It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Weeknd Praising Satan On Stage?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Firstly watch this short 1 minute video of his concert:

(Performance at Royal Arena, Copenhagen in Feb 2017)

Flashing the word "SATAN" for less than a second making it almost impossible to even notice?

What the # ????

What does Satan have to do with ANYTHING? And why did they only flash it for a second?

I really don't know what to make of this, are they doing this so that only the subconscious mind can pick it up or...?

I really need your thoughts on this one.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ChemicalAli
Targeting the subconscious mind is exactly what the point was. Did anybody check his twitter feed to see if his fans complained, or even noticed??

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Publicity, mate.
As simple as that.

Couple years ago every artist on the planet was mentioning the illuminati just because they appeared in a few YouTube videos.

They love the publicity.

Or they're sacrificing children.

Or both?

Ockham's Razor that shiznit.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ChemicalAli

i am not religious because i believe the bible is written by the winners of war and a form of control and parts were taken from Sumerian tablets.

but this comes to mind
"so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name."
edit on 5-8-2017 by AllanTruong because: (no reason given)

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: worldstarcountry

He uses a ton of biblical imagery, from both sides of the "good and evil" story. His music videos have him wielding a cross, burning bushes, unnamed "demons" that he fights and kills, or that kill him.

If we're gonna talk about him flashing Satan, then it's worth also mentioning him running around with a cross.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Lets just recognize the truth. The majority of musicians who get really big and do international tours and stuff in the modern age at some point have to reference Satanic imagery in their music and concerts. If they do not praise their master, their careers will not take off the same as those who will continue to pledge their allegiance.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Publicity, mate.
As simple as that.

Couple years ago every artist on the planet was mentioning the illuminati just because they appeared in a few YouTube videos.

They love the publicity.

Yeah lol, multi millionaire music artists love to be featured on conspiracy videos on YT... So cool...

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

If he uses both sides so readily, maybe he does not believe in either side.

For those who believe strongly, just mentioning the S word has them genuflecting.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Lets just recognize the truth.

Yes, lets.

Most celebrities like to do things that get them attention, because attention gets them money. Doing shocking things that gets their name into random youtube videos that get people to watch more of their music videos, which are monetized, puts more money in their pockets. So...you're half right. They do things to "praise" their "master," but their master is money.

Not whatever you said.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ChemicalAli

originally posted by: Hazardous1408
Publicity, mate.
As simple as that.

They love the publicity.

Yeah lol, multi millionaire music artists love to be featured on conspiracy videos on YT... So cool...

When those videos portray these stars as the rulers of the world and part of the most elite secret society to ever exist you can bet your bottom dollar they're gonna try to capitalise on that.

Besides, most of this "Satan in music" narrative is purely artistic expression.

I mention Satan, Hell, God, Heaven, Illuminati & other Secret Societies quite often in my own lyrics...

Maybe there is a special way of doing it to become a multi millionaire that I'm missing out on.

Artistic Merit accounts for 99% of this.
It's the limits of the human mind.

I'm sure that left over 1% are actual Satanists...

But it's not a majority. In my opinion.

link   
satanic/illuminati stuff is au courant with many pop artistes . i think they think it's hip.

link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
If we're gonna talk about him flashing Satan, then it's worth also mentioning him running around with a cross.

I think he did it because Satan is frickin awesome. I mean, who else is gonna let you sell your soul to him for a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle? So worth it.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Hazardous1408

When those videos portray these stars as the rulers of the world and part of the most elite secret society to ever exist you can bet your bottom dollar they're gonna try to capitalise on that.

Exactly. Because what do people do when they see an article that says "Weeknd has biblical imagery in his music videos!"

They go watch his videos for themselves. Over and over and over.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

It's funny in a way...
Because biblically the Soul belongs to God and God alone.

It's not the persons to sell to Satan in the first place.

So where did this myth start?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I think he did it because Satan is frickin awesome. I mean, who else is gonna let you sell your soul to him for a bottle of Pappy Van Winkle? So worth it.

And if you manage to overcome Satan, you get a fiddle of gold.

Either way it's a win.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Lets just recognize the truth.

Yes, lets.

Most celebrities like to do things that get them attention, because attention gets them money. Doing shocking things that gets their name into random youtube videos that get people to watch more of their music videos, which are monetized, puts more money in their pockets. So...you're half right. They do things to "praise" their "master," but their master is money.

Not whatever you said.

Are you guys really using "Publicity" as an excuse for it? These artist make their big money out of concerts and by selling their music. YouTube ad revenue is lunchmoney for big artists like TheWeeknd.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:47 PM
link   
First you need to gain the power to program minds by cutting deals that market your art to every corner of the Earth. Then you agree to pledge allegiance to the Dark Forces, and your career will be guaranteed to be more than a one hit wonder for the current fiscal year.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: worldstarcountry
First you need to gain the power to program minds by cutting deals that market your art to every corner of the Earth. Then you agree to pledge allegiance to the Dark Forces, and your career will be guaranteed to be more than a one hit wonder for the current fiscal year.

I'm gonna get straight to it.

Thanks for the insider tips.

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Are you really suggesting that for the majority of the rock and metal I listen to, it is only appealing because evil forces are behind it? That it has nothing to do with a good tempo and harmonics or even if the lyrics are outstanding?

If I am that susceptible to this so called evil, I shouldn't be able to appreciate the old classic church hymns.

So what happens if a religious enjoys listening to one of these 'dark' songs?

posted on Aug, 5 2017 @ 03:57 PM
link   

And if you manage to overcome Satan, you get a fiddle of gold.

Either way it's a win.

After a bottle of Pappy I can pretty much assure you that I will be thinking I can play just about anything.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join