It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times: Trump’s Son Met With Russian Lawyer, Expected Damaging Information on Clinton

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Sure. It's not at all illegal to obtain information gained from foreign spying.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Per the NYT article, but buried way far down:

In a statement, (Trump Jr.) said he had met with the Russian lawyer at the request of an acquaintance from the 2013 Miss Universe pageant, which his father took to Moscow. “After pleasantries were exchanged,” he said, “the woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Mrs. Clinton. Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information.”

The woman then switched the conversation over to something about adoption laws. The meeting was arranged under false pretenses, and in any event it never had anything to do with the Russian hacks (which hadn't even happened yet, if I have the timeline correct). The Times, as usual, has misrepresented the story.

edit on 10-7-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
*YAWN*

They meet with someone, who freaking cares. It's not illegal to meet with someone, it's none of the government business who you meet with or what is talked about.

The only time having dirt on someone is illegal, is if you use it to blackmail the person.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Perfectenemy

I'm still convinced that Seth Rich was murdered because he stumbled over something much more sinister then just voter fraud manipulation.

I wholeheartedly agree. Let me qualify that: If, in fact, Seth Rich was murdered for political reasons, it was for far more than just voter fraud.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I just saw the other thread and well look at that it's fake news again. NYT is competing with CNN it seems.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

Jr., Manafort and Kushner just went to some random meeting with some unknown person just because Daddy's friend requested it but nothing to do with the campaign, the Trump campaign manager just tagged along for giggles.

Do you get the adoption connection?
edit on 7/10/2017 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea
I don't remember the details, but another ATS member recently posted a connection between the Russian lawyer and the DNC and/or Hillary campaign. So that's actually quite possible... and reasonable.

The meeting was arranged by some shady outfit called Fusion GPS, who the DNC had hired to create negative publicity about Trump. The whole thing was a setup, and really just shows they were planning the "Red Scare" before the DNC leak (it was not a hack) even happened.
edit on 10-7-2017 by AndyFromMichigan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Are people really this ignorant to how politics work and how dirty every single player in the game really is?

There is no honor among thieves.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:55 AM
link   

The meeting was arranged by Trumps friend, you quoted that much yourself.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:56 AM
link   

What adoption laws? I thought Putin said americans can't adopt because of the sanctions. So why talk to a candidate about the sanctions?

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The meeting was arranged by some shady outfit the DNC hired to create negative publicity about Trump. The whole thing was a setup...

Thank you!

Yes, that was it.... Fusion if I remember correctly.

ETA: Yup! Here it is:

“Specifically, we have learned that the person who sought the meeting is associated with Fusion GPS, a firm which according to public reports, was retained by Democratic operatives to develop opposition research on the President and which commissioned the phony Steele dossier. "

"These developments raise serious issues as to exactly who authorized and participated in any effort by Russian nationals to influence our election in any manner,” Corallo said.
Source: Circa

Funny how the NYT missed that part, eh???

Thanks again
edit on 10-7-2017 by Boadicea because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kali74

Sure. It's not at all illegal to obtain information gained from foreign spying.

Reminds me of wikileaks.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   
a reply to: ipsedixit

This is what Meuller's investigation is all about, or rather, "is this an impeachable offense?".

Ok I agree.
That does not answer the question I asked. Is this a crime?
What crime is involved with "collusion"?
Will this crime be applied to all who "colluded" during the election?

I actually do understand that no crime needs to be committed to have an impeachment.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Yeah, I found it: Fusion GPS. They seems to also be connected to the phony Steel Dossier, which even Comey admitted is bull#.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   

information gained from foreign spying.

You sound like this is the only way information is obtained, but I'm sure you know better than that. Sometimes information is simply 'provided' with no spying necessary - there are some amazing motivators out there, money and/or being guaranteed immunity from repercussions being chief among them.

And correct, it is not illegal to obtain information from a foreign source - if they freely provide it including how they came about it.

This is how we knew Saddam had mobile chemical weapons platforms (he did not have any mobile chemical weapons platforms)

America is the best at 'foreign spying to gain information' about foreign (and domestic) entities and governments. and when I say best I mean best at manipulating what they have found through their spying to suit their agenda.

This scenario of Jnr Trump shows nothing illegal has or was intending to occur, I'm happy to review any statutory law to the contrary though - based on the facts at hand and not conjecture.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Thank you -- I found it too and edited my previous comment to you about the same time as you replied!

Edited comment

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: jordan77

originally posted by: shooterbrody
a reply to: Kali74

He outright admitted he went to that meeting to get dirt on HRC.

Is this a crime?

Is that the bar for right and wrong, crime or not a crime?

It is the bar for charging someone is it not, or do we charge people now for doing the wrong thing?

Right and Wrong have not mattered in Washington DC possibly ever.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:04 AM
link   

The meeting was arranged by Trumps friend, you quoted that much yourself.

That's what he said, but it turns out the meeting had really been arranged by Fusion GPS, who are hired Democratic operatives. It was a total setup, arranged under false pretenses.

It is now becoming clear that the "Russian Collusion" narrative is a wholly fabricated and planned Democratic strategy.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: jordan77

a reply to: Kali74

He outright admitted he went to that meeting to get dirt on HRC.

Is this a crime?

Is that the bar for right and wrong, crime or not a crime?

It is the bar for charging someone is it not, or do we charge people now for doing the wrong thing?

Right and Wrong have not mattered in Washington DC possibly ever.

Right and Wrong matter in Washington DC when it is politically convenient for them to matter.

posted on Jul, 10 2017 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Funny how Trump started tweeting that right as JR made his boo boo huh?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join