It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is a "Jew"?....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I see such an incredible amount of hate and suspicion about these so called "Jews" on this site that it just makes me want to ask the question:

What is a "jew" to you? And Why?

My answer is:
Just another person/friend with the same issues we all have to deal with as well as some silly dogma that I still see no true evidence of.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
A Jew is a descendant of converts to Judaism after the Europeans slaughtered the real black Hebrew Israelite and scattered the remaining into Africa.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
The Jews are God's people. They lived in the Mid.East since Goid created life. From the Jews came the Chirstians. Those are the real Jews.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
The Jews are God's people. They lived in the Mid.East since Goid created life. From the Jews came the Chirstians. Those are the real Jews.

The Jews are not God's people. They just say that in order for the entire world to think they're better than everyone else.

The true people of God are the Hebrew Israelites, children of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob. Those are the true Chosen.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
This was not meant as a theological debate. This is just a simple question and answer session.

Thanks

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
A Jew is a Jew is a Jew. The Jews all descened from Abraham, Isac, and Jacob. The Hebrews and Jews are the same.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Well then this is an impossible question to answer without being called a racist.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
A Jew is a Jew is a Jew. The Jews all descened from Abraham, Isac, and Jacob. The Hebrews and Jews are the same.

Nope. Read a book.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Ill does have a point. No matter what we say, someone will disagree and call that guy racist/anti-Semetic. This is a hard topic. If you want an historical factaul answer then you will get that, but an opinated one will differ.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Here is the clarification.
Are Jews a race, religion or Aliens sent here to destroy Human kind? (J/K on that last part
)

I just have trouble understanding all of this hatred no matter if it's a "race" or "religion"

Who CARES!?!?!
My jewish friends (practicing the religion and those just branded such by heritage) are no more or less to me than anyone else.
What's the beef?

And Ill....I DO consider you a racist BTW.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Jew
n.

An adherent of Judaism as a religion or culture.
A member of the widely dispersed people originally descended from the ancient Hebrews and sharing an ethnic heritage based on Judaism.
A native or inhabitant of the ancient kingdom of Judah.

www.dictionary.com

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illmatic67
A Jew is a descendant of converts to Judaism after the Europeans slaughtered the real black Hebrew Israelite and scattered the remaining into Africa.

Greetings Illmatic. Not trying to start controversy with you nor anyone, but can I ask for some information as to what you have said please. Call me 'stupid' or 'unintelligent', etc., but I would diffently be interested in reading this information so as I could understand or appreciate more of what you have said.

Again, I meant no disrespect. I am merely doing and applying what my 'user' name is.....seekerof....ie: seeking....knowledge and understanding.

Thank you
regards
seekerof

[Edited on 28-6-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I could quote you all and declare you all IGNORANT.
the religion does not convert and discourages people from seeking to become #1 #2 Abraham the seed was guided to Egypt by either God or intuition. #3 Moses arose from the river to become the devine leader of the Egyptians whom freed the slaves. Both civilizations were the first to believe and accept that there was and is only one Universal God, one called the Sun God and the other Jehova, Yawhee, whatever, the God is the 96% of dark matter that makes up the total universe. your brains are thge remaining dark matter
You should all turn to toast

TUT TUT

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
I'll admit that I'm ignorant as to why this all goes on...

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Lets put it this way. Jews follow Judiism (damn i wish is could spell). They orginated from the Mid.East. They were persecuted by the Nazis.

I don't want to see any anti-Semetism come along.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Another man.
EXACTLY the same as a Muslim, a Christian, a Buddhist, a Hindu or any other religion.
Being a man is his starting point.

Why? Because I'm as human as he is.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I am coming to see we are quite alike (except for the gun issue
)

Well said!

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Very well said leveller.

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Leveller

Another man.
EXACTLY the same as a Muslim, a Christian, a Buddhist, a Hindu or any other religion.
Being a man is his starting point.

Why? Because I'm as human as he is.

============================================

Well lets see,

Your wrong. Muslims are self proclaimed assasin terrorists, consult the Hadij and the Koran. Christians belive in Christ as the one and only way to everlasting redemption, Budistis belive there ancestors are eternal and animistic, Hindu's belive in a hierachy of Gods similar to the Romans and Greeks.
Judaism belives in one Eternal God similar to the Sun God of ancient Egypy the first civilization to concieve of one ultimate diety.
From where did Moses escape?

TUT TUT

posted on Jun, 27 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I shall sit this one out

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join