It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is the logical heir for the Democratic Party?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Obviously you are just against Muslims.
Is there an ignore button here? I don't want to hear opinions from alternative fact type people.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963
The question should be, when will the Democratic Party come up with a coherent platform that doesn't eliminate half the country?

originally posted by: underwerks
Probably around the same time the republicans do.

Sooo never?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mollybendus
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Obviously you are just against Muslims.
Is there an ignore button here? I don't want to hear opinions from alternative fact type people.

Huh, I didn't see anything in there about Muslims.

Are you implying that Obama was a Muslim?

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 07:43 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Everyone knows that Obama is a muslim.

So was the head of the CIA.

www.snopes.com...

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Lucidparadox

Wow, so every person who doesn't live in a city is subhuman?

You are a piece of work.

Wow...

You definitely mis-read that.. which I can definitely see, seeing as how it was typed on not said vocally

when I said "you know, where actual people live..."

the emphasis was not just on the "people"

It was on "people live"

As in, "you know, where (an) actual (majority of) people live..."

It was me drawing attention to large area little to no population vs. Small area vast population

I do believe that since rural america has less population it shoudnt have a handicap in voting over laws that govern urban america seeing as how laws effect urban populations moreso that rural ones.

edit on 1-7-2017 by Lucidparadox because: none

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:43 PM
link   

I dont think your attempt at explanation came across the way you thought it would..

So let me guess.. Rural america should just shut up and listen to their betters in the city huh...

Wow you are a piece of work...

Do you have a problem with the huge advantage Democrats have in the electoral college...Cali 55 pt advantage before the first vote is cast how is that "fair"?

Or is it only a problem when it does not work in your favor..

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 09:56 PM
link   

What you are ignoring is that there is not a stark dichotomy there. You don't leave the cities and then ... oh, miles and miles of tiny farmstead.

You miss all the medium population centers. And lots of them voted for Trump. It was only the very largest cities that voted for Hillary in every state, and sometimes, not even the larger ones but the academic ones in some places.

Look at Kansas. Topeka and Wichita are two of largest population centers in the state, but they went for Trump. And not even all of the Kansas side of Kansas City went for Hillary, only the JoCo part, not the Wyandotte County part. The only population center in the state that voted Hillary was Lawrence which is academic, not urban.

On the Missouri side, you have three counties voting Hillary - Jackson county (Kansas City urban poor), Columbia (another academic center), and one county St. Louis side.

So basically, it seems to me you thought The Hunger Games was an instruction manual on how best to run a country.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:04 PM
link   
considering the choices we had this time around, I really wonder if there is anyone in either party worthy of bringing up in either party. but barring the two parties self destructing and new parties rising up from their ashes...
my guess would be warren..
I'm not saying that because I consider her to be so fantastic, it's just that she seems to be out in the limelight more often.
like maybe she is being propped up.

but, to be honest, it's kind of like there is a lack of political talent in our country today... I just don't see anyone in either party that would be really capable enough to convince the voters to vote for them instead of voting against the other person.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mollybendus
a reply to: Logarock

The greatest POTUS ever is not going to have a legacy left all thanks to Trumps agenda to destroy everything Obama had put in place to make the nation as great as it is today.

"The greatest POTUS ever?" Obama wasn't really much of a President.

He failed to negotiate with the Congress to get things he wanted and decided to rule by Executive Order. He came up with a health plan that was doomed to failure because the subscriber base was loaded toward high cost pre-existing condition subscribers and didn't have enough healthy people to offset costs. Mandated coverage for maternity even though single men were policy holders drove costs up and serious penalties for not having insurance forced many into difficult positions. A family I know, fairly young and healthy, paid medical out of pocket and paid the penalty as it was less costly than the insurance.

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: gladtobehere
Too bad shes not a Republican.

How about they both agree to run independent, and we compromise for American civil and constitutional liberties across the dual party spectrum towards the center? Legalize marijuana, remove federal funding, non-interventionist policy, nationalize the Fed (
), castrate the IRS, etc...

My new dream team. But I still want Joni Ernst somewhere. Shes trying her damndist too. And seeing her twitter, shes got some nice support growing.Wheres all the love for the females guys??

Forget Sheila Jackson, a little bit too extreme there. Now if she plays along maybe a secretary position to placate the restless proles. Im only pulling from Congress here. Perhaps there are other governors, industry heads or generals besides the usual media focus? Which states are doing well with health insurance affordability and jobs/production?? Perhaps there has been good governorship there? I would prefer a recent high ranking military official, such as the gentle-ladies from Hawaii or Iowa.
edit on 7-1-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-1-2017 by worldstarcountry because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 1 2017 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox

originally posted by: TheNaiI
a reply to: skynet2015

[SNIP]

Spot on!

The electoral college mathematically favors rural populations.

The majority of the country that lives in high population centers is being held politically hostage by low population density areas.

The electoral college is almost a direct reflection of.. if you own more land.. your vote counts more.

Quick tutorial in history.

The United States of America is a Constitutional Republic, not a mob ruled Democracy!

Those of you who support mob rules are truly ignorant of history and how it repeats itself! Our founders were a hell of a lot smarter than the cultural Marxists who turned truth into a narcissistic state of fascism!

I don't need a lesson.

I'm not arguing what it is. I know what it is.

