over about being open minded.

Carvings are not proof of anything.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Noinden

Neither is radio carbon dating. Don't bring religion into this. I was raised and am a practicing druid. Nice attempt though. Take that trash elsewhere.
edit on 11-9-2017 by StephenLeClaire because: Addition

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog

originally posted by: Phantom423

originally posted by: Gothmog
I love it when folks that dont know a hill o beans about the topic chime in with just a no.
There are ancient cave paintings that show what apparently are dinosaurs. The way we picture them today.
Can someone explain that ? I cant.
Imagination ? Could anyone here imagine what a brontosaurus looked like without ever have seen them in pictures ?
It could be possible , but highly unlikely.
We havent found remains of early man along with a dinosaur ? How much of the world has archeologists uncovered ? All of it ?
Hades , they cant agree on where man started. Not even modern man .
Some folks keep such a closed mind , nothing new can get in .

And the point is................?

This^^^^
What a prime example of my last words on the post.

Oki Doki!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: StephenLeClaire

If you actually we're a "scientist" you would have infinitely less biased about what hasnt been confirmed. Not having evidence does NOT mean something didn't happen. Until people have dug up every square inch of the earth in geological survey you cannot say with 100% certainty what did or did not exist.

I won't presume to change your wording though. I'll let that ignorance stand for itself and simply attempt to refute it.

Can you please provide a list of what "hasn't been confirmed"? Thanks

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Neither is radio carbon dating. Don't bring religion into this. I was raised and am a practicing druid. Nice attempt though. Take that trash elsewhere.

Actually carbon dating does not enter into this discussion. But there are a number of archaeologists hovering around this thread, trying awfully hard to be polite.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:19 PM
link   

You're way behind the curve. Radio carbon dating is not the primary method of dating. If you don't know that, then you don't know anything about the science of fossil dating.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Carbon dating has nothing to do with dinosaurs. All the C14 would have radiated away. You need to understand what the methods being used are.

There are no bones to date. Because they are fossilized (viz not bone!).

I'm also a Druid, just leaving ADF, and concentrating solely as a Celtic Reconstructionist. I don't believe that dinosaurs existing with man
I brought my religion into this, to point out, I'm not just a scientist.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

If it's about dinosaurs, its about paleontology. If it's about humans and their day to day lives and what organisms they interacted with, then it's about Anthropology. None of it is about archaeology aside from people attempting to incorporate their own false interpretations of certain archaeological finds. See, there aren't any archaeological finds demonstrating humans coexisting with dinosaurs. It's wishful thinking and fantasy for the willfully ignorant and desperate.

Feel free to work on that reading comprehension you seem so fond of. But since you are so concerned with recent archaeological finds and others keeps my up with them, you must have some recent citations handy for us to peruse, right? Or have you got nothing's but contempt to share with the class?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Funny, because C14 is often found in places and concentrations it shouldn't be. So what then, geological stratum? Because everything is the ground is exactly where it fell.........

I'm not saying I believe we interacted with dinosaurs. I'm just saying you're extrapolating a lot of data you lack from what little inconsistent data you have.

edit on 11-9-2017 by StephenLeClaire because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:30 PM
link   

My specialty in the Sciences is Chemistry (and Biochemistry), though I only dabbled with the radio chem (mostly for labeling the Pharmaceuticals I make). You really do not understand half lives do you? It does not matter where things fall. It matters how much time passes. You could put a dinosaur in a block of amber (take that Jurassic Park) and it would still loose its C14 65 million years later. So even if we had biological rather than mineralized remains, we could not date it with Radio Carbon dating. It is as regular as clock work
. Thus if dinosaurs lasted till a few 1000 or so years back. We'd be able to date those. Thus far... no remains. Nil. Nada.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Funny, because C14 is often found in places and concentrations it shouldn't be. So what then, geological stratum? Because everything is the ground is exactly where it fell.........

I'm not saying I believe we interacted with dinosaurs. I'm just saying you're extrapolating a lot of data you lack from what little inconsistent data you have.

Are you aware of the dictum that "One date is no date"? Do you know that nobody uses C-14 past 150 KYA? Are you aware of "callibration"?
You've got some reading to do, but stay keen!

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Shhhh don't scare them off. These types are skittish. Science is a rare animal to them

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden
a reply to: ancienthistorian

NO. No they did not. Until concrete proof, not cirumstantial shows up. The answer is an emphatic No.

It can't be no, that would be arrogant assumption. It can be as yet, not known for certain.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Oh my wow..... Somebody fooled you. You need to go back and learn the truth about radiocarbon dating before our little sidebar goes any further. I understand half lives just fine. Radiocarbon dating, it is WIDELY known has always proven wildly inaccurate no matter what the rest material had been, whether organic or otherwise.

You are far to misinformed about that for me to take anything you have to say seriously. Good day to you.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:36 PM
link   

I am aware of how all of these things prove its inaccuracy. I know exactly how "calibration" works. That's precisely why I don't trust it. Do some homework.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:37 PM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

In that case Dragons, Unicorns, and Elves must be real. We've seen zero evidence for them. Yet we've not checked every where.

If you do the likely explanations for those mythicsl creatures ... I will point out, that is the same as, it was not a dinosaur, but something else (say a large bird) that people saw.

Its not arrogant, it is reasonable, based on the the data. I will reevaluate with new data.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   
No, ancient humans did not "existed" with dinosaurs.

You're welcome.

/thread.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:41 PM
link   

I think it is you who need to relearn neighbor. You claim to be a Druid, yet you don't know "An Fhírinne in aghaidh an tSaoil"

Radiocarbon dating has been shown to be reliable out too anout 50k years. These numbers are fine tuned, thanks to ice cores, letting us know how the levles of C14 varied.

So the onus is on you to disprove C14 being valid. You can't just say "no its crud" and walk away, if you value ""An Fhírinne" Like a Druid would.

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:42 PM
link   

You need to prove why you "do not trust it" and why we should care what you think neighbour. What are your qualifications?

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Noinden

Shhhh don't scare them off. These types are skittish. Science is a rare animal to them

LOL...I came into archaeology from Von Daeniken and Hancock. How many students have been inspired by Indy? It's a lot more fun actually assisting on a dig than attending the University of YouTube...some folks just need a nudge in the right direction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join