It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man Yelled “Black Lives Matter!” After Attacking Police Officer at Traffic Stop

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: artblucat

That does not change anything I said. It is a BS law. Not all laws are just. You do understand that much don't you?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: artblucat
a reply to: Blueracer

Wearing a seat belt is the law in my juristiction. If I don't wear one, i can expect to get pulled over. Simple as that.

All states require seat belt use however in the bulk of those states its a secondary enforcement statute. Meaning a cop has to have a primary offense in order to make the stop. Not many states have no seat belt use as a primary enforcement, where a cop can stop you solely for not wearing a seat belt.

link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

That does not change anything I said. It is a BS law. Not all laws are just. You do understand that much don't you?

Just because you think it is a BS law doesn't negate the fact that it is still a law, which as a citizen you are expected to follow.

Seat Belt Laws & Offense Level by State Alabama: Primary Alaska: Primary Arizona: Secondary Arkansas: Primary California: Primary Colorado: Secondary Connecticut: Primary Delaware: Primary District of Columbia: Primary Florida: Primary Georgia: Primary Hawaii: Primary Idaho: Secondary Illinois: Primary Indiana: Primary Iowa: Primary Kansas: Primary Kentucky: Primary Louisiana: Primary Maine: Primary Maryland: Primary Massachusetts:Secondary Michigan: Primary Minnesota: Primary Mississippi: Primary Missouri: Secondary Montana: Secondary Nebraska: Secondary Nevada: Secondary New Hampshire: no law for adults New Jersey: Primary New Mexico: Primary New York: Primary North Carolina: Primary North Dakota: Secondary Ohio: Secondary Oklahoma: Primary Oregon: Primary Pennsylvania: Secondary Rhode Island: Primary South Carolina: Primary South Dakota: Secondary Tennessee: Primary Texas: Primary Utah: Secondary Vermont: Secondary Virginia: Secondary Washington: Primary West Virginia: Primary Wisconsin: Primary Wyoming: Secondary

States
edit on 9-7-2017 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

link   

then why havent the people of said state changed the law?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

I'm struggling to see how refusing to wear a seatbelt is a triumph for personal liberty, unless you are of an orneriness so ornery that you think being horrifically injured (or killed) is somehow sticking it to 'the man'.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Wearing a seat belt is the law in my juristiction. If I don't wear one, i can expect to get pulled over. Simple as that.

All states require seat belt use however in the bulk of those states its a secondary enforcement statute. Meaning a cop has to have a primary offense in order to make the stop. Not many states have no seat belt use as a primary enforcement, where a cop can stop you solely for not wearing a seat belt.

Hes from Florida, which in that state a seatbelt violation is a primary offense.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: caf1550

Step down off of your high horse. It is a BS law and a very poor excuse to pull someone over.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon

I'm struggling to see how refusing to wear a seatbelt is a triumph for personal liberty, unless you are of an orneriness so ornery that you think being horrifically injured (or killed) is somehow sticking it to 'the man'.

The seatbelt law is not really intended to be for personal safety. It was driven home by the insurance industry. It lowers their costs of payout in an accident, yet they can still charge the same high rates.

A universal seatbelt law = $$ PROFIT $$

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:07 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

I guess some people cannot see any reason for government not to be intrusive.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

In no way am I "on a high horse" im just stating a fact, you think it is a BS law. Just because you think it doesn't make it true. In the state the man was from Florida a seatbelt violation is considered a primary offense, so the officer was exercising all of his rights to make a lawful stop.

You are entitled to your own opinion, I can dispute that opinion with facts and I am entitled to my own opinion.
edit on 9-7-2017 by caf1550 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Uh , no.
If they spot you w/o seatbelt , they can pull you over and fine you
And , it is rumored police officers now have a device that they can tell if the seatbelt light in an automobile is on.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

Uhm no. Only in primary enforcement states can they stop you for no seat belt. And no, there is no device for it, other than a persons eyes.

unless you are being sarcastic, in which case true story.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:11 PM
link   

It does not matter if the state says it is a "primary offense". It is still BS. Just because the state and its blind followers such as yourself says it isn't BS, does not make it legit.

link   

I guess some people cannot see any reason for government not to be intrusive.

Yeah, you got me there. Little did I know, last time I clicked my seatbelt into place, that I was actually encouraging the curtailment of liberty and the gradual imposition of a police state.

They told me it was to save my life. What a fool I have been!

link   

originally posted by: Krakatoa

The seatbelt law is not really intended to be for personal safety. It was driven home by the insurance industry. It lowers their costs of payout in an accident, yet they can still charge the same high rates.

A universal seatbelt law = $$ PROFIT $$

Its called revenue , and everyone knows that.
What is wrong with a law passed for your own good?
Before that law was even a law , there was research done on the issue. It was PROVEN safer
From someone that remembers when autos didnt come with seatbelts.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

In a state where it is a primary offense the police can pull you over for that reason alone, In a state where it is a secondary offense they need to pull you over for another reason before they can fine you for it.

Seatbelt laws by state

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:12 PM
link   

It does not matter if the state says it is a "primary offense". It is still BS. Just because the state and its blind followers such as yourself says it isn't BS, does not make it legit.

Actually it does... your rejection of said law doesn't make it go away / unenforceable.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Your not from this reality , er ya ?

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:13 PM
link   

What a fool I have been!

You got that right.

Doesn't matter if you wear it or not. There is no legitimate reason to pull someone over just because it doesn't look like they are wearing it.
edit on 7/9/2017 by Blueracer because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/9/2017 by Blueracer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Just because you believe it to be BS doesn't make it any less a law, im not saying you have to wear your seat belt, you can live your life your own way im not dictating that, you have the choice not to wear it just like you can drive drunk, go 40mph over the speed limit, etc but just because you have that choice doesn't make it any less illegal. just because you believe it to be BS doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you, thats the great thing about society and free speech, everyone has the ability to form their own opinion on matters.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join