It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Governer of W. Virginia switching parties

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm going to quote the New York Times, so, BEWARE....it could be fake news:

Gov. Jim Justice of West Virginia, a Democrat who was elected last year even as President Trump carried the state by 42 points, is expected to announce Thursday night at a rally with Mr. Trump that he is changing parties, according to three sources familiar with the plans.

I am assuming he is switching to Republican, but, maybe he is going to throw a curve ball and switch to Independent. That would be a let down. We'll see when he makes the announcement tonight.

In West Virginia, Representative Evan Jenkins, one of the Republicans seeking Mr. Manchin’s Senate seat, said he would welcome the governor to his party.

“I simply couldn’t be a part of a liberal agenda that was so contrary to who we are and what we believe in West Virginia,” said Mr. Jenkins, who switched parties several years ago.

West Virginia Governor to Switch from Democrat to Republican

I'll be watching the rally tonight and listening for this welcome news.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

I love when people shout "fake news!!!" And then go ahead and use the NYT as their source.

Only fake when you dont like it I guess

edit on 3-8-2017 by bknapple32 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I am happy there is one less Democrat but I wish Trump would just start a new party.

I want a purely libertarian party that holds both left and right ideals.

After Trump, unless his kids run and are worthy, I am going back to being apolitical until the next underdog with the right ideas.

edit on 8 3 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: bknapple32

I love when people shout "fake news!!!" And then go ahead and use the NYT as their source.

I know, right!?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   

It is agenda driven news at the very least.

You can't trust the headline.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
President Trump and the governor are going to jointly announced this at his rally tonight 7 p.m. eastern time in West Virginia

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   

LMAO. So he switched to DNC in 2015 when he announced, took a million dollars from the national Democratic governor's PAC to help finance his campaign, then switches to GOP 7 months in? Brilliant! I salute the man for his intelligence and big brass set.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:29 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I'll be watching to see what other self incriminating things TRump can spew out

As for the gubna'... Good for him. Who cares if the republicans get a point or the dems get a point. I thought we at ATS were above the democrat -republican score card.

Its all a show.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Kinda like knowing a girl cheated on her last bf to get with you. Hard to trust her with you in the future, huh?

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

LMAO. So he switched to DNC in 2015 when he announced, took a million dollars from the national Democratic governor's PAC to help finance his campaign, then switches to GOP 7 months in? Brilliant! I salute the man for his intelligence and big brass set.

I've been reading a little more about him. He's a switch hitter for sure depending on who the current pitcher is, I guess. But, he sounds like a super smart guy and very successful in all kinds of endeavors.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I know I'm supposed to care, but I don't, not really.

The two parties are so interchangeable now, as to be unrecognizable.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Thank you. Slight faith restored....

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Kinda like knowing a girl cheated on her last bf to get with you. Hard to trust her with you in the future, huh?

I'd probably care if I was a West Virgnian. I'm not, so I'm just here to chuckle and munch popcorn. I find this type of thing hilarious, honestly.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Like it matters.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:30 PM
link   

In the words of Winston Churchill, who was talking about himself; "Anyone can rat, but it takes a certain ingenuity to re-rat."

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:32 PM
link   

I do too actually. Itll be hilarious to see trump voters and trump himself fawn over him now that hes a R. It would be equally hilarious if a republican gov switched to the dems and watch pelosi give person x a big ole hug. Its a charade that we at least get to be entertained by

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Oh I thought was about a Caitlyn deal!!

Switching parties is more proof of the sham of 2-party system

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: bknapple32

We saw it one the national stage 8 years ago with Arlin Spector. The man went from being a hated enemy of the Dems to their favored son with little more than him deciding to move his lips from on ass to a different set of buttcheeks.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: tadaman
I am happy there is one less Democrat but I wish Trump would just start a new party.

I want a purely libertarian party that holds both left and right ideals.

After Trump, unless his kids run and are worthy, I am going back to being apolitical until the next underdog with the right ideas.

You mean like the Libertarian Party? Because thats already a thing. And Trump isnt libertarian, hes quite the authoritarian, though his platform is not the same as neocons.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   

a reply to: bknapple32

We saw it one the national stage 8 years ago with Arlin Spector. The man went from being a hated enemy of the Dems to their favored son with little more than him deciding to move his lips from on ass to a different set of buttcheeks.

YES!!!!!!!

I totally forgot about that ( kinda the point huh lol)

I remember saying to myself, "what in the actual F$%k. We have hated this guy. He literally was apart of the Kennedy cover up."

I started to hate my ' party' after that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join