It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arrests made after 'Patriot Prayer' rally in Portland, protests continue in Vancouver

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2017 @ 11:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Denoli
So , all our lives we are told to be patriotic to your country of origin.

Than when you try to be patriotic, you get attacked and branded a racist white supremacist.

The USA seems like its lost the plot !

If only USA had a president that said things as it is , but wait YOU HAVE and he gets branded a racist!

Wow America was the leader in everything,
But now you have people just after derailing trump because they don't like him . Even if it means screwing your own country !

I'm from the uk and looked at America and thought you had it good and was jealous of you all .

Now it's just turned into a #show !

originally posted by: Dem0nc1eaner
America's reaction to the Trump presidency has been a complete and utter embarrasment from the point of view of the rest of the world.

I'm from "the rest of the world" by the way and I keep hearing from so many angles, how Trump is an embarrasment, but it's not true, not by a long shot. The rest of the world at worst sees him the same as George W. Someone who probably shouldn't have ended up in the White House, "but hey, that's America for you".

But the reaction to his presidency. The falling over yourselves to denounce him the most. The rabid celebrities. The retarded protests (I would usually try to avoid the word retarded, but really, what other word is there?).

That's the real embarrasment.

You are collectively throwing your country away and it's sad.

Although, to be fair - TRIGGER WARNING!!!! - every country that gained independence from the British crown was eventually destined to fall apart. I thought the US of A was the exception that proved the rule, but I'm not so sure any more!

For both of you, you need to know that most of the county does NOT behave this way, or even think this way. What the MSM is showing is fringe group, that scream and yell, riot, attack people, etc, and demand attention, and a lot of celebs that make fools of themselves, but the average American is just living life, going about their daily business, and enjoying the improvements in the economy. What the MSM calls "flyover country" is most of the country. Most of us really appreciate President Trump.

posted on Sep, 12 2017 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes

No not confused, at all. Pick your poison. "Rallies" are being used to stir people up. They know the protesters wll also show up. Neither side can convince the other-it's all for show and attention.
You seem to be missing the bigger picturen of what is going on in the name of free speech.
The "attendees" are not innoccent. They knew exactly what to expect if they did this. Look a little deeper before you take sides.
There's hardly a victim here-they're both playing a games-public sympathy, press and all. No pity here.

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 02:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: riiver

I'm pretty sure this is why books are slowly being removed from schools curriculums, books and words teach people to think using words, screens not so much.

Not saying you are wrong....but what books are you talking about?
edit on 13-9-2017 by Argus100 because: Typo

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 03:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Argus100

Its been a while since I have been to school myself, my son goes to a primary school, he is mostly taught off a smart screen, which has replaced the blackboard. I cannot name any specific books at this point in time I was generalizing.

There are many schools opting to remove books and have interactive screens in their place, almost all secondary education requires students to work on laptops instead of books, the evidence is all around us.

AS far as banned books go I don't have the time right now to search but a cursory look bring this up...

banned books

posted on Sep, 13 2017 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I have to admit I love my Kindle, but I'm not a fan of the push to do away with print books (I buy my fair share of both print and digital). It's easy to change digital books and costs practically nothing. It's a huge, expensive thing to change information that exits in real paper-and-ink print. Also, with digital changes there's no way to prove the information was ever different. With print, you have print a whole new edition, but the old one is still out there, unchanged.

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: riiver

There is a battle for the mind being waged, it has been for many years and results are now visible and will be refined for years to come....buckle up...

posted on Sep, 14 2017 @ 04:32 AM
link   

For both of you, you need to know that most of the county does NOT behave this way, or even think this way. What the MSM is showing is fringe group, that scream and yell, riot, attack people, etc, and demand attention, and a lot of celebs that make fools of themselves, but the average American is just living life, going about their daily business, and enjoying the improvements in the economy. What the MSM calls "flyover country" is most of the country. Most of us really appreciate President Trump.

I think you hit the nail square on the head there, the issue I see is that the majority of people do no communicate with each other on a personal level, the are communicated through the media and whatever the flavor of the day is, in that way it easy to manipulate and sway segments of the population in a certain direction.

People need to start talking face to face and nut out ideas to go forwards, well either that or the screen will continue to choose the path forwards for us all.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso

No not confused, at all. Pick your poison. "Rallies" are being used to stir people up. They know the protesters wll also show up. Neither side can convince the other-it's all for show and attention.
You seem to be missing the bigger picturen of what is going on in the name of free speech.
The "attendees" are not innoccent. They knew exactly what to expect if they did this. Look a little deeper before you take sides.
There's hardly a victim here-they're both playing a games-public sympathy, press and all. No pity here.

So, your position is that those claiming to be on one side or another are all paid attendees, faking this to push an agenda?

Quite possible. I heard a report from someone who claimed to be there in Charlottesville, who stated that people in what would be opposing groups' attire all got off of the same bus.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 02:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I think you hit the nail square on the head there, the issue I see is that the majority of people do no communicate with each other on a personal level, the are communicated through the media and whatever the flavor of the day is, in that way it easy to manipulate and sway segments of the population in a certain direction.

People need to start talking face to face and nut out ideas to go forwards, well either that or the screen will continue to choose the path forwards for us all.

Talk about hitting the nail on the head!! People don't talk anymore. Even people sitting together at a table will often be glued to mobile devices, and ignoring one another. I love the tech stuff, but it shouldn't be a substitute for real communication! When people actually talk, it's amazing what can happen.

I recall one evening we were waiting in the ER - someone was sick - and waiting also was an elderly couple, both black. This was when O had started all of the racial stuff, and all of us were disgusted by the way that was happening, and didn't understand it. We all saw one another as just people.

posted on Sep, 27 2017 @ 03:24 AM
link   

Even people sitting together at a table will often be glued to mobile devices, and ignoring one another.

Unless one of them finds something funny, then they all crowd around whomever has the device to watch it.

Communication is so very important, I mean face to face communication, as we know 95% odd percent of communications are not actually words, its body language and perception, there is very little room for interpretation when a screen is teaching/telling you what is going on.

edit on 27-9-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join