It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jim Marrs has Passed Away

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Jim was never afraid to dig deeply in sacred ground, and there's just not enough people like that to lose him.

I'm finding it hard to say something that doesn't sound like a hollow platitude, so I'll just say it really hurts.

I hope as many people as possible draw inspiration from his work, never stop asking questions, and never stop looking behind the curtain.

Goodbye Jim, and God bless you.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
One of the last great truthers. We have lost a true legend. It is unlikely there will be another with the same attention to detail and level of integrity as him. He will be sorely missed.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Thanks for your insight, You will be missed Jim! Thoughts well wishes to those you left behind!

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: du Pelican Blanc
a reply to: DontTreadOnMe
It is true that he passed away. My husband and I are personal friends of Jim and his family. We were informed this morning. It is a sad day.

I will extend my thoughts to you and yours.
Wishing you the best.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 12:15 PM
link   
It's tough to say good-bye to such a great man. I have almost all of his books. He is the only author I re-read time and time again. They are practically falling apart.

Thank you, Jim, for pulling back the curtain and allowing those of us who wanted to see what's behind it.

You have awfully big shoes to fill.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
First and foremost, my condolences to family and friends and the community as a whole.

Dear Jim,

I never had the chance to meet you in person, but I feel like I know you very well. That is often the case with favourite writers. We share a deep connection after countless hours together through your various media of choice, be it books, youtube clips and documentaries on tv and radio.

I know that you are now in a better place, a place where you have all the answers (that you seemed to have already).

Let me just take this opportunity to thank you for all the work you have done. Thank you for all the inspiration. Thank you for being the conveyer of truth, always humble and enthusiastic.

Truly a wonderful human being that will never be forgotten.

Legend.

Thank you Jim, and may god bless your family.

Love,
Joe
edit on 3/8/17 by JoeSignal because: spelling

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:24 PM
link   
My all time fave author and who i religiously listen to as im falling asleep on you tube i was hoping to hear you speak in real life at one point but it wasn't to be

Rest in peace Jim - You certainly opened up my mind to several thought processes

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 02:32 PM
link   
One of my all time favorite people. He was one of a kind. Our loss, is your gain. Happy Travels, Jim

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Doubtful this news will show up on any mainstream news outlet.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:10 PM
link   
His contributions won't be forgotten. Godspeed, Jim.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I'm deeply saddened by this news.
Thoughts & prayers with the family.

RIP Jim. You'll be missed.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JinMI

a legend has gone! i always hoped i would have the chance to meet jim one day
i always enjoyed hearing him speak in various shows and i have his books.
a wonderful old school researcher and speaker.

i am deeply saddened to hear of his passing the conspiracy world has lost
an icon today god speed jim you will be missed.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I want to add a personal "Jim" story to this thread that I will make brief...

Jim had a near magical ability to capture people's attention through the written word (his books) which is really hard to do, but even more so in person. The story I want to share is about a trip Jim and I took to a very famous entertainer's estate out in L.A. back in 2009 or 2010 (I don't recall the exact year and it doesn't matter enough to look up) so Jim could get a look this person's family member's amazing collection of JFK Case history documentation.

The scene was as follows...

Big beautiful mansion, up in the hills overlooking the San Fernando Valley from the gorgeous backyard.
The other folks in attendance are a mix of people in their 20's on up to late the 30's.

After dinner Jim shared his latest research with us all, it was sort of his life's work all knitted together into a 2 hour presentation that included no media other than slides. No slick video or audio, nothing but the man himself speaking to us with the slides as a visual reference that allowed us to keep up with his powerful mind.

I've never seen a more engaging "presenter" in all my years, it was pretty magical. He avoided making it a lecture and really made it feel as if we were all discovering this information together, the way he could weave so many seemingly disparate and very complex topics together in a way anyone could understand was his brilliance.

At the end of that presentation the 10 or 15 of us in the living room of this beautiful home all got our feet and gave him a standing ovation. I've never seen anything like it and will never forget it.

I believe a large part of how he engaged so many was because he really cared about the people he was speaking to, he never looked down on anyone, he was a genuine "Man of the People" and I truly believe he loved humanity and all the promise we mere humans have to offer.

I think that genuine love of his fellow man was a huge driver in his life long crusade of trying to expose the corruption and outing the evil doers of the world.

I also think that's why he is so loved, he was REAL. He wasn't in it for the money, fame, or any other B.S., he was "in it" for ALL of us.

I raise a glass to him and miss our long talks over a good whisky and a Nat Sherman...

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 07:23 PM
link   
a reply to: eisegesis

Thanks for the reply and detail about Jim. My Grandfather was a card carrying member of the Nazi party, fought on the German side in both world wars. I have studied the history, know the danger signs, tell it all the time here.

Struggle at times to convince people here... this guy is a hero for it.

Never met him, agree wholeheartedly what little I've read about him here, now.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So very sorry to hear this.. He will be greatly missed!
I really would've enjoyed that class of his.. My deepest condolences to his dear friends and family. He will be greatly missed by his ATS family here.

posted on Aug, 3 2017 @ 09:51 PM
link   
In a lot of ways he was a Hero.

Godspeed on starting your new journey Jim...

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:12 AM
link   

A absolutely massive loss the truth movement. An amazing man who had very good understanding of how our governments and their aganecies really operate. I doubt there'll be another like him.

Rest in peace Jim Marrs!

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Jim Marrs Was a Hero, and a Giant. May his words reflect what our minds have failed us, and may we all awaken to the truth this kind Man so painstakingly tried reveal to us all through his life long endeavor to reveal the truth.

Be at Peace Jim and Thank You, You will not be forgotten.
edit on 4-8-2017 by Sapphire because: rest in peace

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 08:47 AM
link   
My condolences to the Jim Mars Family ,

you will be remembered Jim

Thanks for all you had done and contributed.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Rest in peace, Jim. My thoughts are with your family at this sad time.

Scott Creighton

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join