It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conference teaches K-12 educators how to combat ‘whiteness in schools’

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
a reply to: ketsuko

What about Asian Privilege?

They score the highest!!

Shhhhhhh ... pay not attention to that "other" minority over there.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Lets cut the liberal BS and get to the root of it shall we?

Because of past policys, western culture, nations and all its contructs have been deemed evil by the left and so they want to destroy the whole thing. But they cant do it in one go. They will chip away at it and will only be happy when our nations cease to exist, our systems of civilization we have developed erased and we have been reduced to 3rd world illiterate substance farming conditions.

Chipping away at our education.
Mass uncontrolled immigration
Shutting down of any debate by crying racist or bigot
Gender politics.
The climate change rules and regulations.

All of that point to this goal.
edit on 29-7-2017 by InsaneIthorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:25 AM
link   
a reply to: InsaneIthorian

It's the concept of liberty and personal rights they don't like. The idea that an individual can have control of the products of his or her labor with the right to defend them and be free of anyone dictating how he or she must put them to use.

See how effectively they are subverting that idea? The idea that government must serve the people rather than dictate to them? That is the natural condition of most of the rest of the world and most other cultures. We are (or were) the cultural exception. Most of the imports are not steeped in those beliefs and do not come here for that belief anymore. They come here for support by the government.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6
And since children are taught racism, it would go a long way if they stopped referring to people as a color.

It would be amazing if they placed all that focus on what makes people human, and if necessary then teach them to embrace each others differences.

I remember when I was young I hated my hair because it was long and unruly. I loved my friend's hair which was short and straight. One day she told me how much she hated her hair, and she wished she had hair like mine, because it was so beautiful.

I laughed and told her how much I envied her hair. We learned something that day that we still laugh about today.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: InsaneIthorian

originally posted by: Shamrock6
Be a lot cooler if they worked on getting those reading, math, and science rankings up.

They did a IQ study recently. US and to some extent UK IQ are sinking while Chinese, korean and Japanese are climbing.

And Japan, China and Korea dont waste valuable education time on libral white guilt, gender politics and other rubbish.

It been shown a higher a countrys IQ the higher there standard or living and economic flexibility.

Is that any surprise? The attitude of british directors is that "recruiting bright graduates is like trapping wild animals."
Everyone with any common sense emigrates.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Haven't these idiots figured out that in order for racism to thrive it must be taught to future generations?

Wait...Maybe they have?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: InsaneIthorian

You're partially correct, but when I look at this, I tend to think something more is at work here:

“We will challenge Eurocentric pedagogical approaches that not only under-prepare students for the realities of our increasingly multiethnic, multilingual, globalized society, but are also rooted in colonial and racist ideologies that stifle the voices, identities, and realities of students of color,” a description states.

Notice the emphasis on "multiethnic, multilingual, globalized society". The leftists are obviously "anti-white/anti-white culture" but they're also targeting the culture and institutions identified with "Western Culture" or "Western Societies".

Since they are as well, intensely anti-Christian and primarily rooted in atheistic secular humanism, they are also totally opposed to the ideas and values that grew out of "Christian" based ethics and morality. And I have yet to detect that they "teach" any alternative value system.

You're quite correct, they're playing the long game; and I seriously doubt they'll fail. How can they? They indoctrinate the youth from K-12 and into College. If they do in some way fail, that failure might be rooted in the fact that they don't seem to teach any positive replacement ideology; they're entirely all about being "against" but what are they "for"? They can be all "for" globalization and one world government, but what are they "for" in terms of organizing a society?

I won't live long enough to see how this plays out, so I really don't care how it all turns out but my guess is that the one result is that the cracks and divides in the society will only become far sharper and much wider. And what we may see developing is a new "caste" system that parallels the wealth and income gap. As well, by teaching identity politics, they're promoting segregation by both race and class. So, for example, the wealthier white parents I know of K-12 age kids send their kids to tony private schools.

None of this is going to end particularly well.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

Naah, that'd make way, way, waaay too much sense.

Adding to the three R's, a foreign language requirement might be in order as well... Y'know, 'cause multi-ethnic/cultural.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:02 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

Notice the emphasis on "multiethnic, multilingual, globalized society". The leftists are obviously "anti-white/anti-white culture" but they're also targeting the culture and institutions identified with "Western Culture" or "Western Societies".

But there is no White culture.

American culture is already the result of its citizens that are multi-ethnic, multiracial, and multi-religious.

