It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Than 1.1 Million Fewer Americans on Food Stamps Under Trump

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kettu
a reply to: seasonal

People are saying the number of people on SNAP is down under Trump like he's somehow responsible for it.

Trump is not responsible for this.

The numbers were already dropping under Obama.

You are right.

This is merely a trend from Obamas end of term that is continuing, arguably accelerating.

But credit where credit is due, it started under Obama.

I hope this is a good trend that continues regardless of who is responsible, and the people that were on those stamps are making a living through jobs now.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: carewemust

Aren't illegals already in the underground econ?

No need. Dem admin loved them. Told you how the govt helped us hook them up to obamacare.

Republicans until the last 10 years or so loved illegal immigrants. Cheap labor = more profit for private industry.

Go back and watch GOP presidential debates.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 09:59 PM
link   
I don't care who it's under. Dependence on government is a death trap.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   

No need. Dem admin loved them. Told you how the govt helped us hook them up to obamacare.

Republicans until the last 10 years or so loved illegal immigrants. Cheap labor = more profit for private industry.

Man you are on a roll, two in a row I agree with you on.

This is true, the Republicans gave lio service to controlling immigration, but liked cheap labor, and did nothing.

This is one of the reasons Trump, who focused on this issue, won the primary.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

Well, we can only hope the trend continues.

It's not easy for some people to admit they need help from the government when times get tough.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Trump wouldnt mind if they didnt commit so many crimes. It would have never been a campaign issue.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Well, it looks like some people kept their word and left the country after Trump's election.

Hollywood, it's your turn.

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:00 PM
link   
CBO, so accurate.

a reply to: Kettu

posted on Aug, 7 2017 @ 11:04 PM
link   

And how many dropped off SNAP the last 9 months of Obama's administration?

Let's be honest with the numbers here.

and call it what it is - "more people starving in the US".

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 01:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: FyreByrd

"Starving". There is SO MUCH help for the hungry in the US. No one is starving.

What if they aren't starving? What if they found some upward mobility and moved passed needing assistance? Isn't that what welfare is for?

Why are you measuring the success of public assistance by how many people use it, rather than how few?
edit on 8 8 17 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Probably none,only ones complaining are deadbeats

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Probably none,only ones complaining are deadbeats

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 02:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn

originally posted by: FyreByrd

"Starving". There is SO MUCH help for the hungry in the US. No one is starving.

What if they aren't starving? What if they found some upward mobility and moved passed needing assistance? Isn't that what welfare is for?

Why are you measuring the success of public assistance by how many people use it, rather than how few?

So much food thrown away in this country just due to "I don't want to eat the same thing 2 days in a row.", "My family doesn't like to eat leftovers" and this isn't just from those who work or those who have wealth, I see this attitude with people I know who are on food stamps!

I used to hustle shooting billiards and I sold my pool table to a friend of mine, (divorce) and he put the table in his garage. I used to go and hang out and shoot and towards the end of every month, 2 or 3 people would show up with coolers full of steaks they bought with their food stamps trying to make some cash. Let me just say this! "We had some good BBQ's"!
edit on 8-8-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Typical Trump propaganda, peddling fake news again...

SNAP use has already been decreasing, and it had nothing to do with Trump:

SNAP caseloads began falling in 2014 and continued falling in 2015. SNAP caseload growth slowed substantially in 2012 and 2013, and caseloads fellby about 2 percent in 2014 and another 2 percent in 2015. For more than two years, fewer people have participated in SNAP each month than in the same month one year earlier. The number of people receiving SNAP has fallen by 2.6 million people since peaking in December 2012.[4] In 42 states, the number of SNAP participants was lower in December 2015 than in December 2012.[5]

Source

But typical Trumpism -- take credit and ride on the coat tails of someone/something else. Take something that you didn't have anything to do with and take credit for it.

LOL! that so called think tank is so far left and they also are well known to completely fabricate or manipulate data so that it skews the reality of what any particular data is being shown to represent, so that it favors their own very liberal and biased views.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:21 AM
link   
"More Than 1.1 Million Fewer Americans.." that's not very good English.

1.1 million reduction out of a population of 326 million equals almost no change.

Out of 42.7 Million would mark a 2.6% change. Not too remarkable.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 08:23 AM
link   
It was ALLLLLLL Obama!

****************************************************************************************

quote]originally posted by: nOraKat
"More Than 1.1 Million Fewer Americans.." that's not very good English.

1.1 million reduction out of a population of 326 million equals almost no change.

Out of 42.7 Million would mark a 2.6% change. Not too remarkable.

So a "little" good is NO good???????? Talk about half empty. Sheesh. Give credit where credit is due.
edit on 8-8-2017 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Obama had 8 years to get these numbers to drop, and for people to say the last few months in office they started to drop, and now Trump is taking credit, is absurd. Obama did nothing for Americans IMO.

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Aye but does that not just mean TPTB might just stopped handing out food stamps to 1.1 million fewer people?

Hardly proves conclusively that those 1.1 million people no longer require assistance or are now in any a better position than they were before or that they are even any longer in the U.S for that matter.
edit on 8-8-2017 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Typical Trump propaganda, peddling fake news again...

SNAP use has already been decreasing, and it had nothing to do with Trump:

SNAP caseloads began falling in 2014 and continued falling in 2015. SNAP caseload growth slowed substantially in 2012 and 2013, and caseloads fellby about 2 percent in 2014 and another 2 percent in 2015. For more than two years, fewer people have participated in SNAP each month than in the same month one year earlier. The number of people receiving SNAP has fallen by 2.6 million people since peaking in December 2012.[4] In 42 states, the number of SNAP participants was lower in December 2015 than in December 2012.[5]

Source

But typical Trumpism -- take credit and ride on the coat tails of someone/something else. Take something that you didn't have anything to do with and take credit for it.

So then, from your source.

The number of people receiving SNAP has fallen by 2.6 million people since peaking in December 2012.

The last 4.5 years has seen a drop of 2.6m

In 6 months the drop has been 1.1m under Trump.

Enough said.

Lets also gloss over the fact that Obama INCREASED food stamp usage by over 15 million people during his disastrous 8 years

Trump -1.1m so far
Obama +15.5m during his Presidency

edit on 8/8/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2017 @ 11:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Tekaran
Obama had 8 years to get these numbers to drop, and for people to say the last few months in office they started to drop, and now Trump is taking credit, is absurd. Obama did nothing for Americans IMO.

The numbers started dropping in 2013, so not the last few months of his term, but the entirety of his second term...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join