It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not saying I saw a Mermaid, but yeah I think I did!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 05:54 PM
link   
I get tired of all the experts on sites like this, so damn self assured, "Nope, it's not real" etc. I believe you, there is plenty of strange, as yet unexplainable stuff out there still. It amazes me why people come on these sites to shoot others down. Why bother?
You took the time to tell us, you risked (and received) ridicule, but for me, I see no reason for me to doubt you.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: spit69
I'm sorry I didn't mean to imply you were dismissive. I'm just disappointed with all of the negative comments I received. Don't be envious. Nothing about this experience was good in my opinion. Rather it was more creepy and disturbing than anything else. a reply to: audubon

I know exactly where you are coming from with that (bolded) remark, and if I had any doubt about your sincerity, then those words would have removed that doubt. That is the stamp of something touching a chord deep in the unconscious mind, rather than being capable of verbalisation. People who only speculate on these things imagine that such an encounter would be exciting and fun to remember.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Hello! What a neat thought provoking experience you had. Not creepy. Thirty five years ago I was at Lake Cumberland, TN in a flooded cove sitting on an inter tube with my hand on the side of the boat. I was thinking: What would I do if a snake came along? Well just then water moccasin came swimming right at me. I stood up on the inter tube and dove head first through the boat window space and overhead boat roof. The snake went under the boat and swam out the other side of the boat. My family was scrambling for paddles to beat it off the boat. I was upside down with my head on the boat floor thinking I am doomed. Now that was weird and creepy. I saw two lights in the sky move in 2009 at 6:30 am dog walking.... I am sure you are going to always wonder what it was you saw, and why people are so difficult about believing you. Welcome to that club. I sleep with a night light on to this day at 51. LOL. I believe anything is possible.
edit on 3-7-2017 by frugal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 08:57 PM
link   
a reply to: spit69

I believe you saw something. I've seen some somethings in my life. One time I was down at a pond at my grandfather's boyhood home. He used to take us fishing there a lot. It was way down behind the house in the woods and I was just hanging out down there enjoying the solitude. Suddenly a very big something splashed down on the other side of the pond from me. Actually, if I was at six o'clock it was at around 9 or 10:00. I turned around in time to see the water splash up into the air and huge ripples coming out from the center about 10 feet out from the bank. It was like a big man did a belly flop in that pond but nothing came back up. I freaked and hightailed it outta there.

Thinking back on it I wondered if it could have been a big tree branch or something. If it was then that would have floated immediately back up. It had to be somebody or something jumping in. But what? Anyway, your story just made me think of this.

I think these things are related to UFOs, bigfoot, maybe ghosts even. I grew up in a house in which I experienced hauntings and poltergeist activity,
and later on saw a UFO in broad daylight. All these kinds of things have the same feeling of woo to me.
edit on 7/3/2017 by wtbengineer because: to add

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 09:15 PM
link   
You sure you didn't just end up in Weeki Wachee & are embarrassed to admit you enjoyed the show?

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 11:14 PM
link   
What an interesting experience! Thank you for sharing it.

If it really was a mermaid, I wonder what its perception is like. Would it be able to communicate with humans? Why did it choose to reveal itself to you? Why was it watching you?

I hope that one day you find the answers to these and many more questions.

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 04:41 PM
link   
When you consider there is over 100 million square miles of ocean, with an average depth of over 2 miles, human distribution in and on the oceans is virtually non-existent, we skim across the surface of the water, most subs only have he capacity to dive to relatively shallo depths, though some research subs can go the very bottom, but those are few and far between.

If there was a species - maybe a human off shoot with similar or perhaps greater intelligence, with enough distrust of humans, who would we ever see them if they didn't want to be seen? No doubt they could hear or see us coming from miles away, they could out manoeuvre us, could easily hide in the shadows or depths, after all, our eyes are very poor underwater.

They may be nomadic, using natural shelters such as caves, overhangs, reefs as shelter as opposed to building cities and we would never see a body if they tended to live at great depth - some fish live deep down but still come up to the surface so it is possible to be able to survive at a range of depths, specially with an evolved physiology.

So is it really that big a leap to at least consider the possibility of these creatures?

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: StuKE

Cool sighting, OP, whatever it was...

and StuKE, no, not a huge reach at all, really ... the last decade has us finding more human cousins than we knew of, with a couple strange finds that could indicate some old myths have reality to them... like "wee folk" (referencing the Flores "Hobbit" and that even smaller, weirder Atacama Humanoid).

So human cousins adapting to an aquatic environment and being spotted by folks down through the ages and across the oceans isn't as idiotic as I once thought.

In fact, there is that fairly valid hypothesis about humans perhaps evolving in water that was posited .. . Hardy's Aquatic Apes. Maybe some stayed.

Though I'd even go so far as to guess genetic chimeras from ancient civilizations... something else I once thought was total garbage, and now seriously consider as possible.

