It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You blinked and missed it. They redfined nationalism as Racists and Nazis.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+25 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:25 PM
link   
I like to think I am an observer. I in general do not get emotional or invested in political issues. Live and let live.

If you want to think your DNA chain is superior to that of another, well that is fine by me. You could even argue biology insists on this trait for survival of a species. Though I would shoot back that there is an argument for rape in biology and it is our onus to push back against biological urges to create a civil society. This has led to isolation of groupings creating a larger us versus them mentality and would suffocate leaving just enough left to remind us where this path eventually leads.

On the other side of things we have the problem of wanting everything done right now. Like a spoiled child trying to get a sibling in trouble having a tantrum for lack of vindication of what they think is right or wrong. They want to force people to like and respect their views and think they are superior that comes from self righteousness. This does not come from an equality stand point but one of vengeance. We felt this way so now we want you to as well.

The globalists are playing you both. This nicely orchestrated series of events was done by trusting the natures of our dark sides both left and right. Like throwing a piece of meat into a pen of hungry dogs. You may not have been in the fight yourself and you may even be standing back in observation, but the person who threw the meat is responsible.

Add to that we cant even get the truth out of our trusted media outlets. They can not seem to give us facts and trust us to come to the right and moral conclusions. They dont trust you to act in their best interests so they have to tell you what facts mean. However, with the dawning of the internet facts are never in short supply. It takes work to weed out the charlatans and demagogues and not just read the articles you agree with and feed that mentality.

Now the globalists have co-oped the term nationalist so that if your against their global agendas you can instantly be labeled a racist and discounted. Much in the way the words "Conspiracy theorist" has been used to shut down complex thought and analysis.

We as a species are caught up in a massive case of Munchhausen disease. We desperately want everyone else to think our race (and we ourselves) have more social barriers to hurdle and that its not our fault for the failures in our lives and carriers. We both want to belittle other races by saying they dont have it as bad or that another race is the cause of my failure.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Hippyfrog

Before DNA there was belief in ideology. They still needed victims to blame though. Racists and supremacists don't know from DNA. The just know skin deep.

The difference between former race hatred and now is science.

Eugenics (belief system) vs. Genetics, (actual forensics).

Who cares about proof, if they look different then they are less than.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:37 PM
link   

We desperately want everyone else to think our race (and we ourselves) have more social barriers to hurdle and that its not our fault for the failures in our lives and carriers. We both want to belittle other races by saying they dont have it as bad or that another race is the cause of my failure.

We do?

Who is we?

Speak for yourself, not anyone else.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Yes nationalism has been defined by our society for quite a while now as racist and backwards. Of course it is a primitive belief compared to the belief that we are all part of the same human family but still the media and establishment do go overboard in their portrayal of nationalism, all though there are usually a lot of undesirables in many nationalist movements.

Just like Isolationism was redefined decades ago to mean your either stupid, selfish or hate the rest of the world.

This is something I disagree with other liberals on, as I believe in representing things accurately and not just on ideology.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Simple, avoid the news. Obama legalized propaganda targeting citizens on us soil.
That shaped the influence I let it have on me.

You choose your own influences.

I am being influenced by the lake today, it is refreshing.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Only one race the human race the sooner we realise this the better.
When the green skinned pigmy aliens of beta 210g invade we can all hate them together in unity.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Could it be that our problem is language. That the words equal or better can not be applied.

If I want a guard dog, that does not make a Shih Tzu a lesser dog then a German Shepard, but the German Shepard is a superior race for the needs.

If I want a smart dog I get an Australian Shepard not a Basset Hound.

All four races of dog are good. All four races will wait for you to get home, will watch tv with their heads in your lap and let you know when something is up.

The problem is dogs dont worry about if they are smart, strong, fast or social. They just are what they are.

Our conscience wont let us accept these ideas. Because if one races is smarter that means one is less smart then all the rest. If one is stronger then there is a race that is weakest. And who wants to be known as dumb, weak, or lacking social values compared to everyone else.

It didn't take science for us to know a Australian Shepherd is one of the smartest breeds, but science can allow us to prove it.

In the end maybe we should just worry about being the best we can be. While this mean we probably wont see many Saint Bernards in a dog race. It does mean there would be more available for rescue patrols.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Nationalism is not the same thing as White Nationalism.

Unfortunately, there was a mix of both that propelled Trump to victory, and it was most definitely White Nationalism on display in Charlottesville.

Also, it doesn't help that many of those who self-identify as straight nationalists have adopted white nationalists belief, like suspicion of Muslims, obsession with how different races are treated in the media, preference for Christians over non-Christians, distrust of foreigners, broad-brush suspicion of Mexicans.

So if there's any confusion about the two terms, it's largely because their ideals are mixing readily within the GOP base.
edit on 20-8-2017 by Dudemo5 because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

You have a guy getting stabbed because of a hair cut.
You have a politician hoping Trump gets assassinated.
You have thousands marching against free speech.
You have even more eliminating statues and anything they deem offensive.

The left has gone full retard.

They'll define freedom as communism next. Bunch of god-damned authoritarian assholes.

Let them implode in their own soiled crap-filled lives.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What is new in all this? These things happened before, just now we are focusing our attention on it.

It is my honest belief that the world is better then it has ever been, but life is still hard and as a people we want someone else to blame.

