It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud of Houston

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
After watching the local response to Harvey for days now, I just have to say I have never felt this proud or encouraged by what I've seen there. You people rock.

The civilian helpers have been nothing short of amazing!II Even those being rescued have been unbelievable. How people can smile in the face of such disaster is just plain humbling.

Houston...Texas...and everyone from parts far and wide who rushed down there to help... You have renewed my faith in the decency and wonder that is the United States.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

All you have to do is find something more important than watching TV to forget what the TV is telling you to do.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

No doubt.

Houston has much they can teach the rest of nation.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:48 AM
link   

I agree with your sentiment, but to go a little further...im not even proud of the people there. Im just seeing what humanity is actually about once we have to rely on each other.

Suffering, and love, knows no race. And we all know it, regardless of what gets reported on the news. I see it every day. People, regardless of background and race, going about their day, servicing each other (both for pay and out of courtesy), with no real issues to speak of.

Its just another day in the normal world.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

I agree. All of that is easy to forget.

It is worth stating and repeating.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:25 AM
link   
but it doesnt take long hey.. scumbags like cockroaches.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

Im sure there will be a few more looters shot for looting by homeowners.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: badw0lf

I doubt it will be as widespread as new Orleans.
For various reasons,,,,,click, boom.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

They were also calling in fake rescues and then trying to steal the boats. Shooting at the boats as they took off.

Several have been caught and will be away for the absolute longest time that can be given

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: badw0lf

How can you blame them with wealth inequality at all time highs. The CEO makes in one minute what most people make in a year. Crime should not pay more than honest work.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
I've been watching the local coverage from KHOU since nearly the beginning of this storm. The few bad examples pale in comparison to the overwhelming display of human decency I've seen over these past few days.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I live 1000 mi. away from Houston, but today I took a carload of food, supplies, clothing and blankets down to Matthew 25 Ministries for Houston relief. They are driving large truckloads of relief supplies to Houston every 12 hours.

When I arrived, there was a long line of cars and trucks dropping off supplies for relief efforts. People all over the country are pitching in to help their fellow Americans currently in need in Houston.

Pitch in if you're able...every little bit will make a difference.

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:24 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 29 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Tarzan the apeman.

Yes, it is.

new topics

top topics

join