It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four suspects dead as police foil ANOTHER terror plot miles from Barcelona

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Title from the article.
I'm amazed this hasn't been posted yet. I'm on mobile, so please excuse formatting errors.
It seems police foiled what they believe to be a second attack, killing up to four in shoot out in the streets of Cambrils, a little over 60 miles from Barcelona.
link to Express

Catalan police confirmed they killed multiple "perpetrators of a terrorist attack" in the town.

A spokeswoman said that officers shot dead four perpetrators and injured one more during the counter-terror raid.

There were reports on social media of the sound of gunfire ringing out in the popular Costa Dorada tourist spot.

Bystanders could be seen running for cover and several gunshots heard in footage posted on social media that appeared to have been filmed on the town's beachfront promenade.

This is unbelievable, I'm left wondering if there will be more action in the coming days. Let's hope not, and be happy they got these guys before they were successful.

ETA: additional links.
ABC
The Guardian
NY Post
edit on 8 17 2017 by MDpvc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:22 PM
link   
a reply to: MDpvc

Good riddance. Bury them in pigskin and throw in a dog carcass for good measure. I'm glad that they foiled there plans just in time. This reminds me of the MO in Paris and the attack on Bataclan. First you distract people with coordinated attacks and than you go for the real target.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   

I'm left wondering if there will be more action in the coming days.

Days..? There will be more action for years to come.

Those in charge of Global Social Engineering have a long term Road Map, and there are several iterations to go.

Maybe the rise of an American Jihad could stop it, but I won't hold my breath.

One can always dream though...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

There's reports on Twitter that that 7 people are dead. Also that the would be attackers were wearing vests, and seemed to be heading to a bear by concert. Sound familiar? I can't find an official source for this though, just A few different tweeters.

a reply to: BestinShow

Of course there will be more in the coming years, it will never stop. If it's no ISIS it's the Taliban, or the IRA, or some disgruntled kid in Oklahoma, or Aum Shinrikyo.
I'm wondering if there is more cells in Spain, right now, that are part of this plot, that will be carringing out more attacks in the next couple days-a week.

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   
The police will perform controlled demolitions on the "vests".

Univision is live I think at the scene or nearby www.pscp.tv...

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: BestinShow

Jihadi Joe...

edit on 17-8-2017 by hopenotfeariswhatweneed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: MDpvc

There were reports on social media of the sound of gunfire ringing out in the popular Costa Dorada tourist spot.

Bystanders could be seen running for cover and several gunshots heard in footage posted on social media that appeared to have been filmed on the town's beachfront promenade.

This is unbelievable, I'm left wondering if there will be more action in the coming days. Let's hope not, and be happy they got these guys before they were successful.

^^^^Really^^^^

How can it be unbelievable??? open borders .... openly landing on beaches and

disappearing.

Its not even subtle - Its an open incursion.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:11 AM
link   
The police also say they now belive the house that exploded 2 days ago killing 1 injuring 7 was a bomb making house and not a gas explosion.

So if there was 8 in this house (1 dead 7 hurt) another 5 in the foiled attack this thread is about
And the attacker (s) from the original

Thats about 15 - 16 terrorists

It looks like things could have been a whole lot worse

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Just breaking: the suicide vests are fake, as we seen in london recently.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 02:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

But the Police bullets weren't....

Go Team Spain.....set up some 50 cals on the beaches, and blast them before they even hit the shore next time.

Dump them back in the ME or Africa.

Anyway, love your avatar...Time Machine 1960...Rod Taylor...an Australian....if you didnt already know (like Errol Flynn)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Did you read about the house which blew up? Apparently 20 bottles of butane gas were in the house and presumably for something mich larger scale in Barcelona.. maybe a football match between Barcelona & another team or maybe those vans were supposed to be filled with these bottles but something went wrong??

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Heres a BBC article with more info. According to authorities they did the same things as the other group. The 5th suspect is dead now too.

Spanish police say they have shot dead five suspected terrorists in the town of Cambrils in a second vehicle attack, hours after another in Barcelona killed 13 people and injured dozens.

Police said the men were linked to the Barcelona attack, which so-called Islamic State said it had carried out.

Seven people, including a police officer, were wounded when a car was driven into them early on Friday, Catalan emergency services said. One later died in hospital.

The attackers' vehicle overturned and when the men got out they were quickly fired upon by police, media say. One was reportedly brandishing a knife.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: kamatty

Can anybody explain to me the purpose of fake suicide vests?

----------------------------

www.dailymail.co.uk...
...Fitzroy Davies, from Wolverhampton, described how police gunned down one of the Cambrils attackers but he got up again and started 'ranting and raving'.
He said: 'He must have been on drugs. He was taunting, smiling, laughing and he carried on walking to the police, and then they gave it to him again, a couple more shots and then he fell to the ground'.

IF the jihadis were on some sort of super-drug then this is a sign they were victims of mind-control, IMO.

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Another terror strike happening right now in Finland

Info just about to pour in. This is the state news site:
Yle News

Allah akpar was screamed, guy stabbed several people including a mother with a child, from back.
edit on 18-8-2017 by John0101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: starviego

Whoa. They do use drugs pretty often. They victims of the beheading videos are often heavily sedated on heroin/opium so to make it easier. That's why they look so calim, and don't really put up a fight.
What that witness recalls sounds a hell of a lot like PCP, but that's a very strong hallucinagen. I can't see them being very useful under the influence of it, but then again maybe that's why they failed so quickly.
As for the fake vests, I would imagine just a deterrent. I can't see many people charging at someone with a suicide vest on. As long as everyone thinks it's real it's probably a pretty good security measure, to stop a person/group of people apprehending you.

a reply to: John0101

Thanks for the heads up, I'm at work, in a poor cell service area, it's a little difficult to stay on top of everything.
That's horrible, lets keep our fingers crossed that there isn't another dozen of them like in Spain.
edit on 8 18 2017 by MDpvc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 18 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Notice how the countries which have a liberal refugee policy has to deal with these Muslim extremist attacks. European countries with very stringent immigration policies like Poland, Hungary, etc. don't. Gee, what (who) is the common denominator for this crap?

new topics

top topics

join