It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When exactly were all these Confederate monuments put up???

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I refuse to waste my time spellchecking his name.
Just think though world peace through mutual hatred of berber.
Like our guy fawkes night for years to come we come be tearing down and burning effigies of berber.
I'd like to teach the world to burn a berber effigy! (sang to I would like to teach song).

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: kruphix

originally posted by: notsure1
Whats funny is the left is so much more racist then the right. They even elect mayors that say I hate white people.

They are so blind they cant even see how racist they are.

Keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better.

So...about these statues that were put in place during times that blacks were fighting for their rights. What do you think the reasoning behind the White people in the South had for putting these up during those times????

Are you allright with what ISIS is doing as far as destroying monuments and history? Just curious.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:11 PM
link   
If we living in such a racist country why are white people not tearing down all the MLK monuments?

edit on 16-8-2017 by notsure1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: kruphix

The 15th Amendment was ratified at the beginning of 1870......over 50 years before your first "spike"

Get your facts right first, then you can twist them to suit your needs.

Also: Civil Rights Movement happened during the centennial of the Civil War: So you can cherry pick which one was the cause I guess.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   

a reply to: theantediluvian

Thanks for providing the historical facts...amazing that some want to rewrite history.

Seems like none of them want to talk about why the majority of these Confederate monuments were put in place during two periods of time of racial tensions.

I told you why at least some of them were put up, last confederate soldier died in 1959, their sons and daughters were still alive, maybe they wanted to honor their fathers, or uncles or cousins.

this much like the civil war cannot be distilled down to just Racism and slavery argle bargle, it played a part no doubt but it was not the end all be all of why the fighting happened or the statues were put up.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Holy meltdown. What are you talking about?

MAKE their OWN churches instead of INVADING and demanding like the rest of the faiths AND the Christian faith have done time and time again ,WE don't allow bible rewrites for buggering .

I couldn't care less about your imaginary friends or anyone else's. I will however defend your right to believe in them and worship them as you see fit as long as you're not harming anyone else (who isn't a concerning adult — remember your safe word!).

And neither could the laws of the United States of America or the various jurisdictions beneath them. There is no law that says your church cannot exclude homosexuals. Is there?

Nor is there anyone (well maybe somebody, somewhere but no popular movement) trying to convince you to rewrite your bible. So take your already rewritten bible (derp) and exclude on friend. Just don't try to use it as a justification to deny people their right to be equal citizens in our society.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Keep trying to obfuscate by omission, its ME I know better I was RECON and you are but a computer whiz.get over it....
www.amazon.com...
edit on 16-8-2017 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I have attempted to understand that post also.
Is it bourbon?.
Maybe if he didn't TYPE in CAPITALS every OTHER word he would get his point across BETTER.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:56 PM
link   

If you listen to a lot of the members on here, Confederate statues and monuments are nothing more than "historical" pieces of art. They deny that these statues have any racial connotations and it is just the South remembering their history.

However, let's look at a timeline of when these were put into place:
Source
Larger Picture

Interesting...seems like the majority of these statues and monuments were erected long after the Civil War was over. Also interesting, it seems like there are two distinctive spikes in the graph...I wonder what those two spikes coincide with???

1st Spike (early 1900's): This occurred in the early 1900's...right after Blacks were given the right to vote by the 15th amendment. Also during this time was the era of Jim Crow laws and legalized segregation thanks to "separate but equal" from the Plessy v. Ferguson Supreme Court decision.

2nd Spike (1954 - 1968): Hmmm...what was happening during this time? Oh right...the Civil Rights movement. No why would Southerns all of a sudden become interested in the Confederacy at this time???

Funny how the two major times in history that the South wanted to remember their "heritage" were in times of major racial events in our history. Blacks are given the right to vote...time to remember the Confederacy. Blacks want Civil Rights...time to remember the Confederacy.

For anyone to sit there and claim these statues and monuments are only there as innocent historical markers...you are flat out lying to yourselves.

To "remember the south" or "honor the confederacy" is to honor racism. When Southerners talk about their "heritage" when honoring the Confederacy...it is simply a round about way of them honoring racism and wanting to return to a time when it was legal and common.

After all, in the Confederacy's Cornerstone Speech given by the Confederate Vice President Alexander Stephens:

Our new government is founded upon exactly this idea; its foundations are laid, its corner-stone rests, upon the great truth that the negro is not equal to the white man; that slavery subordination to the superior race, is his natural and normal condition. This, our new government, is the first, in the history of the world, based upon this great physical, philosophical, and moral truth.

So if you want to run around here claiming you just want to preserve "history"...just remember you are wanting to preserve racism.

True story. And from I understand, the confederate flag was ALSO pulled out of the trunk during the civil rights movement. There's not a lot of ambiguity there.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Dudemo5

Is it also not the actual confederate flag?.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Somebody wrote a gay bible? Well praise gay Jesus! Hallelujah!

What is your point? People can write whatever bibles they want. Is it showing up in your local place of worship? Are you being forced to buy it? Read it? Believe anything in it?

You are aware of the whole Protestant movement thing right? Exactly how many different versions of the bible do you think are in use by various Christian faiths already?

The ironic thing here is that you clearly feel victimized by somebody writing a version of the bible for their own purposes. As though, they need your approval and not getting it is an attack on you. That's ironic but it's not even the most ironic part of all this.

Were you cheering along when Trump was yammering about Jefferson and Washington? Guess who else wrote his own version of the bible?

Jefferson Bible

The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth, commonly referred to as the Jefferson Bible, refers to one of two religious works constructed by Thomas Jefferson. The first, The Philosophy of Jesus of Nazareth, was completed in 1804, but no copies exist today.[1] The second, The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazareth, was completed in 1820 by cutting and pasting with a razor and glue numerous sections from the New Testament as extractions of the doctrine of Jesus. Jefferson's condensed composition is especially notable for its exclusion of all miracles by Jesus and most mentions of the supernatural, including sections of the four gospels that contain the Resurrection and most other miracles, and passages that portray Jesus as divine

edit on 2017-8-16 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

You are correct, sir.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Slavery is behind me when I learned the FIRST time I was CLEAR about the evil in the sixtes at about 8.
It is not present LEGALLY today ,so I could careless, Blacks are better off HERE anyway, (the morons who hate America),or they would FLOCK back to their initial origins.
WE stopped it I take comfort in that.
I was in the 7th Cav you wanna bitch about indians and defame THAT too?
My Apache track mate will LAUGH if I show him you do...and THAT is the point WE GOT over it .
Now it's a TOOL for attack on our values paid for by foreign provocateurs to take down our country from the inside and I won't let you semantically alter it to mean otherwise.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Combat flag of attack from the battles and THE CAPS are for emphasis not yelling ...you'll get used it.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Can anyone translate?.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: testingtesting

Apparently NOT by an unread liberal or Alnski fans...Not that I do it for slower types who get hung up on semantics...I WAS Cav so that flavors it all...

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Nope sorry can't understand you at all.
Oh well nevermind.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: testingtesting

Nope, it's the "battle flag." Hint, hint.. Meant to intimidate much?..

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
I WAS Cav so that flavors it all...

Are you saying everyone in the Air Cavalry speaks in the same way?

I don't think that's accurate. Take Colonel Kilgore for instance, I even know what his favorite aroma happens to be since he is such a clear communicator.

posted on Aug, 16 2017 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Why do we care about monuments?

Zen and Christianity teach us to not be attached to the material world. In the grand scheme of things a monument doesn't mean anything. Your attachment to it or to the removal of it shows your ignorance.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join