It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump's 'feds' now in Chicago to fight gun violence 'epidemic'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: EternalShadow

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
The only way this will work is if you profile. We all know who is committing the shootings. When you start pulling over cars of black males, late at night, the ACLU and BLM will be up in arms. I say, tough. Profile the hell out of the thugs and put an end to the senseless violence. People are literally being killed for speaking badly about people who have been killed. Anyone familiar with Tooka?

They already know the gang members! Their names and addresses. It s a matter of being afraid to pass laws that some would feel are unconstitutional.

If that's true, well I say RICO the sh# out of them. Maximum sentences for all involved.

We'll have to send them to another state for incarceration...

""If anyone requires proof that Illinois needs criminal-justice reform, here’s a new statistic: Illinois’ prisons were the nation’s most overcrowded in 2014.

Illinois prisons held 16,183 more people than they were meant to hold, according to a September 2015 study by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, or BJS. That means Illinois’ prisons stood at over 150 percent of their intended capacity, a higher rate of overcrowding than any other prison system in the U.S.""

www.illinoispolicy.org...

ANY VOLUNTEERS?

As long as they're in prison, does it matter which prison? Prisoners get transferred all the time and with Illinois budget crisis, that's going to happen anyway.

Your point?

Would the people of Nevada be willing to pay for the daily cost of keeping 1,000 or more Chicago prisoners? Illinois can't pay Nevada.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
If it is something the police and the state won't do anything about then it is up to the feds to make it happen.

This doesn't feel like a federal problem. And, it seems more like a Chicago problem than an Illinois problem.

The best thing anyone could do would be to quarantine the city. Hungry people figure things out pretty quick.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

originally posted by: projectvxn
If it is something the police and the state won't do anything about then it is up to the feds to make it happen.

This doesn't feel like a federal problem. And, it seems more like a Chicago problem than an Illinois problem.

The best thing anyone could do would be to quarantine the city. Hungry people figure things out pretty quick.

Plenty of FEMA camps around the country...

Maybe institute a policy to relocate those that GENUINELY want out of the area to temporary FEMA camps/housing and let the rest be handled accordingly.
Provide housing programs away from the madness, while law enforcement and HUD clean up the area and put those away who decide to "duke it out". Once an all clear is established, folks can return to cleaner, safer neighborhoods. Jobs are created to do the initial work and even more jobs can be created to maintain it.

We spend billions on stupid ass sh!t...why not reinvest in people and improving our inner cities and infrastructure??

Not the best idea I KNOW..but a choice is better than no choice, or a lack of choices to begin with. There are families that are held hostage to the hood but want nothing to do with the hood and sincerely want the f# out.

I will say straight up that for some there is absolutely no hope or remedy. That is a horrible fact unfortunately.

I'm quite sure many would chose to go.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: PorteurDeMort
The only way this will work is if you profile. We all know who is committing the shootings. When you start pulling over cars of black males, late at night, the ACLU and BLM will be up in arms. I say, tough. Profile the hell out of the thugs and put an end to the senseless violence. People are literally being killed for speaking badly about people who have been killed. Anyone familiar with Tooka?

They already know the gang members! Their names and addresses. It s a matter of being afraid to pass laws that some would feel are unconstitutional.

If that's true, well I say RICO the sh# out of them. Maximum sentences for all involved.

We'll have to send them to another state for incarceration...

""If anyone requires proof that Illinois needs criminal-justice reform, here’s a new statistic: Illinois’ prisons were the nation’s most overcrowded in 2014.

Illinois prisons held 16,183 more people than they were meant to hold, according to a September 2015 study by the Bureau of Justice Statistics, or BJS. That means Illinois’ prisons stood at over 150 percent of their intended capacity, a higher rate of overcrowding than any other prison system in the U.S.""

www.illinoispolicy.org...

ANY VOLUNTEERS?

As long as they're in prison, does it matter which prison? Prisoners get transferred all the time and with Illinois budget crisis, that's going to happen anyway.

Your point?

Would the people of Nevada be willing to pay for the daily cost of keeping 1,000 or more Chicago prisoners? Illinois can't pay Nevada.

They'll have to go somewhere. If they release them over a lack of funding, our entire judicial system as crappy as it is will lose what credibility it has and the nation would flip their wigs.

Can't happen.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:37 AM
link   
You have to have lived in an urban ghetto to understand the utter bull # of the excuses for Chicago.

And what hurts is the black elite commentators who justify the conditions.

Police see young men who aught to be either at school or work lounging around on street corners.

YOU ROUST THEM!

Why aren’t you in school?