Thanks ATS ... you've created another "crackpot!"

posted on Jul, 4 2017 @ 09:52 PM
link   

I freaking love dolphins. I talked to a skipper out of
Brookings Or. last summer while staying with some friends.
Can't remember his name but he was skipper so that should
vouch for him. He says there out there and he wasn't kid'n.
edit on Rpm70417v53201700000017 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:28 AM
link   
He said what's out there? Are your implying mermaids? See what many don't understand is how much time I've spent out on the ocean between Long Island NY and Florida over the last 30 years. I'm not a kid, I'm 48 and believe me I know a lot about what's out there. Coming from a skipper you would expect he would know a thing or two. a reply to: randyvs

posted on Jul, 6 2017 @ 07:34 AM
link   
LOL I've been there a few times and no embarrassment here. Weeki Wachee is awesome, 72 degrees year round and crystal clear. a reply to: Nyiah

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Yes, do you mean he says mermaids are out there? Can you elaborate please?

edit on 7-7-2017 by StuKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2017 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
You probably saw a manatee.

Manatees are not fast swimmers at all and have to surface for air so they are very easy to track, even in deep water. From the video he posted I would say he was in 6 foot and less at times. Very easy to see a fish swimming under the surface in those depths and clarity....

Interesting story.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   
You don't get it. It wasn't just that, but what I saw when I went to where it was. I saw it swim underneath me also and it's tail. I'm done with the skeptical nonsense. I will be going back for more. I can't just forget it or let this go. a reply to: thesaneone

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Check the coordinates. I was in three feet of water over a sandbar. "It" was in a six foot channel 20 ft from me. 24°38'12.48"N 81°27'2.12"W a reply to: GuidedKill

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Even if my phone was ready and I was waiting for this to occur I doubt I could have gotten anything. That thing was fast and that's really an understatement. Combine that with the natural camouflage

So whatever you saw, was fast....in fact fast is an "understatement" no less!, and "natural camouflage" is added to boot!......yet the logical conclusion is "mermaid".....why?

When I got back to the rental place I told the Owner, you didn't tell me there were mermaids out there. Her explanation was it was a sea turtle. I call BS as I went right to where it was and there was no sea turtle.

Maybe the sea turtle, you know, swam off, whilst you were gone?....possible? you think?

My wife mentioned a scene in Pirates of the Caribbean to me where they eat the sailors, so I'm off to go check that out. What do ya think, is it possible?

Pirates of the Caribbean is a movie, it's not real, please don't use Pirates of the Caribbean as a reference point.

posted on Jul, 8 2017 @ 07:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: StuKE
I get tired of all the experts on sites like this, so damn self assured, "Nope, it's not real" etc. I believe you, there is plenty of strange, as yet unexplainable stuff out there still. It amazes me why people come on these sites to shoot others down. Why bother?
You took the time to tell us, you risked (and received) ridicule, but for me, I see no reason for me to doubt you.

But they will believe in aliens.

I have no doubt the op saw something.

It reminds me of my old friend when he mentioned, "the time you thought you saw a UFO"

I reminded him he and the other kids saw it too and we all ran to where we thought it dropped some molten fiery stuff.

"oh yeah" he says. lol.

posted on Jul, 9 2017 @ 11:57 AM
link   

So whatever you saw, was fast....in fact fast is an "understatement" no less!, and "natural camouflage" is added to boot!......yet the logical conclusion is "mermaid".....why?

What else has a head that looks human with long hair out in the freakin ocean. Not to mention it's 6 ft long 30" diameter scaly tail I saw when it swam under my ski.

Maybe the sea turtle, you know, swam off, whilst you were gone?....possible? you think?

I was on top of where it was within 3 seconds in crystal clear water and you think I wouldn't notice a giant sea turtle. Loggerheads lay eggs every year where I work in Juno Beach, FL. I've seen them up close in person many times. No way! I know what they look like!

Pirates of the Caribbean is a movie, it's not real, please don't use Pirates of the Caribbean as a reference point.

Ok bad reference I admit, but I had not seen it yet.

a reply to: Argyll

posted on Aug, 9 2017 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Awesome dolphin video, at any rate! As for the mermaid, who knows? The legends come from somewhere, right? I have a family member that claims to have seen an odd creature in a lake once. I didn't see it, but I did have a very strong feeling of being watched, and danger, on that lake.

Any plans to revisit the area? Underwater cams in that spot could be useful!

posted on Aug, 17 2017 @ 02:07 PM
link   
a reply to: LadyGreenEyes
Yes the legend came from somewhere long ago and goes on ever since so who knows. I'm curious about the lake, can you tell me where it is? I'd like to see it on google earth. I have a theory on where they live and I like to know more.

On a seperate note I was with a cousin and good friend in Orlando last weekend and they told me a story from a few weeks ago. I never told them mine but thought my uncle might have. I thought they were pulling my leg but they were dead serious.

Apparently they were camping on an island in Sebastian Inlet FL. They had a row boat and took it out at 2am. They said two mermaids hit the boat and threw them into the water. They both weigh around 220 so that must have been a heck of a hit.
Blew my mind really I thought they were kidding but they weren't. I would never have believed them if I had not seen what I think I did.

Going back to where I was, yes. To jet ski for sure. It's really beautiful there. Believeing I'll see more I'm not so sure but who knows.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join