It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why don't we demand the us government mine bitcoin and use it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
What better way of draining the swamp then cutting their money supply off at the source.

The US could develop huge mining operations and keep what they mine for taxes.
The government would have no way of controlling the economy, encryption protects them from stealing from us.

The rest of the world could follow and have a decentralized world economy.

The main reason you don't hear much about bitcoin is due to that same media that is starting a racewar. The uber rich financial institutions that control everything, which control the media. Let's cut ties with the bamksters and government. Anybody lobbying against it would instantly label themselves as the enemy of the people.

Would this be possible? Thoughts?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Go and try to pay your mortgage or buy groceries at Ingle's with it. Come back and let me know how that turned out for you. Now , imagine that on a world scale....

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:05 AM
link   
You can use it some places, this wouldn't happen overnight others would follow, including lenders and grocery stores. You can use it at a couple places like Starbucks.a reply to: Gothmog

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:35 AM
link   
What makes you think the US government isnt mining bitcoin?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Good point, so what would happen when bitcoin starts deflating the dollar to the point that the banks start getting desperate and backed into a corner? I hope they are secretly doing because one that bell is rang it can't be unrang. If the us invests a lot in mining then the US couldn't ban it, thus stabilizing crypto currency. a reply to: Lucidparadox

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Bitcoin is one of the biggest breakthroughs in economic technology and could do something to a civilization that's never been done before and I feel ikr nobody is all that impressed, it's sad.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I think that might crash bitcoins price ... if they told anyone that is

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I think it would significantly increase trust and more people would buy it, raising the value. a reply to: markovian

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: bananashooter

That's like bored parents stealing their childrens' fidget spinners.

You made fun of it until you want to play with it. # off, mom.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Abysha That's fine I hope that they do.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:19 AM
link   

If we are going to be making demands,lets have a better list first.

How bout we demand they learn how to manage the money we already give them first??
Lets demand all Veterans get treated better and politicians be less greasy and more honest,while we are making demands.

Why would you demand the Government get more bullyish than it already is??

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
Good point, so what would happen when bitcoin starts deflating the dollar to the point that the banks start getting desperate and backed into a corner? I hope they are secretly doing because one that bell is rang it can't be unrang. If the us invests a lot in mining then the US couldn't ban it, thus stabilizing crypto currency. a reply to: Lucidparadox

Thats what Im saying, you can bet your ass the US gov has bitcoin as an insurance policy

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Why would they do that when someone can go the their keyboard and "create" US Dollars in accounts?

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Bitcoin I have yet to really know what it is that keeps going up in value, I have no idea what bitcoin is. My understanding is its just binary numbers or numbers on a screen that has no value at all, the only value I see is the ones that made this up. And how many said you can't print money. Is that what bitcoin is. Is it a world wide currency that does not change its value in other lands, and really why does 1$ value more than the dollar itself.

sorry Bitcoin I sould read up on it, but I see no value in doing so.

So what really is it

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:38 AM
link   
a reply to: lotusrose This is exactly the problem, most people get bored trying to figure it up out and don't ever think of it again. If you understand what it is and what it means you would see why it's so incredible! I will continue to rise and no country will ban it or put too many sanctions because it will make their fiat look weak.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:40 AM
link   
They wouldn't want it but the people hold the power. If we all focused on bitcoin and stopped fighting we would all be better off.a reply to: infolurker

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 01:58 AM
link   
.BTC has a cap:

How Does Bitcoin's Market Cap Stack Up Next to Gold, the S&P 500, and U.S. Dollar?

Bitcoin vs. the U.S. dollar

Lastly, let's take a look at how bitcoin stacks up next to the currency it'd ultimately like to make go extinct -- the U.S. dollar.

According to figures from the St. Louis Federal Reserve as of July 2017, the monetary base was nearly $3.8 trillion, including coins and deposits. The monetary base has increased more than fourfold from the Great Recession, and it's currently about 55 times larger than that of bitcoin, even after bitcoin's enormous run.
Continued at Source

.Establishments can't profit the same from it:

Let's cut ties with the bamksters and government. Anybody lobbying against it would instantly label themselves as the enemy of the people.
Basically: Not gonna happen.
For example Trump hired and probably will hire more Goldman Sachs bankers.
Plus, Trump’s Son-in-Law/ Top Advisor see Soros, Goldman Sachs Ties.

.Digital currency is big Conspiracy Theorist fear- NWO control with digital chips along with the digital currency.

.Lastly, would just ruin the idea of it.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: bananashooter
Let's cut ties with the bamksters and government.

Banksters and governments are part of what's helping move Bitcoin and Alt-Coins into the mainstream.

ETA: I still don't love the types of banksters or politicians you refer to!

edit on 8-20-2017 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Because the central banks don't control the issue, lending and usury from that form of currency.

It isn't tangible either (can't be held in the hand) and isn't intrinsic; If they turned off the internet the 'value' would evaporate.

The banks prefer to issue 'notes' not actual money (coined from gold, silver, nickel and copper).

Bitcoin is digital, doomed to be squashed like so many other 'currencies'. But is useful for the time being to escape taxes on purchases from the internet.

posted on Aug, 20 2017 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Bitcoin is love. Bitcoin is life. The bastards in the govt should be mining it but the majority of mining is happening at mining farms in China. If anything - crypto will allow another country to establish a big holding in a future monetary system because the usgov is literally incompenent and will fight change until it is needed like Henry Ford.

To the naysayers - bitcoin is more real than the current fiat system as it cannot be printed at whim and is therefore naturally deflaionary. It has already begun. The dollar is getting slaughtered by value of cryptocurrency. Something like -600% currently in 6 months.

Check back in a decade when fiat is a state centralized cryptocurrency and people are sad they did not buy in.

That all being said - the citizens of the US can demand anything they want but have little to no power in making said demands be followed..especially this one.
edit on 20-8-2017 by lightedhype because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join