It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God created Satan

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:32 AM
link   
If God created the universe according to the accounts in Genesis, he probly created everything else including the angels and satan.

What is interesting is that Satan has to Obey God, and even the Son of God.

I will ask this question since we have a few topics on Satan. Why does God allow Satan to exist at all?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:34 AM
link   
God is Satan. They are two sides of the same coin. Just as every man is his own God and his own Devil, so God is also.

For God to destroy Satan would be suicide. There are plenty of examples of a wicked, vengeful, wrathful God in the OT. There are for comparison plenty of instances of the loving, 'humane' God. The only answer is that they're inseperable.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I just think that the people who wrote the bible didn't think of it. They made up a story that sounded good without scrutiny, but now, people like us scrutinize. So.....we figure out that if everything is actually the way the bible says it is, God actually condemned us to hell long before we were ever concieved....and he did it on purpose, and willingly, by his own choice.

The bible indicates that angels only obey the will of God, and have no free will. So how is it, that one of these angels, according to the bible made the choice to get greedy? Simple, God planned it, and God made him do it without a choice, which coincedentally is how the bible leaves our situation. Murderers? No, God made their choices, they didn't. God made it all.

Now thats disturbing! Its funny how people actually want to believe that.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Satan is God's filter. God can't tempt man because he is holy, even though God already knows the heart of man. God uses Satan as a refining fire, he allows Satan to tempt his saints so that they may come out of the trail stronger thsn before. Just like when Jesus was tempted in the wilderness for forty days and nights by the enemy, he left an example for us to follow.

Because Jesus didn't start his ministry until after the fact that he fasted and was tempted. The bible states in romans 8:28 that ALL things, including Satan's work, work together for good to them that love God, to them whoare called according to his purpose. This means that all the stuff that Satan is doing, all the evil we do and the so called good that we do. God is using this to bring about his ultimate plan which is altogether good.

So every tragedy in this world God used to bring something good out of it. We can't see it all the time because God is infinite and he has infinite sight so he can see the things we can't and know the things we don't

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 08:59 AM
link   
OF COURSE God made Satan. God made everything. He made
Satan and the angels good. They had free will. They had a
choice to worship God or not. Once their choice was made,
God judged and there ya' have it. Angels in heaven and fallen
angels, being demons, in hell. They had one chance because
they had the beatific vision - they saw God for Who and What
He is. People have many chances. Why? Dunno'. That's the
way God set it up.

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:07 AM
link   
Well, not a Christian myself...but just to play Devil's Advocate...(pardon the pun) *listens to the groans*

The best explanation of this I ever saw, was perhaps in the greatest Christian movie of all time....Oh God! with George Burns. When asked by the little girl, "Why do you let bad things happen?", God replies very simply, "Because I never learned how to make anything with just one side....can't have a front without a back, no light without dark, no happiness without sadness, no good without bad." If you've never seen this flick, regardless of your religion, it's VERY well done, and perhaps (at least to me) one of the best movies on theology I've ever seen....

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 09:54 AM
link   
This is how it goes God gives the angels free will then gives man free will then says if You don't do what I say you will burn for all eternity in a lake of fire.
Kind of one sided dont you think? Why give us free will then say if you use it your domed?

posted on Feb, 8 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Well, not a Christian myself...but just to play Devil's Advocate...(pardon the pun) *listens to the groans*

The best explanation of this I ever saw, was perhaps in the greatest Christian movie of all time....Oh God! with George Burns. When asked by the little girl, "Why do you let bad things happen?", God replies very simply, "Because I never learned how to make anything with just one side....can't have a front without a back, no light without dark, no happiness without sadness, no good without bad." If you've never seen this flick, regardless of your religion, it's VERY well done, and perhaps (at least to me) one of the best movies on theology I've ever seen....

I guess God isn't All Powerful then...

Rushhour, good point.

Flyarsfan needs to brush up on the purpose of angels that is in the bible. Or he needs to admit that his faith in God is based purely in opinion, and not in the bible.

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 11:33 PM
link   
This is a good point.

Whenever I bring this up in talks with Christians, they say that God made Satan good and Satan rebelled. Problem is, God knew this would happen (if he's omniscient), so why would he let it happen? It's funny how this idea brings one circular argument after another.

If anyone has really studied God's plan, they would stop going to church and do their thing here on Earth. Supposedly, only 144,000 people are going to heaven, and chances are it's full baby. This earth has seen billions of people, so hell should be the hottest spot in the afterlife (no pun intended)!

