It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WaPo: "Trump is killing the Republican Party;" Isn't this like beating a dead horse?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler
I don't think Trump did it, but his election made the GOP freak out, which portrayed the GOP in its true light , just another arm of the dem/GOP axis. And besides, this is the WaPo, yet another arm of the same thing.

Precisely!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 03:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Middleoftheroad
So I read the article and it honestly had no substance to it. Just a bunch of vague comments like "It would take far more than a single column to detail Trump’s failures in the months following his bleak inaugural address."

The funny thing is, they say Trump is just an old Democrat that recently swapped to Republican because of Obama. When really, he has had the same message he talks today for the past 30 or so years. It's online and verifiable, but I doubt anyone that opposes Trump would take the time to do research and see it for themselves.

In my opinion, ripping apart the GOP and the DNC would be a great idea. We all know there is way to much corruption and they only work for themselves and top donors, not the American people. So my question is what is it that Trump could be doing that all the other politicians on both sides of the aisle don't already do? At least Trump will be out of office in 4-8 years.

#TERMLIMITS

I couldn't even finish the article. The stench was too great.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv There is no 2 party system in a Constitutional Republic,. A Democracy is not in the best interest for Humanity. There is a deference.
The key difference between a democracy and a republic lies in the limits
placed on government by the law, which has implications for minority rights.
Both forms of government tend to use a representational system — i.e., citizens
vote to elect politicians to represent their interests and form the government. In
a republic, a constitution or charter of rights protects certain inalienable rights
that cannot be taken away by the government, even if it has been elected by a
majority of voters. In a "pure democracy," the majority is not restrained in this
way and can impose its will on the minority.

edit on 17-7-2017 by MissionTruth because: Explan the difference

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:28 PM
link   
WaPo opinion piece... anti-Trump... written by Joe Scarborough...

Moving on.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:35 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Wow ... thank you for posting that. Yeah ... the FF's ... thanks to them, but they have been suppressed in modern education. I have kids in school ... elementary and middle school levels, and the FF's are being wiped from history, except for some token names and small things. The big thinking of the founding fathers is being erased from school.

I have thought about what you just said. If I lose my job, maybe someday I will run for political office in some manner, and if I ever do, I will do it only by my NAME

Rugby ... wow. It looks like you must be pretty physically fit to play well ... hah. I am not sure I could do that and have 'fun' personally hahaha ... unless I was just the astroturf!

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 04:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu
WaPo opinion piece... anti-Trump... written by Joe Scarborough...

Moving on.

No doubt. I gave no credence to he piece itself. Just that title was novel to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2017 @ 08:13 PM
link   
And the foreign national Liberals are killing the US
Just read through this thread for proof

top topics

<< 1   >>

join