It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm not saying I saw a Mermaid, but yeah I think I did!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:25 PM
link   
So a little background info first. I decided to do another staycation this summer in FL. After living here for the last 20 yrs. I decided to spend one week in Key West for the first time. As a part of the trip I wanted to go Jet Skiing as it is a favorite past time of mine. I first started riding in 91' on a Kawasaki 550 stand up on Long Island NY. My last ski was a 2012 Waverunner FZS which I brought to dump my Dad's ashes in the Great South Bay on Long Island per his wishes. I took it home with me and kept it for about two years and rode out of the Saint Lucie and Jupiter FL inlets on many occasions. Besides that I've also had three boats, so suffice it to say I know a thing or two about being out on the water. Yesterday was my appointment to go skiing at 12pm. My wife and I were gonna rent one ski for half a day out of Summerland Key about 20 miles from Key West. Sometime around 2pm we came across a pod of Dolphins, eight to be exact swimming in close formation over a vast sandbar area. I filmed them and afterwards I stopped to upload the video to Facebook. The ski was still running and just drifting in slow circles while I did this and by now the Dolphins were long gone. Here's where stuff got real and weird. All of a sudden I had that feeling like I was being watched and out of the corner of my left eye I saw what looked like a human head protruding out of the water. It was about 20 feet behind me. As soon as I turned my head in it's direction it went under the water in the blink of an eye. I immediately stood up and hit the throttle to head where it was. Within a few seconds I was right on top of where it was. Because I was standing up I saw more then my wife did. When I looked down I was in a 6ft deep channel with sea grass on the bottom. Again in the blink of an eye literally, I saw a 5 to 6 ft long tail about 24-30" in diameter shoot past me going in the opposite direction from where I was facing. It was large and as fast as anything I've ever seen. It blended almost perfectly with the seagrass bottom but I definitely saw large scales on it's tail. I don't scare easily but after this I really creeped the you know what out. Since I'm a big Google Earth fan and scoped out where I wanted to go weeks in advanced I know exactly where this occurred. The coordinates for those interested are... 24°38'12.48"N 81°27'2.12"W When I got back to the rental place I told the Owner, you didn't tell me there were mermaids out there. Her explanation was it was a sea turtle. I call BS as I went right to where it was and there was no sea turtle. This water is crystal clear and I know what I saw. I wish I had photo or video but as I explained my phone was already uploading and this all happened within a ten second period of time. Even if my phone was ready and I was waiting for this to occur I doubt I could have gotten anything. That thing was fast and that's really an understatement. Combine that with the natural camouflage and maybe just maybe, that's why they are so elusive and hardly ever even mentioned with any clarity. I for one will never look at the ocean quite the same way. In fact, I think this could explain a lot of the so called Bermuda Triangle phenomenon. Just last year two kids left Jupiter inlet and were never seen again. Think about it, if these things are evil and or hurt / eat people what would stop them from attacking a couple of kids out in a storm. No one else would be around to see it. BTW when this occurred to me yesterday there was no one around for miles. If anything happen, they would have only found the ski. My wife mentioned a scene in Pirates of the Caribbean to me where they eat the sailors, so I'm off to go check that out. What do ya think, is it possible? I can't stop thinking about it. Here's a link to the video of the Dolphins I was filming before this occurred. I BS you not, this happened. I saw it and can only offer you my explanation. Make of it what you may, but I'm pretty convinced. Video

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:33 PM
link   
You probably saw a manatee.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Seriously¿ I've seen many a manatee. Not even close, trust me you have no idea! a reply to: IAMTAT

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
a reply to: spit69

Cool story, bro.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Thanks for sharing, that's interesting.

Did you see this thing's head or arms at all even for a split second??

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: spit69
Seriously¿ I've seen many a manatee. Not even close, trust me you have no idea! a reply to: IAMTAT

I wish I had seen what you saw too. I believe you really think you saw a mermaid.
If it wasn't a manatee or a dolphin...then I have no idea what you saw.
If mermaids exist...you probably saw one.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:42 PM
link   

I've seen some very weird stuff and I can feel your energy. I sense you're being honest but that you're very confused.

I don't see how a merfolk could be real, but I am open to being wrong. I've seen weirder stuff than this.

Please continue.
What exactly did you see?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   

All I see is a wall of text.

And a memory of another member who thought he saw a mermaid in a piece of string.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:47 PM
link   

In another thread you were seeing mermaids in patterns and in wood...I appreciate the posting.

Perhaps looking for mermaids is not necessary, seems they find you.

Focus, in a moment of clarity, why mermaids?

mg

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Yes I saw what looked like someones head sticking out of the water watching me. Crazy really but it was so fast. There was no sea turtle and no fins protruding out of the water so I have no doubt it wasn't a dolphin, sea turtle, or anything you would expect to see out there. a reply to: muzzleflash

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
What? Can you point me to those post because I have no recollection of such. a reply to: missed_gear

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:51 PM
link   
a reply to: missed_gear

Was that the same poster?

This guys had an account for many years, I did see the thread about a mermaid in a hair fiber but this seems like a totally different guy.

Mermaid stuff pops up every summer and isn't uncommon. Are you absolutely sure about this?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:54 PM
link   
I saw what's commonly know as a mermaid or what ever the F
they are. a reply to: muzzleflash

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Yep seems the most logical explanation, case closed.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:55 PM
link   
You do know that mermaids are not real right? It's got to be a misidentified, non-mythological sea creature. Cool story though!

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I have no idea what this is about this is my first post. I've only made a few reply's now and then. Whateve!
a reply to: muzzleflash

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I find the part where you said you felt "being watched" really interesting.

That's a real phenomena and I cannot tell you how many times I looked up in a crowd of 100 people yet I looked straight at some weirdo staring at me. Straight at em instantly without my eyes stopping anywhere else.

Then you note no one else is looking at you. It's just that one person, and you felt it an looked straight at them.
edit on 7/1/2017 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:58 PM
link   
You know, three days ago I might have agreed with you. But not so much now.
a reply to: PorteurDeMort

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Then you know what I mean.

a reply to: muzzleflash

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join