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeka
Whenever I bring this up in talks with Christians, they say that God made Satan good and Satan rebelled. Problem is, God knew this would happen (if he's omniscient), so why would he let it happen?

he let it happen cos free will is free will. everything is either allowed or decreeedby god.

Supposedly, only 144,000 people are going to heaven, and chances are it's full baby.

only the jehovas witneses think that about the 144000. and most christians will tell you that they are a cult.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Wrong, conservative guy.

My uncle, who is a pastor, TOLD me that this is actually true. I asked him about the 144,000 and he said it was true.

Anyway, I heard somewhere that God didn't give angels free will. I dunno, but if that's right, you're wrong again.

The bigger issue here is that God also created evil. If he created everything, he also had to create evil. And if you say that Satan created evil, you're implying that Satan has powers of creation as well as God. But wait, I thought Satan was an angel...

One circular argument after another...

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 01:49 PM
link   
GOD created his counter-image Fem.GOD
They TOGETHER created the first begotten son JESUS
then Fem.GOD created ANOTHER son WITHOUT the permission of GOD
she felt ashamed and cast him aside so no immortals would see him...
he left her and created his own AEONs with a luminous ball of flame (SUN)
then he created his authorities(angels)

Satan is Jesus' brother... except he was created in ignorance.. and doesn't know his father... whereas Jesus knows his father..
Satan just thought it's him and his mother..

I have other posts which explain how Satan came to make us... and why .. and why we're still alive.. if your interested.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Wrong, conservative guy.

My uncle, who is a pastor, TOLD me that this is actually true. I asked him about the 144,000 and he said it was true.

Well the only place that numbers appears is in revelations which is full of symbology. But then why did Jesus command "Make disiples of all nations" if things are so limited? or anyone who belives will be saved? Supposadly there are suppose to be over 2 billion Christians in the world. Kind of sucks if only a small fraction of a percetage of them are ever going to be saved. What makes you, your uncle, and your church members so special?

Oh that is right, you base it on works not faith. Bother people by knocking on thier door throwing issues of "The watchtower" at them and asking to come into thier house to earn "points" so you will be part of that 144,000

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Wtf are you talking about?

I am not a Jehovah's witness. I was a Baptist, but I am no longer Christian. Your dumb comments are just one of the reasons why I think organized religion is garbage. Everybody's right, and everybody else is wrong. How can Christianity even be the one true religion with so many sects out there?

The point I was making is that Christianity is just one of many organized religions based on religious elements borrowed from older cultures. There's nothing special about it. IMO, people don't need an organized religion to find God.

Therefore, you can't lump all Christians into a group 2 billion strong. You even said yourself that Jehovah's witnesses belong to a cult. I guess Presbyterians, Mormons, and Catholics are all cult members too.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Dnero, so God hates Satan because he's not his true son?

I thought an omniscient god woulda seen that one coming. Hiding Satan from God should have been pointless, because God would have known about him anyway.

With your explanation, the solution to this eternal conflict isn't the return of Jesus. They can solve this one on the Maury Povich show. (God, you are NOT the father...)

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 03:37 PM
link   
satan rebelled against God. he wanted to be God. he forgot who God is and who he was.

As far as only 144,000 people are going to make it to heaven is an absolute lie. The uncle who believes this doesn't know what he's talking about.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 03:45 PM
link   
IMO-Satan is actually Eshu or Exu and has roots in Africa...It may even be that personality was first Hermes Trismegistus...you can actually find some of this by googling.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 05:52 PM
link   

I thought an omniscient god woulda seen that one coming. Hiding Satan from God should have been pointless, because God would have known about him anyway.

With your explanation, the solution to this eternal conflict isn't the return of Jesus. They can solve this one on the Maury Povich show. (God, you are NOT the father...)

THe original GOD has nothing to do with Yaltabaoth.... he just made the mother respondsible and said she had to fix her problem.... God never did anything.. and hasn't done anything yet except for show kindness..

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 06:31 PM
link   

God doesnt hate any1. He loves all his creations. What he hates is the actions we take.

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Croat56

God doesnt hate any1. He loves all his creations. What he hates is the actions we take.

Thats a pretty bad comment... think about this for a second..

GOD loves oranges but hates the tree.... in other words our actions make us who we are.

God doesn't hate anything ... hate is born from ignorance...
Either way he doesn't care... what's going to happen will happen, you act accordingly.. like Bruce Lees version of martial arts... there is no martial arts.. lol .. no rules, no laws... because that itself is a rule and is a law.. discipline comes from within, it doesn't come from external conditions..

[edit on 26/2/05 by dnero6911]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join