I live in a multi-racial, multi-ethnic family. I recognize the blending of cultures in almost everything that is considered American, that is because that is what America is.

People complain about appropriation, but that is what America is. American stands for and represents a merging of cultures, races and religions.

What they are describing is anti-American, not anti-White.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:08 PM
link   
How is "whiteness" , with excessive privilege, still a thing? It's not a majority anymore. I'm told (haven't been south for decades), that the USA is a melting pot of nations. More so than Canada. If I go to Edmonton, or most other major cities, there's just about an equal mix of every skin colour there is. Philipines, Chinese, Iranian, Indigenous, Mexicans, Black, White, Jamaican (they are really dark skinned), etc etc.

I'm white, and I'm not in the majority.

So if America is a melting pot???

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:13 PM
link   
The best way to remove Eurocentric pedagogy from the classroom is simple:
Erect a hut with a dirt floor, remove all reading materials, use the floor to draw class lessons using a stick.
Lunch will be foraged or hunted during school time, failure to secure food will result in hunger.
No electricity or computers.
I can see school budgets being cut by 90%!

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: snowspirit
I'm white, and I'm not in the majority.

So if America is a melting pot???

Continue melting until gone.
Then they will be happy.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

Mmmmmm, no......there is a "white" culture. You just don't see it or don't recognize it when you're in its midst. Its getting much smaller and it remains well hidden but its influence has been vast. It manifests itself in many peculiar forms, good-ole-boy type stuff for one. The Southern Baptist phenomenon. The "blue bloods" of the northeast. The "silk stocking" set of New Orleans, (that's entirely left New Orleans for the Carolinas). The largely hidden and remotely located wealthy whites of Alabama, (who do more business with Asia and Japan in particular than they do with the US). Its a very "thin" layer of US society, but its there. There are country clubs across the Midwest, the South and the Northeast mixed-race citizens don't even know exist and would never be invited to.

But yes, these leftist ideologues are altogether anti-American. But where they miss the mark is that they don't understand that to an ever increasing extent, the "white culture" I've described is becoming ever more anti-American themselves. The difference is that whereas these leftist ideological elites are working hard to change the US society and to direct its path, the "white culture" floats above the US at 30,000 feet and is ever more "floating away", just as the silk-stocking set of New Orleans floated away to the hinterlands of the Carolinas.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn

But there is no White culture.

They've already convinced you that America was not the creation of White, Christian European people and ideals.

Time to stop reading Howard Zinn.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:22 PM
link   

It's under attack. Even in the south they've banned truck hitch testes.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:45 PM
link   

As a teacher i will say the Eurocentric pedagogical approaches are the best we got.
It why every successful country has adopted them.

The day we stop promoting high achieving and behaviour and just let my class act like a deranged bunch of apes ( and teenagers will if you let them) then I will resign.

The Sit down shut up and do the bloody work approach is the only effective method on kids below 16. They dont have the maturity for less structure.
edit on 29-7-2017 by InsaneIthorian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 01:58 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I still want to know where is my privilege? I work with a bunch of Mexicans.

I've been wrongfully searched by police who pushed, yelled, and cussed at me while right next to my five-year-old daughter for no reason other than respectfully declining a car search. I might add that they searched anyway based on the dog and foind nothing but a joint roach , and I'm pretty sure they put it there unless a friend left it there after borrowing my car. And I've had policr break my glove box while searching another car leaving it in complete dissaray after leaving the scene.

I've been arrested for a crime I didn't commit only to sit in jail for however long it took to finally get dropped.

I don't have any health insurance or benefits. My piddly class A misd. From 7 years ago still blocks a surprising ammount of jobs for me.

People are racist to me too, and / or look down on me because my clothes are not great.

Where is my privilege. We work together and share many similar experiences.

And my daughter will have a more challenged experience in school than I! Though I'm sure she'll be much more successful than I.

How will they check her privilege? LOL!

*disclaimer* I have tons of respect for police. And... I shouldn't have been stupid as a young guy to get that weak lottle class A misd.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: filthyphilanthropist

I don't have any health insurance or benefits

Why are you still making bad decisions?

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Seems like education, much like medical in the US is very expensive and piss poor.

Yup where the answer for every problem is throw money at it and hope the people receiving the money are good innovative people that can fix the problem and not divert it to other things.

Useless ticks in DC afraid to actually put a plan forward cause it might hurt re-election chances.

posted on Jul, 29 2017 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Just claim your a minority like pocahontas, even if your white as day they can't question it for discrimination. That's how outrageous PC culture has become.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join