It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conor McGregor vs Floyd Mayweather Live Press Conference(s) Thread

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

originally posted by: one4all

I just seem to visualise Conor teeing off on Floyd immediatly......utter devestation....faster than Floyd can possibly envision.......

thats a great point.
i think that could totally happen. i dont think it will but it could.
if he can back him into the ropes or the corer and just tear through that shell.

i dont know man

if floyd was 20 or if conor was 40 i might really lean towards conors destruction but in watching conor train and just where his head is at in general i think he has a great chance.

Boxers have a "plan" and MMA Warriors have a very different plan.......without the option of outpointng an opponent which does not bode well for you record in the UFC or in MMA in general Conor is left with the STOPPAGE.....Conors win is by stoppage.......which means none of Floyds "plans" he has used in the past will work.

MMA is about inflicting damage and stopping fights.....not "planning" your way through round after round after round.

IMHO Floyd is scared...he looked scared.....he looked like some overgrown kid from the hood in his funny tracksuit and it shows how far behind the times Pro Boxing has fallen.....

This will simply be a race to see how long it will take for Conor to "turn off the big light" on Floyd.

Conor put it straight.....your "little" head...your "little" core.....lol......

A boxing match requires 2 willing combatants who agree to put on show......an MMA fight requires one man to deal the damage and another to recieve it with no agreement.....lol....Floyd thinks he is "putting on a show" when really....Floyd going to sleep IS THE ENTIRE SHOW.

Getting put to sleep is what it is...been there done that....both sides of the coin......and once the decision has been made to end a fight by stoppage.....it is written....its called fight management....conflict management.......

The olde school boxing schtick of "just wait for it and eventually the KO will come" doesnt hold water in a fight..only in a boxing match......there will be no setups for Floyd no convention....nowhere to find traction.....just a singleminded high level fighter looking to put him to sleep...to selectively absorb his 2nd rate power and give back more every time......Floyd will not be able to catch Conor moving the wrong ways because Conor will not be juking and jiving like a boxer he will be drawing straight lines then finishing them with a terminal shot every time.

IMHO....Floyd can ONLY reply to Conor with POWER and at Conors pace.....because this is not a boxing match it is a fight inside a boxing ring.IMHO Floyd is over-the-hill and has been since 2010......only in boxing could a geriatric Pickleball prospect like Floyd still compete in his senior years.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   
That presser was f****** hilarious!

Mayweather is definitely out of his depth in the publicity war.

Looking forward to going tomorrow, whatever happens it's gonna be entertaining.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Floyd can ONLY reply to Conor with POWER and at Conors pace.... because this is not a boxing match it is a fight inside a boxing ring.

LmAo

This isn't an MMA fight... and yeah, this IS a boxing match just so you know

edit on 13-7-2017 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon

Floyd can ONLY reply to Conor with POWER and at Conors pace.... because this is not a boxing match it is a fight inside a boxing ring.

LmAo

This isn't an MMA fight... and yeah, this IS a boxing match just so you know

You cannot have a boxing match with only one boxer....this is a fistfight inside a boxing ring....which is why I am sure many will be surprised when Floyd is sleeping on the canvas and Conor is celebrating......lol....I know its being sold as a Boxing match....but that is simply akin to mouth-to-mouth recussitation of Boxing by MMA.....Boxing is D.O.A.....has been for years now......Dana White did Pro Boxing a favor....and he allowed Conor to make a massive withdrawal from Pro Boxings warchest.....if I were a Pro Boxer not named Floyd chasing those Benjamins I would be screaming bloody murder right now because of the millions and millions leaking out of Pro boxing and going into MMA.

Could you imagine Conor chopping down Floyds 40 year old legs in the 1st round ??????....LMAO.....or Conor kneeing him in the solar-plexus ???

I think Floyd is going to look like a one-legged man in a butt-kicking Contest.....lol.

edit on 13-7-2017 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 03:53 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

You cannot have a boxing match with only one boxer.

Pretty much my point...

theres only one Boxer...

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: MagnaCarta2015
That presser was f****** hilarious!

Mayweather is definitely out of his depth in the publicity war.

Looking forward to going tomorrow, whatever happens it's gonna be entertaining.

you going to new york or london?
you posted at 3am so not sure which one you are talking about

london is friday

i think floyd will have his best moments in new york.
i can see him having a lot of fans there
london though......nope

im surprised at how many people are booing floyd
either he is far less popular than i thought or conor is far more

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Akragon
a reply to: one4all

You cannot have a boxing match with only one boxer.

Pretty much my point...

theres only one Boxer...

i disagree with the statement to a point
like conor has been saying

this is a boxing match not a fight

i think conor is going to win the fight

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Conor has little to no chance to win the boxing match. Floyd would have literally no chance to win an mma fight. I love how Floyd said he would be fine with 4oz gloves ... after having tons of stipulations about gloves .. and then immediately walked back the 4oz gloves comment.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Going to the London presser. I think it's mostly mma fans getting the tickets to this which would explain the reaction Floyd's getting to some extent. Most of the hardcore boxing fans I know are just a bit bemused by it all.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Going to the London presser. I think it's mostly mma fans getting the tickets to this which would explain the reaction Floyd's getting to some extent. Most of the hardcore boxing fans I know are just a bit bemused by it all.

Hardcore MMA fans also think it's a joke.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Hardcore MMA fans also think it's a joke.

i dont think its a joke

6:30 new york is supposed to start

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 04:52 PM
link   

I do, Conor has a near zero chance imo.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Today's event in New York: It is running behind..and so am I. I'll be back to comment later

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: waftist

yeah its pissing me off
been on fight pass for an hour and they keep showing the same crap

i could have been watching EBI

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Yea I thin I'm gonna wind up getting fight pass. I dig EBI also and it's all females on this card huh? Interesting...
What do you think Floyd is gonna say about McG's woman? I know nothing bad of her.

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: waftist

Yea I thin I'm gonna wind up getting fight pass. I dig EBI also and it's all females on this card huh? Interesting...
What do you think Floyd is gonna say about McG's woman? I know nothing bad of her.

fight pass is definitely worth it man
the EBI's are fantastic
so much better than adcc or metamoris.

its what i am looking forward to the most. yes it is all female flyweights this time.
im puling for lyla smadja.

if you get it check out their past events.
especially geo martinez...grace gundrum
gary tonan

amazing # man

no stalling in EBI

as far as what is floyd going to say? not sure
everything i know about her is she is stand up
theyve been together a long time. she definitely has his back. just had a baby
whatever it is it will be some bull# lie

i really want to watch this presser but i am about to tune out

there is a jiu jitsu documentary i want to watch

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 06:54 PM
link   
one of the streams on youtube just said floyd and conor are both stuck in traffic and not even at the arena yet

ill watch this # tomorrow

posted on Jul, 13 2017 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Haha, Floyd, mightve bitten off more than he can chew.

Hes been loosing the # talking fight.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 12:04 AM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

Connors first pro boxing match... Floyd one of the all time pound for pound greatest fighters, and he's only like 40 years old.

Both fighters make hundreds of millions.

Mayweather gets to retire with a perfect 50 - 0 record...

Nice way to go out, and now he will be able to afford to pay his taxes.

posted on Jul, 14 2017 @ 12:28 AM
link   
a reply to: NorthOf40

If he loses he will be a laughing stock.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join