It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Know How, But It's Getting Worse

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+7 more 
posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I just caught a blip about this story on the TV and did a quick Google on it. Yep, it's true.

Montclair State University fired Kevin Allred, who previously gained prominence for teaching a course on Beyoncé, after the professor said Friday “I wish someone would just shoot [Trump] outright,” according to Twitchy.

Now that's old hat by now. Some crazy professor makes an asinine political statement because his widdle bitty feelings got hurted, and gets himself fired. Yawn. But look again:

Montclair State University fired Kevin Allred, who previously gained prominence for teaching a course on Beyoncé, after the professor said Friday “I wish someone would just shoot [Trump] outright,” according to Twitchy.

Anyone see it now?

His claim to fame was being a fanboy? And he is called a professor? People pay him money to teach them about a singer?

What was his research? No, no, no... not gonna go there...

And there's more:

“So FYI…Montclair State has fired me before I even started teaching there,” said Allred on Twitter Friday night. “When universities cave to basic conservative political pressure like this, they’re firmly taking a side.”

“It’s funny cuz [sic] in my interview [Montclair State was] super excited about me being young, hip, and calling out power. Guess not in practice, huh?” continued the professor. “This was all after they promised me work & had me spend weeks creating syllabi for classes they wanted me to teach. Very classy, Montclair.”

Firing someone for making a public death threat is now "caving in"? Making the death threat is "classy"? Teaching people about a pop star is considered a prominent position?

I'm sorry, there is just so much wrong with this guy... maybe it's because he shares a last name with Gloria? Maybe he was raised in a parallel universe? Maybe he's just criminally insane?

But whatever his excuse, the fact that there even is a college course on Beyonce should scare the BeJesus out of anyone.

No offense to Beyonce... I hear she sings pretty good.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Threatening a sitting President of the US is a crime, however it is done. It was with Clinton, Bush, Obama and now Trump.

I'm not crazy about what "liberal arts" has become either, but I'm guessing that the argument would be made that Beyonce is a "cultural phenomenon" and thus, for those who study culture ... relevant to something.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:32 PM
link   
While I agree with what you are posting here..

I must show you the error of your ways when it comes to Beyonce"

Please look at these..Obviously, someone needs to teach a class on what this creature might be..LOL

www.dailydot.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Thanks for pointing this out as I missed it. I just read today that a one year Masters in Journalism cost $147 thousand. 147 thousand...and we have all seen what classes in Journalism are spawning recently. It's sad...North Korea doesn't have to nuke us back to the stone age...just wait while we send ourselves there and then just pick up the pieces

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I wonder how many credit hours a class on Beyonce is worth?? Also, how much would the student be wasting, I mean spending to sit in it? I am sure it would provide the student with some relevant life skills.

/sarc (just in case you were not sure)

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Beyoncé looked awesome in Goldmember IMHO.

That being said...

Personally I don't care what people say. I know that as bad as it is and I don't agree with it I doubt seriously that most anyone that makes a statement like that will not act on it. I would just take it with a grain of salt and drive on about my day.

But a Professor of Beyoncé?? Being taught in an actual college??

I just have to do a really big forehead slap on that one. Straight up madness and don't even know what to say...

So I guess I will take it with a grain of salt and drive on with my day...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I'll let Beyonce sum it up for me!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:39 PM
link   

That poor, poor victim.

How dare he be held responsible for his actions!

I will say this however, don't hate they guy for playing the system. If I could teach folks how little I know and make a career out of it, just try and stop me!

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Do we think about it or just give up ....or

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
Threatening a sitting President of the US is a crime, however it is done. It was with Clinton, Bush, Obama and now Trump.

I'm not crazy about what "liberal arts" has become either, but I'm guessing that the argument would be made that Beyonce is a "cultural phenomenon" and thus, for those who study culture ... relevant to something.

I work at a university in Liberal arts (Theater to be specific), I'm staff not faculty.
If the department I work with is any indication, it is far worse than you realize.
The students I interact with would welcome a class on Beyonce, and might receive a better education because of it, than their current curriculum.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I mentioned how ridiculous a class on Beyoncé was to the college class I attend.

Everyone agreed and went back to their graduate work on Taylor Swift.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

I mentioned how ridiculous a class on Beyoncé was to the college class I attend.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: baddmove

My God man! Now I hope and pray she sings pretty good, because that's... just... scary...

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:52 PM
link   
What makes Beyoncé so special? Why not teach about Freddy Mercury and his fight against Aids or Jennifer Lopez and her struggle in the hood never mind she lied about that. Hmm who could be next? Miley Cyrus? Katy Perry? Come to think of it we never discussed celebrities in the 90's not even in music class. No wait we learned everything about the white supremacists like Mozart,Bach and Wagner. This timeline is just weird.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I'd love a job like that when I could enlarge on Britney's Spires...and the rationale for that.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Well, let's look at what passes for "knowledge" in today's society. Is it any surprise that there are professors whose "expertise" is in Beyonce or Kim Kardashian? Those are people and topics deemed "important" in today's society.

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 08:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

I'd love a job like that when I could enlarge on Britney's Spires...and the rationale for that.

Such a course exists:

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

Wonder if they have a grant for that?

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

I'm guessing that the argument would be made that Beyonce is a "cultural phenomenon" and thus, for those who study culture ... relevant to something.

I don't know, maybe the students can get a job with the Paparazzi after they graduate?

It's nice to agree with you on something for a change, Gryph... even if it is something so... so...

...I think I ran out of words to describe it. Idiocritatious?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 11 2017 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Some of these colleges and classes are flat out jokes.
I see Liberal Arts and wonder why there is even a credit hour charge. Should be free to obtain that worthless degree.

Sorry. Rant over.
Go to school to get educated.
Not to continue indoctrination or SJW classes.

This "Professor" should be charged.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join