It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wikileaks: CNN extorts/blackmails amateur satirist who made video tweeted by Trump.

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:12 AM
link   
A good representation of CNN and what free thinking people need to do:

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

Yes - he is a very good communicator. The best out there.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

No where does it say CNN CLAIMS to have......talk about lack of reading comprehension.

It says the are pretending, which they are. They are literally 30 feet from each other, talking on ear pieces, using a split screen, pretending, when they could just stand right next to each other. It's hilarious. I apologize your favorite source for news has let you down. Don't worry, I'm sure you guys will bounce back.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Dfairlite

Sorry I don't have a hateful meme to contribute. Respond to this instead:

CNN does not have the constitutional power to tell a random kid what to do or say.

But it does have legal rights. I'm not saying CNN has made the best choice from a PR point of view, but the non-stop attacks from the right are intended to undermine their credibility. Since they specialize in news entertainment, their credibility is important to them. They sell an audience to advertisers so that advertisers can sell products to that audience. The law specifically states that if lies can cause financial harm, it is libel. This "random kid" is attempting to commit libel. Would you rather CNN sue him?

All this is part of a larger national debate. Alexandr Solzhenitsyn said that Americans abuse their freedom of expression because they take it for granted. In Soviet Russia, you had to be careful to say things that were important enough that you were willing to accept the consequences. The past decade has seen the emergence of a toxic troll culture in the United States. Donald Trump is not so much the President of the United States as he is the King of Trolls. The relentless attacks against the media and press are a no holds barred attack on a core principle of democracy. Rather than use our First Amendment right to engage in civil discourse in order to achieve the best possible policies, the electronic commons has been reduced to a mosh pit, where the ugliest emotions are being churned up in the most destructive way possible.

It was wrong of Trump, who is being paid by the people of the United States, to put personal loyalty and profit over justice. CNN is a private corporation that is expected to act out of self interest. When its quest for profits benefits the people, so much the better. If it leads them to threaten legal action, they have that right under law. Whether this was the right battle for CNN at the right time... I have no idea. What distresses me is that the man "with his finger on the button" even saw this trollery in the first place, never mind had the immaturity to re-post it.

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Still nothing from Wiki Leaks on Russia, RT News and anything connected to Putin? Sure Russia is holy and Putin is saint.

+14 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Turns out CNN is just plain stupid.

All this time I thought they were just dumbing down for their viewers, but turns out they are legit mentally challenged as an organization.

This is literally the worst possible thing they could have done. They are done

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:23 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

No where does it say CNN CLAIMS to have......talk about lack of reading comprehension.

Well then where does the phrase "satellite interview" come from? The guy who made the meme. CNN is 100% truthful; it honestly shows that both are in Phoenix.

It says the are pretending, which they are. They are literally 30 feet from each other, talking on ear pieces, using a split screen, pretending, when they could just stand right next to each other.

There are clearly two cameras. That means there may be two different teams with two different sets of equipment. If they were both on the same camera, they could not cut away as cleanly at the break. There are all sorts of technical issues shooting live on location. The trolls are either ignorant of that or are trying to take advantage of your ignorance of that.

edit on 5-7-2017 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Wake up to this... good laugh to start the day.

Thanks all.

eta: Thinking about it... if he wants trump can now relax on the fake news stuff... reddit, 4chan etc will continue this fight till the horse is beat into paste and recycled as glue.
edit on 5-7-2017 by Irishhaf because: additional thought

+13 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:30 AM
link   
OMFG - I am having a blast......

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
OMFG - I am having a blast......

CNN are so done.

edit on 5/7/2017 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001

The law specifically states that if lies can cause financial harm, it is libel. This "random kid" is attempting to commit libel. Would you rather CNN sue him?

Do you think that the gif is claiming that Trump is physically throwing CNN (as an entire entity) to the ground and beating them with his fists?

I only ask because law also "specifically states" that you can't bring a libel claim for a statement so ridiculous as to be patently false.

I'm not sure if there are grounds for suing for libel over a claim that Trump is metaphorically attacking CNN, when CNN have been making that very same claim for months.

+11 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Defending the indefensible: Just another day in the life of the ATS liberal.

+1 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Chris Cuomo getting in on the threats - then he quickly deleted his tweet...

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Jonjonj

Defending the indefensible: Just another day in the life of the ATS liberal.

Spreading hatred and contempt for America and its institutions. Just another day in the life of an ATS "conservative."

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
There is no way short of a CNN reporter being attacked and the attacker saying the gif inspired them to attack for CNN to not look like giant douche bags in this.

to the average person the teenage, adult, female. hermaphrodite, male dead guy that made the gif was trying to be funny, (or at least a good argument can be made for that) not hurt anyone or damage anyone.

Where CNN's threat to release his identity, will always come across as intending to hurt/damage the creator.

Wow I guess CNN has nobody with any common sense left on staff.
edit on 5-7-2017 by Irishhaf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:43 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Yes, absolutely, CNN should go ahead and publish full details. Why not? It was all in good fun. What could possibly happen? He may even be feted as a hero.

+2 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:45 AM
link   
#cnnisisis

+3 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: FauxMulder

CNN is 100% truthful

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Good one!

Wait....was that a serious statement

posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 06:51 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Then reporters should also have the internet at their door and their family's lives.

The guy should have had a face to face with a person making the threat and broken their legs to send a message back.

edit on 7 5 2017 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

+5 more 
posted on Jul, 5 2017 @ 07:00 AM
link   
After waking up this morning and stepping into a giant cat hairball I figured I was going to have a crap day...until I came upon this thread. Thank you for saving my day. I can't stop laughing at all the memes.

CNN: You did this to yourself.
edit on 5-7-2017 by texasgirl because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join