It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Al Gore Reflects on 'An Inconvenient Truth' Climate Prediction 11 Years Later

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:24 PM
link   
11 years ago Al Gore said that in 10 years the world would reach a point of no return if drastic measures are not taken.

Back with a sequel to An Inconvenient Truth, former Vice President Al Gore reflected on his 2006 prediction that “the world would reach a point of no return within 10 years” if “drastic measures” were not taken to combat climate change.

Gore was asked why he made that prediction in the first film and if he has another prediction to make about climate change now 11 years later.
pjmedia.com...

In the video he gives very simplistic and vague answers about his prediction 10 years ago, like the big chunk of ice shelf that broke off "makes a considerable level of seal level rise". And my fave "some earth systems have reached the point of no return". Cause he said.

Seems like he should have given a 20 prediction, would give him more time to make $$$.

edit on 20-7-2017 by seasonal because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

I really despise this man. Ive said it again and again...but as much as he jets around, his multiple massive homes including humongous mansion in Tennessee with all of his excesses..to have the gall to wag his chubby over fed finger at any of us...is absurd.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
"Because ice shelves already float in the ocean, they do not contribute directly to sea level rise when they break up." National Snow & Ice Data Center

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Who cares what Al Gore says? Seriously.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

I really despise this man. Ive said it again and again...but as much as he jets around, his multiple massive homes including humongous mansion in Tennessee with all of his excesses..to have the gall to wag his chubby over fed finger at any of us...is absurd.

Agreed, he had an almost child like speech pattern in the video. Perhaps he is looking for more followers in the religion of global warming to pay dues to him. It is about money. Right?

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I like how the're saying "we have solutions now that we didnt have 10 years ago. Gore puts on a fake persona, so sleazy, touches his ear before his rehearsed "sell". Still a shyster.

Follow the money!

www.forbes.com...

Gore and Blood, the former chief of Goldman Sachs Asset Management (GSAM), co-founded London-based GIM in 2004. Between 2008 and 2011 the company had raised profits of nearly $218 million from institutions and wealthy investors. By 2008 Gore was able to put $35 million into hedge funds and private partnerships through the Capricorn Investment Group, a Palo Alto company founded by his Canadian billionaire buddy Jeffrey Skoll, the first president of EBay Inc. It was Skoll’s Participant Media that produced Gore’s feverishly frightening 2006 horror film, “An Inconvenient Truth”.

In 2007, following an investigation of the movie, Sir Michael Burton, a judge in London’s High Court, ruled that it can be shown in secondary schools only if accompanied by guidance notes for teachers to balance Mr. Gore’s “one-sided” views. Judge Barton pointed out that its “apocalyptical vision” was politically partisan, and not an impartial analysis. He stated: “It is built around the charismatic presence of the ex-vice president Al Gore, whose crusade is to persuade the world of the dangers of climate change caused by global warming…It is now common ground that this is not simply a science film- although it is based substantially on science research and opinion, but it is [clearly] a political film.”

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

And if you noticed his "tell" immediately upon being asked about his prediction in 06...his hand nervously combs through the right side of his head. Love to play poker with this guy.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer
Who cares what Al Gore says? Seriously.
Reminds me of that old South Park episode featuring Al Gore. They pretty much nailed him. 😂

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

almost child like speech pattern in the video

If I was dying of thirst I'd check my pockets if I was offered a glass of water from him.
No doubt hell get a few billion personally if the following were to eventuate

www.thenewamerican.com...
Saturday, 29 April 2017
Al Gore and “Climate” Warriors Demand $15 Trillion to Save Earth

Former Vice President and self-styled inventor of the Internet Al Gore, infamous primarily for his many debunked prophecies about global-warming doom, is demanding that humanity fork over another $15 trillion to supposedly save the planet from alleged man-made “climate change.” In a report produced by his new group of crony capitalists and tax-funded climate alarmists, dubbed the “Energy Transitions Commission” (ETC), Gore and his allies demand as much as $600 billion annually for decades to help meet the goals

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:48 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

You couldn't afford to be at the same table as Gore. Gore is very very wealthy. He may hire you to wash his jets.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

almost child like speech pattern in the video

If I was dying of thirst I'd check my pockets if I was offered a glass of water from him.
No doubt hell get a few billion personally if the following were to eventuate

www.thenewamerican.com...
Saturday, 29 April 2017
Al Gore and “Climate” Warriors Demand $15 Trillion to Save Earth

Former Vice President and self-styled inventor of the Internet Al Gore, infamous primarily for his many debunked prophecies about global-warming doom, is demanding that humanity fork over another $15 trillion to supposedly save the planet from alleged man-made “climate change.” In a report produced by his new group of crony capitalists and tax-funded climate alarmists, dubbed the “Energy Transitions Commission” (ETC), Gore and his allies demand as much as $600 billion annually for decades to help meet the goals

He loves him some global lifestyle. Carbon be damned.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueJacket

"tell" immediately

hahaha - we posted minutes apart - so obvious he's a rat

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 04:59 PM
link   
One of the biggest charlatans in world history. The greatest con ever carried out on the people of the world.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Look out, Manbearpig is thawing out as we speak.
I think there is something to climate change but Gore is a shyster at best, a hypocrite for sure and a selling his NWO agenda and profiting nicely.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod
a reply to: Illumimasontruth

Look out, Manbearpig is thawing out as we speak.
I think there is something to climate change but Gore is a shyster at best, a hypocrite for sure and a selling his NWO agenda and profiting nicely.

And it is amazing, or maybe it isn't, how the left line up to kiss his glass.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:15 PM
link   

I know a lot more left leaning people than right but none I can think of believe a word he says..maybe the corporate left?
I think the NWO people perhaps.
edit on 20-7-2017 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Im pretty sure Gore trapped manbearpig in the Cave of the Winds. Learn your history!

I'd propose that used car salesman tactics have done more harm than good in this realm of things.

Had they simply let technology take its course, pushed it as "cool," or just as a way to gain self-sufficiency and save money, we would be leagues further along than shoving it down people's throats as a moral imperative.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Serdgiam

Im pretty sure Gore trapped manbearpig in the Cave of the Winds. Learn your history!

My bad

He definitely oversold it..crying wolf type thing IMO.

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:25 PM
link   
1) Major cities would be under water by now
2) The hole in the Ozone layer would cover most of the southern hemisphere and there wold be a new one that formed in the Northern Hemisphere
3) We would be in a new ice age

What do they have in common ? It was not just Gore. Perhaps he was just "suckered" in at the start. Gore was in it for the billions , if not trillions. Remember , he started the first carbon credit trading company.
Not only are they failed predictions , all 3 Apocalypses started with the UN

posted on Jul, 20 2017 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Didn't Al Gore invent the interwebz? Thanks Al Gore!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join