It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather Live Press Conference(s) Thread

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Today is the first live conference between these 2 elite athletes/elite sh#t talkers and I wanted to create a thread for the entire tour. I am sure there will be some entertaining shenanigans.

There is a Discussion Thread already in action and I posted in it too, but it moved off page quickly so I decided to create just a press thread. I will include future press meetings here.

Let's hope the staff hides all the water bottles and monster drink cans haha!

Schedule:

Los Angeles, USA— Staples Centre, Tuesday July 11
Toronto, Canada — Budweiser Stage, Wednesday July 12
New York City, USA — Barclays Centre, Thursday July 13
London, UK — SSE Wembley Arena, Friday July 14
And what times do the conferences get underway?

Press conference number one, in LA: 10pm.
Press conference number two, in Toronto: 10.30pm.
Press conference number three, in New York City: 11.30pm.
Press conference number four, in London: 7pm.

Odds Link

edit on 2pmf31310731 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: waftist
Today is the first live conference between these 2 elite athletes/elite sh#t talkers and I wanted to create a thread for the entire tour. I am sure there will be some entertaining shenanigans.

There is a Discussion Thread already in action and I posted in it too, but it moved off page quickly so I decided to create just a press thread. I will include future press meetings here.

I cannot wait!! Will be the best show all year!!

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:31 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

stoked man
the more i think about this fight the more i like conor for it

the odds are fab too

putting 100 on conor for sure

he has been training his ass off man...
im feeling better about it

if he wins maybe all the people this still punk mma will see that it represents

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:42 PM
link   

August 26 is the fight! Cannot wait, regardless of how it goes. Should be pretty sweet I just hope it's not a quick one, especially with all the hype behind it

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Geez, I can't even watch it cuz every link is crashing damnit!!! Too much congestion I guess

Another link

-Damn Conor called Floyd "boy" but then said "sir"...I thought Floyd was gonna trip but it's all good I suppose in these verbal battles.
-Floyd is trippin saying he'll go into Octagon, haha.
-Floyd is going to be way outclassed in these conferences imo, he comes across as petulant and trying too hard.
-Dang put a mic on them when they are face to face!!!!
-Ooh McG mentioned height and Floyd no like that! haha
edit on 2pmf31084431 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Is that the crowd booing Mayweather?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:13 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Yea McG has a huge fan base and obviously draws in all the Irish blooded folks. Plus it's easy to hate on Mayweather when all he had(at first) was "easy work" line.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:17 PM
link   

-Damn Conor called Floyd "boy" but then said "sir"...I thought Floyd was gonna trip but it's all good I suppose in these verbal battles.

no he didnt.
he said dance for me boy then he said dance for me son

conor was talking # about floyds little head and his track suit.
hahahahahaah

and yes they were booing floyd.
conor is going to clown him at these and everyone knows floys is lying

he said he dont care if it is a ring or an octagon...thats bull#
he would never fight conor in the octagon cause he would get murdered

he also said he dont care if its 8 ounce or 4 ounce gloves and thats a lie too.
he pressed for 10 ounce gloves

talking # is one thing..thats what people do to get hype but to lie about #?

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Yea McG has a huge fan base and obviously draws in all the Irish blooded folks. Plus it's easy to hate on Mayweather when all he had(at first) was "easy work" line.

someone threw an irish flag on floyd as he was walking to the podium.

floyd was pretty annoying...

hard work
hard work

im definitely pulling for conor. at first when this was announced i didnt think conor was going to be able to win this but the more i think about it the more i think he just may.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Ahh thx, but still when that word came out I held my breath fer a sec!
I missed the Flag throwing, that's awesome!
I think McG will get more in Floyd's head than vice versa and I bet he starts bringing in woman beating before the tour ends.

I respect Mayweather but I don't really like him or his achievements since he began picking his own fights the last 15 years. He still has mad defense and there's a chance McG won't connect, but I too would bet that he will! I think he's going to target the liver because of the way Floyd defends himself. If either get's KO'd it's gonna be crazy man!
edit on 2pmf31301531 by waftist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Yeah he was as big a petty little punk in there as he was in the Pacquio fight. Ran and ran like a little girl. I dont follow either sport, didnt know much about Mayweather only saw him fight once. Then I happen to pick up on all the 'fight of the century' drama and took an interest. And all those people that paid like $800 to watch it on PPV just to watch "Money" to run.

Yeah, he sure knows how to 'box', that is he's a genius about just ducking and dodging and working over the score card. But as an actual FIGHTer I didn't get the impression at all.

