It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did I Hear Right? Did Trump Exclude His Own Nat’l Security Advisor from His Meeting with Putin?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:01 AM
link   
If I did hear right from MSNBC’s “The Last Word” show of last night, Donald Trump and Vladimir Putin wished to keep their meeting small to avoid leaks, and to that end Donald Trump excluded his own National Security Advisor from the meeting.

I don’t get it. What was this all about?

If Trump can’t trust his own National Security Advisor not to leak, then what does this say about Trump’s selection of a National Security Advisor?

More importantly, I don’t think that anything should have been discussed by Trump and Putin that had to be kept from public scrutiny. In other words, the discussion should have been completely open to the world, especially to America which is supposed to have a government by and for the people, not by and for Trump, and especially not by and for Putin... but, sadly, it seems to be going in that direction.

So, a pressing question comes out of this: what did Trump and Putin wish to keep secret? What did they have to hide?

This smacks of suspicious Political Conspiracy, the subject matter of this forum.

So, who needs to have a secure backchannel to the Russians the likes of which Jared Kushner allegedly attempted to set up here stateside at the Russian embassy when, as a substitute, you can have very tight, closed-door, face-to-face meetings between Trump and Putin?

edit on 8-7-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Added a punctuation mark.

+50 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:04 AM
link   
a reply to: theworldisnotenough

Munchin and Tillerson were both there, as soon as it was over they did a live audio of what transpired. Guess because you didn't see a pic they weren't there?

Do you work at CNN?

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:06 AM
link   

It might do you good to turn off the cable propoganda networks for a while.

Going by your last couple threads.

If I did hear right from MSNBC’s “The Last Word” show of last night,

There was a minor mention last night on MSNBC’s “On Assignment with Richard Engel”

BTW
"Rex Tillerson Briefs Press on 2 Hour Trump-Putin Meeting 7/7/17" I suppose SOS wasn't good enough?

edit on 7 8 2017 by stosh64 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   
s&f - hadn't heard of this..

Wasn't even aware there was a "Political Conspiracy" forum - there's been so much mud in the "Mud Pit" taking over ATS.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Did you not see Tillerson discussing the meeting between Trump and Putin. Wow did you get thus from an anonymous source.

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Trump had Tillerson and Mnuchin with him. He was not in there all alone. Maybe you should do a bit of research?

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

Nope. Only Tillerson and an interpreter were there.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Munchin and Tillerson were both there, as soon as it was over they did a live audio of what transpired. Guess because you didn't see a pic they weren't there?

Do you work at CNN?

Ha!

As if Trump and Tillerson have zero self-interest in their dealings with Putin.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Nope. Only Tillerson and an interpreter were there.

I heard they both were, either or, it still proves the OP is misinformed or flagrantly not being truthful.

edit on 8-7-2017 by seeker1963 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Given her Uranium One dealings and Podesta's ties, it's not like having Madame President would have put someone with less self-interest in that conference.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:16 AM
link   

I must be watching stuff from a slightly different dimension to you, this is the only explanation for your OP.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Mnuchin was not there. Neither was Trump's National Security Advisor, Lt. Gen. H.R. McMaster, there. The OP isn't misinformed nor flagrantly untruthful!

Also, between Rex Tillerson's summation of their meeting with Putin, and Russia's conflicting statement of their meeting, who do you believe? Personally, I think Tillerson is lying. I believe the Russian version. Too bad there was no 3rd person, like maybe the National Security Advisor to allay our misgivings.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

I must be watching stuff from a slightly different dimension to you, this is the only explanation for your OP.

You mean the OP might be living the Mandela Effect? That *is* a conspiracy ...

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:19 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Irony being that if Hillary had been there in the same circumstances, you would have, of course, believed her Sec. State's version.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:29 AM
link   

We get it.

You don't like Trump. But feeding a false narrative isn't really helping your argument.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

This isn't about Hillary. This meeting between Putin and Trump is punctuated by Russian interference and the "accusation" that they "put Trump in office"........that Trump could be compromised.

Trump publically stated, in his address in Poland, his doubt that Russia interfere "It could have been Russia, it could have been a lot of people". So, why would I believe Tillerson when he claims that Trump pushed Putin hard on the issue? Why wouldn't I believe the Russian version, that Trump accepted Putin's denial, and now they just want to "move on".

edit on 8-7-2017 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: ketsuko

This isn't about Hillary. This meeting between Putin and Trump is punctuated by Russian interference and the "accusation" that they "put Trump in office"........that Trump could be compromised.

Trump publically stated, in his address in Poland, his doubt that Russia interfere "It could have been Russia, it could have been a lot of people". So, why would I believe Tillerson when he claims that Trump pushed Putin hard on the issue? Why wouldn't I believe the Russian version, that Trump accepted Putin's denial, and now they just want to "move on".

Oh, I don't know..................maybe because you HATE TRUMP? lmao

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

You mean the OP might be living the Mandela Effect? That *is* a conspiracy ...

You know for what we'll have to watch from here on out?

We will have to keep an eye on the odometers of the 747s known as Air Force One.

Better yet, there should be GPS tracking devices installed on those 747s to see how frequently they head to Moscow... to the Kremlin, to be exact.

Here's another thing to consider. Each trip to Mar-a-Lago by Donald Trump costs an estimated $3,000,000. Considering that Moscow is much farther away than Palm Beach, Florida, there would be added expenses to go to Russia, to wit, operational time and fuel expense, added security for foreign travel, probably the need for two flight crews as opposed to one for Florida... and more. Hmmmmm, it looks like we will have to foot very expensive bills for what may very well turn out to be very frequent tight, closed-door meetings between Trump and Putin in the future.

So, Trump is at it again: disassembling the well-established formalities and protocols AND DIGNITY of the Office of the President... shattering them, actually and establishing a new normal FOR HIMSELF while giving this all an air of political correctness (yeah, right) by terming it "Modern Day Presidential." Oh, Donald go back to your WWE channel viewing.

edit on 8-7-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: Added a phrase for clarity.

edit on 8-7-2017 by theworldisnotenough because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: windword

Again, this narrative that Russia put Trump in office is a nothingburger with nothing but rumor at best to back it. They've been investigating it now for almost a full year with nothing at all to show for it. It is an investigation in search of a crime which is directly against everything in American jurisprudence, especially the notion of innocent until proven guilty, which many have simply chucked out the window directly because they don't like the results of the election.

It's as pernicious as the birtherism, only worse because in this case you have the whole of the bureaucracy engaging in the hissy fit.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Since both administrations are proven daily liars, we will never know what was said. Maybe someone succeeded in bugging the flower pots.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join