Why aren’t you working?

Where’s your id?

Infiltrate the gangs. You’re telling me they can take out the Italian Mafia but not these gangs. That’s because they just refuse to put the effort and resources in doing it.

I grew up in one of the worst ghettoes, probably in the earth,
Newark NJ. I know what I'm talking about.

When I was young and drugs first hit; five minutes it would take for the cops to roust us when we hit the streets.

Five goddam minutes...and I'm not exaggerating...PULL OVER MF…. And you’d be either on the ground or on a wall with a cops hands all in your pockets or a gun on stickin in your gut.

So please don't tell me about any BS called free assembly. They can do what they have to and want to do.

edit on 2-7-2017 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
What difference are 20 additional LEOs going to make in a police department with over 13,000 officers?

11k and something are commissioned officers with the rest being non sworn support staff. Also you have to consider staffing levels and resource allocations - IE how many officers are assigned to given shifts / sectors and what the primary focus is currently for Chicago police.

Bringing in the feds allows for the creation / implementation of joint task forces. This removes the issues of jurisdiction between cities / departments and allows those agencies to forward officers to the task force, improving communications and streamlining enforcement efforts.

It also opens up more resources from the federal government to assist. Not to mention the feds have laws that local police cant enforce on there own. A task force removes that road block.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I have no doubt the Dems will obstruct Trump to keep him from helping people.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik
What difference are 20 additional LEOs going to make in a police department with over 13,000 officers?

Federal agents will go after gangs and drug dealers. This is a repeat it's happened before except then it was prohibition and instead of drugs it was alcohol. However things were out of control with the mob. And the feds went in and cleaned house.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

There are already offices and agents there. The line that Trump is "sending" in feds is political theater.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Federal agents will go after gangs and drug dealers. This is a repeat it's happened before except then it was prohibition and instead of drugs it was alcohol. However things were out of control with the mob. And the feds went in and cleaned house.

"But, but, but what does DC know about what is better locally?"

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:48 PM
link   

If the Federal/City game crime reduction partnership is successful, you'll see the "number of shootings" bar-graph start to lower at: heyjackass.com...

That's very true, I can just take a wait and see approach. I'm purely referring to extrajudicial practices to deal with gang members. I don't support asset forfeiture (we've all seen how that has been abused) despite it originally doing some good.

Bring in as many feds as it takes, but do things by the book.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Why didn't Obama do this years ago?...It's going to be a long battle, as it is.

Why don't you ask Al Capone why Obama didn't do this years ago >.>

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:32 PM
link   
ATF stands for alcohol, tobacco, and firearms about the lowest rung of the federal agents, what are they going? The Chicago police will view them as interlopers and wont even cooperate with them.

So 20 agents from the ATF aren’t going to do a thing. They need to have a whole year of the National Guard in the street.

Haul the gangs in for questioning.

Anything else is just window dressing.

posted on Jul, 3 2017 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: TobyFlenderson
a reply to: Willtell

Can't outlaw gangs. It's a constitutional right, the right of free assembly. Of course if and when they can prove they are criminal gangs, that's already outlawed.

Maybe you can not outlaw gangs but you can put many in prison under the RICO laws.

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:03 PM
link   

The Feds need to work harder, or bring in reinforcements. The city's murder rate is escalating. It's now ahead of 2016, with almost 400 killed so far this year.

www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Jul, 25 2017 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: BestinShow
a reply to: Byrd

What's needed is money for manpower and technology and one van that quickly identifies guns is not much help in stopping crime though it helps in criminal analysis.

Wrong.

What's needed is jobs and an economy that can grow, not more manpower or technology.

You know America is like 95% employed and technology is responsible for every luxury in your life from what you do for fun, to what you eat, to bathing, and even your education and healthcare. Most American's can't even Wash Dishes, and replaced an available a Job with technology long ago.
edit on 25-7-2017 by DoneWithHumans because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Friday August 4th 10:10pm.

7 Shot, and the weekend just started.

www.chicagotribune.com...

If the Feds are REALLY here, they need to step up their game.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:13 PM
link   
... and now, predictably, all the right-wingers LOVE them some Federal interference in State and local matters.

Good to see that the Right's core authoritarianism is once more proudly displayed.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
... and now, predictably, all the right-wingers LOVE them some Federal interference in State and local matters.

Good to see that the Right's core authoritarianism is once more proudly displayed.

Too bad it's not working. More young people would live to see their next birthday.

posted on Aug, 4 2017 @ 10:19 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Yes, every despot in the world has always promised safety if we only let them crack down.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join