It's odd applying the word genius to his name, on account he's about as innane and retarded as this guy:

edit on 11-7-2017 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:52 PM
link   

floyd is probably the best defensive boxer of all time. he is not known as a knockout artist.
he fights with that 'philly shell' where is pretty awkward for people to get through.

conor is a smart dude. he is taking this serious.
i think if he plays this right he could wear floyd down.
use his reach. lay heavy on him on the ropes and the clinch..frustrate him

it could happen

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Ahh thx, but still when that word came out I held my breath fer a sec!
I missed the Flag throwing, that's awesome!
I think McG will get more in Floyd's head than vice versa and I bet he starts bringing in woman beating before the tour ends.

I respect Mayweather but I don't really like him or his achievements since he began picking his own fights the last 15 years. He still has mad defense and there's a chance McG won't connect, but I too would bet that he will! I think he's going to target the liver because of the way Floyd defends himself. If either get's KO'd it's gonna be crazy man!

yesh the irish flag landed right on him as he was walking up.
i an appreciate # talking and maybe even embellishing a little but but i do not like the fact he said he would fight conor in the octagon or with 4 ounce gloves.
that is just total bull#

did you see when floyd got the big backpack out and pulled out the check he has not cashed?

conor said it was for the taxman

www.washingtonpost.com... m=.dcce1317aa85

cant pay his taxes from 2015 until he gets paid from conor fight
mr money mayweather

guess he should stop lighting hundo stacks on fire

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Yea I bet security tripped for a sec when the snakeskin backpack came out, haha!
Floyd is nowsuing the IRS too. Now that is one entity I would not want to piss off!

Oh well, no sweat for money man, his toys are worth more than the taxes he owes. McGregor should dress up as Uncle Sam for next meeting, haha

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Will be a good brawl....but Macca should floor him.

Never heard of Gayweather....Mary Mayweather....whatever...until I saw a clip of the silly WWE Big Show fight...what a joke.

Mary Gayweather would have been dead in 10 seconds....Big Show just has to sit on him!! Big Show's fist is as big as Mary's head.

My moneys on the Irish Celtic Warrior from the ol country...the British Isles, over some African slave descendant (Obama's words, not mine) from the Colonies.

I think our new Aussie pugilist hero, would kick Mary May's asp.

Of course just to note....Exhibitions of this high $$ standard are often decided in the back rooms....wink wink...prior to actually getting in the ring.

Both of them stand to make many millions.........they have a pay day either way.....

Hey...new Rap song or Snoops new single.......Doof doof doof "Yo..Hey...Pay Day Either Way Baby" doof doof doof... (my idea N**gas, give me da royalties...its documented on ATS)

edit on 11-7-2017 by gort51 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Haha the head games have started already. They messed up Conor's entrance and cut his mic to get under his skin. Mayweather's never been much of a speaker anyway but he was chatting s*** saying he could work with 4oz gloves. Am gonna try to make the press conference in London on friday but as 90% of my office is Irish my boss is gonna blatantly know if I pull a sickie lol.

I must be one of the few people that loves watching mayweather fight, his defensive game and ring IQ is incredible and I like to see guys retire after a great career without serious brain injuries.

Mcgregor's prediction for the first 4 rounds is probably as realistic as it's gonna get for him, after that he'll slow down a lot and Floyd can just work him with the jab at will and throw the right counter off the shoulder roll. I can't actually see Conor landing that much at all but his hands come from strange angles and he's rangey so he has a chance early on.

TBH at this point I'm looking forward to the GGG vs Canelo fight a lot more, the mayweather mcgregor circus is fun for what it is though.

edit on 11-7-2017 by MagnaCarta2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:21 PM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

im looking forward to this but im looking most forward to the EBI on the 30th
stoked about that
live on fight pass

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 08:45 PM
link   
This fight will show the world what happens when a professional boxer fights someone that isn't a professional boxer.
Connor is a bad mother that's going to get his face punched about 500 times.

posted on Jul, 11 2017 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Technical skill vs raw heart is what this is.

At first, like many, I thought Mayweather could win this easily. He really is a defensive genius.

But McGregor is taking this fight SERIOUSLY....and the man has the heart of a rhino and is training like a fanatic.

I predict Mayweather underestimates Connor and pays for it by the third round. His defensive skill won't compensate for Mac's passion.

posted on Jul, 12 2017 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: FamCore

August 26 is the fight! Cannot wait, regardless of how it goes. Should be pretty sweet I just hope it's not a quick one, especially with all the hype behind it

Ya im excited about it. Dont think theres much chance of it being short, wearing 10 oz gloves. Connor could catch him with a hard one though. Maybe.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join