I would really like to see some unbiased numbers on say percentage of violence compared to population density of say early 1900s and today. Is there really more violence or do we just hear about every single outrageous thing now. What was once just local news is now world wide in minutes. So those 3 inbred white guys living in a cabin who kill someone of color, while an anomaly, tragic and evil, does not represent the truth. even 50 years ago this might have got local coverage and a 2nd or 3rd page story on national then gone. Now it is the basis to start riots instead of taking the 3 yocals and executing or imprisoning them.

Someone finish the credit on the quote for me "Dog bites man is not a news story, Man bites dog is." Our news is the aberrations not the norm only now with dense populations and unlimited potential for news coverage due to the internet perhaps we have begun to think the aberrations are the norm.

What would happen if we all just stayed home. Took care of our families. Improved our local neighborhood. And worried more about the elderly woman down the street who needs help with her chores and company to talk to. We need to stop thinking big and think small to make big change.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hippyfrog

What would happen if we all just stayed home. Took care of our families. Improved our local neighborhood. And worried more about the elderly woman down the street who needs help with her chores and company to talk to. We need to stop thinking big and think small to make big change.

That was very wise.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   

You blinked and missed it. They redfined nationalism as Racists and Nazis.

The globalist? Who exactly are the globalist? This term gets thrown around alot, especially by the likes of Alex Jones and I have a hard time taking him seriously.

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

What's a globalist ?

Communists that think we are citizens of the earth and demagogue nationalism to push a completely authoritarian ideology to control the air,land,water, and every resource contained there in. Then create bullsnip taxation like taxing the air we breathe to redistribute wealth for whatever sacred cow they created.

That's what a globalist is.

A NEOCON.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You have a guy getting stabbed because of a hair cut.
You have a politician hoping Trump gets assassinated.
You have thousands marching against free speech.
You have even more eliminating statues and anything they deem offensive.

The left has gone full retard.

They'll define freedom as communism next. Bunch of god-damned authoritarian assholes.

Let them implode in their own soiled crap-filled lives.

But ... the guy who killed the girl at the Charlottesville Putsch was an individual, right?

Can't judge a whole group of people by one or two nuts, right?

Just because there were Nazis there doesn't mean that everyone there was a Nazi, right?

But ... three folks on the fringe on "the other side" means everyone you define as "the left" is full retard.

Glad to see standards are applied so evenly.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

But ... the guy who killed the girl at the Charlottesville Putsch was an individual, right?

Had he been muslim they'd call it a lone wolf attack.

Glad to see standards are applied so evenly

They sure weren't now was they?
edit on 20-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mandroid7

Simple, avoid the news. Obama legalized propaganda targeting citizens on us soil.
That shaped the influence I let it have on me.

You choose your own influences.

I am being influenced by the lake today, it is refreshing.

What authorization are you speaking of?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
Yes nationalism has been defined by our society for quite a while now as racist and backwards. Of course it is a primitive belief compared to the belief that we are all part of the same human family but still the media and establishment do go overboard in their portrayal of nationalism, all though there are usually a lot of undesirables in many nationalist movements.

Just like Isolationism was redefined decades ago to mean your either stupid, selfish or hate the rest of the world.

This is something I disagree with other liberals on, as I believe in representing things accurately and not just on ideology.

No Nationalism has not been defined by society as racist. It has been defined by those against nation states as being racist.
There is nothing even remotely racist about nationalism - many races can claim to be, and would be supported fully by society as being, American, or British or French, etc.

Race has nothing to do with nationality - except to people living in the distant past.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:58 PM
link   
a reply to: [post=22585312]olaru12[/post

Your right people throw the term around willy nilly without thinking of its meaning.

There is a way of thought that we as a people need to be managed, like sheep. That the smart well connected families could make a better world if only we would listen to them. Sounds good right, a world society all working in harmony. Replacing our tendency to support family first, then community, then state, nation and world. I wont argue for or against the merits of this as that could take a lifetime.

The problem is, there are people who believe this idea is so sacred that no one nation, peoples, or sect is beneath sacrificing to make this idea a reality. Like the Templars who believed oppressing the masses was due to their right by god, the globalists believe their agenda gives them the right to do anything. Of course the globalists own family are above reproach and should never be sacrificed.

To build their world they need control and dispassionate decision making ability without judgement. So they will use "whats in the best interest of society and yourself." as the excuse to take your skills from you and sell them back in the form of a license. They cant let you say have an apple orchard and sell apples to people who walk by as they can not track this and allows for pockets of resistance and an economy can grow they have no control over.

Globalism is a Cabal of bankers and politicians whose whole purpose is to make you think and do what they want.

HOWEVER, it is an ideology that makes us worry about the big picture and not the old woman down the street. Hey someone will do something if I dont right? The government will take care of her right? They will do the right thing and put her in a elderly community so I dont have to see her, but of course they take care of all the elderly at these places.....right?

Globalism is the gentrification of choice for the common good.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
a reply to: Gryphon66

They sure weren't now was they?

Explain please. Because the fine line the Right is walking of war is between ignorance and arrogance at this stage.

People are fed up with those of you that are asses, simply to be asses, and know you are asses.

So you're saying you condone violence with uneven 'standards' with that smug remark? Can you please be more specific about that comment? Or add some substance to your opinion of that doesn't make you look content with certain misfortune happening to some, but not others?
edit on 20-8-2017 by Who2Trust because: (no reason given)

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 04:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Who2Trust

Explain please

I can't believe this needs to be explained.

Here it comes.,

For eight years of revisionist language and ignoring TERRORISM, and screaming you can't judge an entire group of people by the actions of the few(muslims).

It only took a few months to blame the entire group for the actions of the one(charlottesville).

EPIC hypocrisy.
edit on 20-8-2017 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join