What I am saying is that what it is, is wrong. Plain and simple.

There's been what.. 27 amendments to the constitution since it was written?

May a correction to how we elect our president can be amendment 28.

Good luck with that. I really doubt most of the heartland wants to be ruled by the coastal mobs in Cali.

But see thats where you are wrong.

The right has tried to make it seem like its all just California..

When the truth is, almost every population center in every state is blue and voted blue.

www-personal.umich.edu...

Theres the election map by county.

You see all those blue dots in the sea of red?

Its where people actually live... you know, humans.. where Humans outnumber livestock

See, that whole 'disregard the majority of the country for the sake of the party' thing is why the DNC is losing ground with people.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: essentialtremors

originally posted by: TheNaiI

[SNIP]

Spot on!

The electoral college mathematically favors rural populations.

The majority of the country that lives in high population centers is being held politically hostage by low population density areas.

The electoral college is almost a direct reflection of.. if you own more land.. your vote counts more.

Quick tutorial in history.

The United States of America is a Constitutional Republic, not a mob ruled Democracy!

Those of you who support mob rules are truly ignorant of history and how it repeats itself! Our founders were a hell of a lot smarter than the cultural Marxists who turned truth into a narcissistic state of fascism!

I don't need a lesson.

I'm not arguing what it is. I know what it is.

What I am saying is that what it is, is wrong. Plain and simple.

There's been what.. 27 amendments to the constitution since it was written?

May a correction to how we elect our president can be amendment 28.

Good luck with that. I really doubt most of the heartland wants to be ruled by the coastal mobs in Cali.

But see thats where you are wrong.

The right has tried to make it seem like its all just California..

When the truth is, almost every population center in every state is blue and voted blue.

www-personal.umich.edu...

Theres the election map by county.

You see all those blue dots in the sea of red?

Its where people actually live... you know, humans.. where Humans outnumber livestock

See, that whole 'disregard the majority of the country for the sake of the party' thing is why the DNC is losing ground with people.

Quite the opposite, the Urban centers (places in blue) ARE the MAJORITY of the country.

The majority of the countries population lives in urban centers, hence why the left won the popular vote.

I have been trying to explain to people that this election was not about Left vs. Right per-se (thats why Trump won).. it was about Urban vs Rural environments.. and unfortunately, electoral college gives a handicap to rural areas.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Thankfully the founding fathers recognized this and set in place the electoral college system eh?

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 01:56 AM
link   
I wish I could find a map that shows what Im looking for/trying to communicate

I need a map that creates a size distortion by COUNTY based on population density then color it red and blue...

That map would blow the right wingers minds here

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 02:48 AM
link   

" Who is the logical heir for the Democratic Party? "

Satan .

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Let me give you an example of why I think the system worked our perfectly this time... and why I will fight till I am dead and buried to keep this system in place.

I grew up in a rural county in Florida, our water management district had the rules that only counties of a certain population density could vote.

Florida was in a 10 year long drought... the big population density city in our district was running out of water... so do they conserve water, apply restrictions do anything that might annoy their city.. .nope of course not, they voted to pull the water from our county. Lakes dried up.. wells went dry... ranches closed... orange groves died... we had huge problems all so the high population density city could water their lawns during a drought!

It took our county a solid 10 years of fighting in the court system to force them to stop... that was just in one small corner of the country.

After seeing that their is no way I will ever trust the big city areas to ever do a bloody thing other than vote in their own self interest...

That is why I feel the electoral college has been the best way to this point and will remain the best way going forward to give representation to everyone...

Please remember if Hillary runs a halfway decent campaign she wins in a walk... republicans have to be nearly perfect and have the demcorats screw the pooch to win the oval office.
=========================================================================================================

On topic... I would be thrilled to see a Tulsi/Rand ticket... I think it would make the fuzzy little heads of the establishment explode...quite possibly even more so than they have with trump.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:53 AM
link   

I wish I could find a map that shows what Im looking for/trying to communicate

I need a map that creates a size distortion by COUNTY based on population density then color it red and blue...

That map would blow the right wingers minds here

I've seen that map and it doesn't blow my mind because it shows a great, big, huge stack out in LA, another one in Chicago, but there are also some big red stacks too. A lot of northern Arizona is such a red stack. There are more red towers of lesser height than there are great big, tall blue stacks, but not many of those blue stacks. Again, it seems like you favor a Hunger Games model.

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

The biggest issue I have with any Democrat, even one I might like if charge of the Democrat Party, is party pressure to tow the line.

How many times do you see the supposed moderate go to Washington only to tow the line? Very few can afford to be like Manchin and buck the party at times.

As much as one might seem OK in the running, I'd be afraid we'd all get shivved as soon as they took office because I feel like with a Democrat, I am voting party, not person.
edit on 2-7-2017 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 06:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

The question should be, when will the Democratic Party come up with a coherent platform that doesn't eliminate half the country?

Probably around the same time the republicans do.

I am enjoying watching them squirm around too! Did you think your comment would rile me up? The only platform the Democratic party has at the moment is based on Fear and Hate!

You mean they have adopted the Republican one? (For the record, we need a Constitutional Convention to fix our "all or nothing" system.)

posted on Jul, 2 2017 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Don't bet on that anytime soon and Seekers right, the demos platform IS based on Fear and Hate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join